Bargnani Trade Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e2thed wrote: View Post
    at this juncture ill trade bargs for Kanter and jazz 2nd 1st round pick for 2012
    That one I don't mind so much. I think Kanter may be a broken man in a few years though, I don't trust those knees.

Comment

• GetUpBird wrote: View Post
      That one I don't mind so much. I think Kanter may be a broken man in a few years though, I don't trust those knees.
      Rather have someone play til they're legs fall off then one who is a sissy.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Rather have someone play til they're legs fall off then one who is a sissy.
        I'd rather win, but whatever works for you

Comment

I'd rather win, but whatever works for you
          and you think Bargs will help us win?

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
            and you think Bargs will help us win?
            More so than Kanter on the pine. Yup.

Comment

Don't really have the patience to do a scouting report on all the posters. Just saw your trade above. Here is what it gets us in reality.

A backup point guard - We already have 2
              Cap Space - We already have more than we will be able to spend
              Draft Pick- We will have a high one, sure 2 would be nice but drafts are like rolling dice
              Ed Davis- Will be fine as the first guy off the bench for at least 2 years
              Petro- Errrr pass
              We have 1 back up pg that will not be with the team past next year, will most likely be broken (again) after this summer's Olympics, and could very well be amnestied this summer. We have another combo guard who will most likely not be a Raptor next year. Farmar is an actual NBA PG - with championship experience - and still only 25.

Cap space that can be used for more than free agents - they could send $5M out in a trade and take back $15M.

A high draft pick in a loaded draft with a GM and a VP of operations who have had stellar records in drafting.

Ed Davis might not agree about coming off the bench for 2 years when his talent says he should be starting. Also, having him come off the bench in a PF role (which is what Casey has said) does not help him reach his potential.

Petro is the cost of doing business and can fill the Aaron Gray role next year.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                We have 1 back up pg that will not be with the team past next year, will most likely be broken (again) after this summer's Olympics, and could very well be amnestied this summer. We have another combo guard who will most likely not be a Raptor next year. Farmar is an actual NBA PG - with championship experience - and still only 25.

Cap space that can be used for more than free agents - they could send $5M out in a trade and take back $15M.

A high draft pick in a loaded draft with a GM and a VP of operations who have had stellar records in drafting.

Ed Davis might not agree about coming off the bench for 2 years when his talent says he should be starting. Also, having him come off the bench in a PF role (which is what Casey has said) does not help him reach his potential.

Petro is the cost of doing business and can fill the Aaron Gray role next year.
                By that logic, we should just let the PG's walk (cap space), not pay a backup PG 4mill a year (Farmar), Let Ed start when he deserves it, keep Bargs as a high scoring 6th man when that happens.

Sure we are out a draft pick from your senario, but odds are we aren't drafting someone will the skill set of Bargs that can put of 30pts a game.

Comment

By that logic, we should just let the PG's walk (cap space), not pay a backup PG 4mill a year (Farmar), Let Ed start when he deserves it, keep Bargs as a high scoring 6th man when that happens.

Sure we are out a draft pick from your senario, but odds are we aren't drafting someone will the skill set of Bargs that can put of 30pts a game.
                  You've lost me.

One could make the argument ED has already earned the right to start with 10/10 in 21 minutes and 9/8 in 23 minutes with a two game total of 9/13 shooting plus his play to end last year.

Your scenario leaves the Raptors with no point guards.

Making Bargs the 6th man leaves us the question: what about Amir?

Why wouldn't a drafted player have the ability to score 30 points in a game? It is not like Bargnani scores 30 points every game. There are a lot of guys who can score 20 ppg on a bad team in the NBA (Mike James?).

Nobody on the Raptors is untouchable - the team is far from good enough for that type of thinking. One area where I think we agree is Bargnani should be able to fetch more than this.

Comment

More so than Kanter on the pine. Yup.
                    your quite the comedian.

Comment

Bargs cannot put up 30 a night...
                      And have you seen any of the players in this draft? On a bad team, lots of the players have a chance to put up 30 a night.

And why would let our PG's go, and not sign another one....
                      Ed deserves to start now. Other than Bargs needing to play his "natural position" he would be starting.

Comment

• GetUpBird is the reincarnation of Multipaul.

Comment

GetUpBird is the reincarnation of Multipaul.
                          +1

Comment

No kidding.

Comment

i was just thinkin that

Comment

• I'm not kidding lol, only thing missing is the obnoxious photoshopped Bargnani avatars.

Comment

Working...
                                X