Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    How much longer is this bs meme going to drag on? Salmon's and Hayes' "mistakes" are having almost no athleticism and no longer having the ability to put the ball through the hoop. They play smart basketball for the most part, and make few true mistakes.

Ross and JV do have the athleticism and scoring ability. Ross can get overmatched physically at times; that is not a mistake on his part, that is a matchup issue. But they can become total fuckup's, especially so at the defensive end. JV not boxing out or being late on rotations multiple times are the types of mistakes that few coaches on winning teams will tolerate.
    Probably as long as Casey makes bs statements about how if it weren't that Ross and JV are the future, he'd likely not play them at all.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I'm curious as to how many minutes Ross and JV will get next season under Casey. DeMar in his third year (first under Casey) was averaging 35 mpg at 22 years of age.

The team had Barbosa, Anderson, Butler, and Carter who were all veterans but weren't able to steal minutes from DD.

So if Casey wants to continue to teach Ross and JV lessons I would find that hypocritical considering he didn't do the same with DD and DD made a lot of mistakes in his third year especially on the defensive end.
      One key difference between minutes DD was given vs minutes Ross and JV have been given is who was calling the shots at the time. I think Masai takes a far less hands-on approach than BC did.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
        One key difference between minutes DD was given vs minutes Ross and JV have been given is who was calling the shots at the time. I think Masai takes a far less hands-on approach than BC did.
        I agree, although apparently somewhat hands on.

I was actually a little surprised to hear the relationship that MU and DC had fostered this year. The way they talk about it, it sounds like a very healthy professional relationship. I'd always thought too much meddling from the GM was a bad thing...
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Probably as long as Casey makes bs statements about how if it weren't that Ross and JV are the future, he'd likely not play them at all.
          Did he say "not play them at all" or did you make that up also?
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

kumbaya my lord, kumbayaa
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• you get the impression that Casey would play them less if he wasn't mandated to play them more. He has made statements as such. I don't recall him saying they wouldn't play at all. I think that was more exaggeration for effect
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I likely made it up.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  you get the impression that Casey would play them less if he wasn't mandated to play them more. He has made statements as such. I don't recall him saying they wouldn't play at all. I think that was more exaggeration for effect
                  Quit making stuff up.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    you get the impression that Casey would play them less if he wasn't mandated to play them more. He has made statements as such. I don't recall him saying they wouldn't play at all. I think that was more exaggeration for effect
                    It seems like there was an order from above.

But it seems like it's not so much that he was mandated to play them more, but that he was told that the goal of this year was to develop young players.

So he's saying if developing those players didn't matter at all, he'd have rather played them less. But this wasn't the case, and very rarely is unless you're a contender or the Bucks.

Now, either way. At least he played them a reasonable amount, and at least he's listening to advice.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• It was said he would be judged not on wins but the development of the team. To me that means if you don't get things out of these young guys, I'm gonna buy you a fishing pole
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I would guess it wasn't a mandate, but an agreement. MU and DC seem to have a good working relationship, so they have plenty of interaction. Both I'm sure realize what's best for the long term may not be best for the short term. Also, since Masai had approached DC about an extension, win at all costs job security wouldn't play any factor (not that the options DC had at his disposal would have taken any significant amount of playing time from the sophs anyway after the Gay trade)
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                          It seems like there was an order from above.

But it seems like it's not so much that he was mandated to play them more, but that he was told that the goal of this year was to develop young players.

So he's saying if developing those players didn't matter at all, he'd have rather played them less. But this wasn't the case, and very rarely is unless you're a contender or the Bucks.

Now, either way. At least he played them a reasonable amount, and at least he's listening to advice.
                          I still think he should have played them both more. Both guys were starters who averaged less than 30 minutes (JV 28 min, Ross 27 min), with only absolute scrubs coming off the bench behind them. I'm sorry, but that makes zero fucking sense to me.

Demar was averaging 35 minutes per game in his second year and Ross and JV should have been getting that many minutes this year. If Casey pulls this bullshit again next year when Ross and JV are in year 3 (take the fucking training wheels off) then I'll quickly be back in the forums calling for his head.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            I still think he should have played them both more. Both guys were starters who averaged less than 30 minutes (JV 28 min, Ross 27 min), with only absolute scrubs coming off the bench behind them. I'm sorry, but that makes zero fucking sense to me.

Demar was averaging 35 minutes per game in his second year and Ross and JV should have been getting that many minutes this year. If Casey pulls this bullshit again next year when Ross and JV are in year 3 (take the fucking training wheels off) then I'll quickly be back in the forums calling for his head.
                            Yea! You better show Casey you mean business!
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                              Yea! You better show Casey you mean business!
                              Haha, not show Casey himself, just show all of his supporters on the forums. I'm behind Casey for now, but fair warning, I will turn on him in a heartbeat (Game of Thrones style) if he doesn't play JV, Ross, and the 2014 1st round pick.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Well you just completely ignored the very long, thoughtful and reasonable post that I made on the last page regarding accountability and playing time.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X