No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magician needs to visit the Wizard and ask him for his shot back.

Getting a heart while he's there wouldn't hurt either.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Richie has a point there.

Comment

• Simmons'opinions are sometimes a little out there no doubt, but his and anyone elses criticism of Bargnani is well justified. We have heard Colanagelo talk since drafting him about how well this guy performed in these secret psycological tests that he is so fond of, that are supposed to translate into a mentally tough player . Maybe it translates as a guy who is mentally tough enough to not give a crap what others say about his game even though they are all completely right.

Bargnani is a cardboard box and some tatterd clothes away from being an actual bum. He is an absolute embarrasment to the game. That's real talk, not the foggy vision of fans so blinded by their love for the team that they will defend a guy to the death, even though his effort and laziness show blatant disrespect to the team and their fans. If he ever turns it around then I will stop s#$%ing on him, but I have seen zero hope that he will ever be more than a 7 foot, Italian version of Corey Maggette minus the free throw attemts.
        Deadallus

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
          Typical Yertu and Tim W pointless hateration. My recommendation is avoid these hate-mongers. You guys should go to Cairo and join the street mob to get out your violent aggression.

PS, the fact that people are referring to Bill Simmons as if he knows jack sh*t about hoopin is rideeeekulous. He is a good writer, funny at times, but totally biased and unknowledgeable about stats. Basically he's a well paid douchebag.
          sigh. i'm not simmons' biggest fan by any means, but the dump he took this morning had more basketball acumen in it than you'll ever have, my friend.

i do have one request - go play the game. find a group of guys, pick up a ball, head to a gym, and play. but what i want you to do is focus on the one guy who's just there to jack shots, who doesn't understand their defensive/rebounding responsibilities, and who could give two shits about the concept of team basketball. trust me, there's always at least one...of course, in the almost infinitesimally small chance that you do play, i'm guessing that YOU'RE that guy....which would explain a lot.
          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• The most interesting thing about this stat is it is a +/- thing that doesn't say Bargs is garbage. basketballvalue also meaures +/- and says Bargs is complete trash.

So we have two +/- measures that totally contradict each other. Which is correct? Dunno.

But right now Bargs is playing hurt, and his defense is better this year than last. So I'm not unhappy with him.

Comment

• Typical nonsensical over analysis. I don't know about you guys, but in all the basketball I have watched I have never seen a player curl around a screen, take a pass, pull out a calculator, plug in some numbers (distance from the hoop, shot trajectory, ball rotation, speed the ball is travelling) prior to shooting.
              Deadallus

Comment

• malefax wrote: View Post
                The most interesting thing about this stat is it is a +/- thing that doesn't say Bargs is garbage. basketballvalue also meaures +/- and says Bargs is complete trash.

So we have two +/- measures that totally contradict each other. Which is correct? Dunno.

But right now Bargs is playing hurt, and his defense is better this year than last. So I'm not unhappy with him.
                The reason the two +/- stats differ is because one is a RAW +/-, and the other compensates for ones Crappy Teammates and Better Opponents. Suppose they are both correct... just depends what your definition of correct is.
                They follow their own formulas, and using these formulas spit out 'Correct' results. Whether the formula is flawed is probably the better question.
                And I'm not sure his defense is any better this year over last. At least last year he seemed to enjoy blocking shots. This year he's completely forgotten how!

Comment

• The irony in all of this is that numbers are used to justify Barg's or any other player's status. However, good players (the ones that matter to their teams the most) can never be measured by numbers - intangibles such as heart, passion and effort in the truest sense of these words. The only thing we can discuss as far as this player is concerned is just numbers simply because he really has nothing else to offer (or elements of his game that one cannot measure).
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                    sigh. i'm not simmons' biggest fan by any means, but the dump he took this morning had more basketball acumen in it than you'll ever have, my friend.

i do have one request - go play the game. find a group of guys, pick up a ball, head to a gym, and play. but what i want you to do is focus on the one guy who's just there to jack shots, who doesn't understand their defensive/rebounding responsibilities, and who could give two shits about the concept of team basketball. trust me, there's always at least one...of course, in the almost infinitesimally small chance that you do play, i'm guessing that YOU'RE that guy....which would explain a lot.

Wow..that was clever, that might have been the wittiest thing to ever come out of Halifax. Isn't there a "Sloan" concert you should be at. One day when they install basketball courts in Nova Scotia you should come back and post here.

Comment

• Comment

• Good on Evans for sticking up for his teammate.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                          Wow..that was clever, that might have been the wittiest thing to ever come out of Halifax. Isn't there a "Sloan" concert you should be at. One day when they install basketball courts in Nova Scotia you should come back and post here.
                          no no...THAT was clever. i mean, i know you know that there are basketball courts in NS (you do realize that Halifax hosted the CIS championship for a couple decades, right? and is doing so this year? right?), but the insinuations that we're an ass-backwards part of the country never gets old. hey, i'm proud of where i'm from. i've lived all over this country, but i came back here because i wanted to have a healthier work/life balance, and though at the time we moved back kids were a far-off thought, now that i have a daughter, the fact we live where we do is reassuring. you can mock that if you like, but i'm not sure it does anything but make you look like a close-minded fool. well, MORE of a close-minded fool.

and sloan was/is a good band. not a personal favourite (though 'underwhelmed' is awesome...and kind of fitting for a raptor fan), but pretty good.

now, if you'll excuse me, i have to ski-doo home & prepare our meal of whale blubber.
                          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                            no no...THAT was clever. i mean, i know you know that there are basketball courts in NS (you do realize that Halifax hosted the CIS championship for a couple decades, right? and is doing so this year? right?), but the insinuations that we're an ass-backwards part of the country never gets old. hey, i'm proud of where i'm from. i've lived all over this country, but i came back here because i wanted to have a healthier work/life balance, and though at the time we moved back kids were a far-off thought, now that i have a daughter, the fact we live where we do is reassuring. you can mock that if you like, but i'm not sure it does anything but make you look like a close-minded fool. well, MORE of a close-minded fool.

and sloan was/is a good band. not a personal favourite (though 'underwhelmed' is awesome...and kind of fitting for a raptor fan), but pretty good.

now, if you'll excuse me, i have to ski-doo home & prepare our meal of whale blubber.
                            what about Thrush Hermit?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              When Carter left, Bosh was only half way through his second season at the age of 19 years old. Bargnani is 25 years old. See where I'm going with this?
                              no actually i dont care to explain

Comment

• Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
                                So what's the excuse going to be for never having developed his defensive skills or rebounding?
                                3 more boards / game = top 15 rebounder in nba homie.. then whatchu gonna say

Comment

Working...
                                X