No announcement yet.

Everything Jerryd Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people only including these 3 games? The whole point that people like me are making, is he was arguably the best player on the Raptors last year when Jose went down. And low and behold, Jose goes down and Bayless is once again arguably the best player on the team.

And, judging by 3 games you say is too little? Same goes for his deficiencies, how is he going to become a better floor general? With 30+ starter minutes a game, until he and everyone else gets comfortable with him running the offense.

Look he already is an accomplished shooter, he has the toughness and energy, and arguably the quickness to be a starting point-guard. The only draw back I see, is his mental lapses. How best do you overcome those mental mistakes, playing time plain and simple!
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I do believe this thread is premature. I think we should be happy that we're getting production out of one of are player. Instead of trying to find what's wrong with it. The end of the day Jerryd Bayless helped us win today and that's all that matters.
      Oh no, don't get us wrong. Well, I'll speak for myself...

I like Bayless' game, and he played solid tonight, it's just, he's proving why he can't be a future player at running the team for us, which is a discussion/topic that is constantly being talked about regardless the thread.

He played hard out there, made good decisions, had some bad ones, especially with shot selection, but other than that he had a solid game for us at the point guard. I would TOTALLY love to see him prove me wrong, it's just his showing from the past that has proved unreliable for us.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        Why are people only including these 3 games? The whole point that people like me are making, is he was arguably the best player on the Raptors last year when Jose went down. And low and behold, Jose goes down and Bayless is once again arguably the best player on the team.

And, judging by 3 games you say is too little? Same goes for his deficiencies, how is he going to become a better floor general? With 30+ starter minutes a game, until he and everyone else gets comfortable with him running the offense.

Look he already is an accomplished shooter, he has the toughness and energy, and arguably the quickness to be a starting point-guard. The only draw back I see, is his mental lapses. How best do you overcome those mental mistakes, playing time plain and simple!
        Best player on the raptors when Jose went down?! Demar was MOST DEFINITELY the best player when both Bargnani and Jose was out.
        Plus if you're talking about low and behold, or in other words today's game, the best player was Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson.

If he consistently performs in those 30+ minutes, THAN we can talk about how good he is at the point guard situation, but it is too little. 3 games is not an NBA season my friend.

Mental lapses? I can't disagree with that. But he has tunnel vision, looks for his shot first, terrible court awareness, can't take defensive pressure, bad shot selection, just so much that takes away from him, and he's proved to us in the past that he's an unreliable point guard. Like I said, if he consistently performs at the level he is playing, THAN we can make judgments about his positives/negatives.

EDIT* The team is not supposed to be adjusting their comfort level with you, as the floor general, it's your job to be comfortable to adjust into the way the team plays. I.E The Knicks situation Carmelo playing with Lin.....
        Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Mar 14, 2012, 12:11 AM.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I agree with the only way to get better Is with experience. Hopefully he uses this stretch to do that. I still believe he capable of being a starting lead guard in this league. In a Billups mold.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Best player on the raptors when Jose went down?! Demar was MOST DEFINITELY the best player when both Bargnani and Jose was out.
            Plus if you're talking about low and behold, or in other words today's game, the best player was Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson.

If he consistently performs in those 30+ minutes, THAN we can talk about how good he is at the point guard situation, but it is too little. 3 games is not an NBA season my friend.

Mental lapses? I can't disagree with that. But he has tunnel vision, looks for his shot first, terrible court awareness, can't take defensive pressure, bad shot selection, just so much that takes away from him, and he's proved to us in the past that he's an unreliable point guard. Like I said, if he consistently performs at the level he is playing, THAN we can make judgments about his positives/negatives.

EDIT* The team is not supposed to be adjusting their comfort level with you, as the floor general, it's your job to be comfortable to adjust into the way the team plays. I.E The Knicks situation Carmelo playing with Lin.....
            His only proven that his not a reliable back up point guard
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't mind him being the PG of the future honestly. People here are too used to seeing Jose spoon feed all of our players so they think we need a guy who will get 10+ assists every night. I really don't give a crap as long as we win. There are a shit load of scoring PG's in the league so i don't see the problem. He reminds me of a bigger TJ ford but arguably a better shooter. We could simply move jose to the bench and start bayless. I don't really mind

Comment

Aaron Gray received MVP chants for his hustle a few weeks back, and yes he had a few decent defensive/rebounding games since. Does that mean we should sign him long-term as our defensive anchor?

Bayless had a hot shooting night but you can't say he's the right guy to lead our offense in the future. There's no way this franchise needs to lock him up in a big contract.

Comment

give him the week and see if he can average above 10 points and 4 assists, if he can i say we extend him.

Comment

Not a hater. I think he is great for the current raptors lacking offensive production as he can make his own shot and drive to the rim. I simply don't think he is worth a lot of money which could go into acquiring better players or re-signing rookie contracts. A 3-game streak in your contract year is hardly worth any discussion. Give him the qualifying offer only if he puts up consistent numbers and plays on both ends of the floor.

Comment

Go back to last year as a starter for 14 games and this year as a starter and Bayless averages around 20 points 6-7 assists. His turnovers as a starter I remember last year were less than Calderone. The point is, he has a makeup that that makes him play better as a starter. I suspect that if given more of an opportunity to start, the areas of his game where he is weakest would improve. As it stands the team does as well with Bayless at the point but there is also the promise of an upside that he could be really good if given the chance.

Comment

It doesn't matter what you think of him really. We need to stop halfassing our commitment to him and throw him into the fire. The opportunity cost is too high. Dude can play, let's give him a shot that he's never gotten. Idk why people can't over the fact that he'll do stupid stuff at times.

Also, this game lines up with Bayless' other starts last season (highly efficient 18/6.7). Right down to the slow/shaky starts too. Meh. I'm more impressed w/ how Irving was locked down.

Comment

I agree: Bayless has the potential to be a starting PG...ON A BOTTOM FEEDING TEAM!

Hey, even mighty mouse was a superstar in the league with the Raptors~

Comment

Bayless took some time to adjust to the new system and like a lot of players did not look to be ready at the start of the season. League wide, players were shooting poorly but his slump seemed to be particularly long. He has not learned to stop shooting when his shot isn't falling just like Calderon has not learned to keep shooting when his is. Casey has helped Calderon along with this and with his newly developed ability to shoot semi-contested shots; he is a much better player. Bayless is rounding back into form but when his shot is not falling he is like a gunfighter without his gun. It is vital that he works on his shooting consistency and all around game. To be fair though he has missed a lot of development time and is further along than Calderon was at this point in his career. Again, we should sign this guy cheap now and develop all that raw potential!

Comment

His distribution is still lacking big time. He doesn't have a bball IQ that I would like to see as a PG on this team. Maybe a backup but definitely not a starter.

Comment

raptors2012 wrote: View Post
                                I agree: Bayless has the potential to be a starting PG...ON A BOTTOM FEEDING TEAM!

Hey, even mighty mouse was a superstar in the league with the Raptors~
                                damon was a good player.

Comment

Working...
                                X