X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow NBA Rookies Almost Give Davis A Big Goose Egg

No. 1 pick Wall earns respect from other rookies in survey

Posted Sep 18 2010 11:22AM

With training camps set to open in a week, there's a new class of rookies ready to carry bags, buy donuts and make their mark on the NBA. You'll get to know this rookie class pretty well over the next seven months, but as a pre-camp preview, we're going to let the class tell you a little about itself.

At the annual Rookie Photo Shoot in August, NBA.com surveyed 40 rookies about the best in their group. Wizards point guard John Wall, the top pick in the Draft, is clearly at the top of the class, but he's not the only Kentucky guy, nor the only one with a chance to win Rookie of the Year.

Note that players were not allowed to vote for themselves, their NBA teammates or their college teammates. So, six of the 40 rookies were unable to vote for Wall (and they can blame the University of Florida class of 2007 for the rule), and the Clippers' Eric Bledsoe wasn't able to vote for any of the top three guys on the first question
    Here are the list of questions asked the rookies
    ---------------------------------------------
    1. Who will be the 2010-11 Rookie of the Year?
    2. Which rookie will have the best career?
    3. Which rookie is being most overlooked?
    4. Which rookie is the most athletic?
    5. Which rookie is the best shooter?
    6. Which rookie is the best defender?
    Others receiving votes: Ed Davis (TOR),
    This was the only place that he got mentioned in the survey by his fellow rookies.
    7. Which rookie is the best playmaker?
    8. Which rookie is the funniest?

To see whom the rookies voted for go to link.

Rookies poll themselves
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

yah.... i saw this article yesturday and well -_- doesnt exactely show his fellow draftees think of him that highly... couldnt even get somethin for most overlooked. Then again...... the damn survey has a funniest section, rly? Lets juss not take this too seriously and hope he shows some good game when he gets on court during the season and show everyone he isnt some nobody... if not that... we got another draft to look forward to anyways

Comment

For fun

1. Who will be the 2010-11 Rookie of the Year? Blake Griffin
      2. Which rookie will have the best career? Blake Griffin
      3. Which rookie is being most overlooked? Luke Harangody
      4. Which rookie is the most athletic? John Wall
      5. Which rookie is the best shooter? Jordan Crawford
      6. Which rookie is the best defender? Hassan Whiteside
      7. Which rookie is the best playmaker? John Wall
      8. Which rookie is the funniest? Luke Harangody, just cause of his jumper.

Comment

This makes sense to me, that's the only question where Davis' name could logically come up. Maybe that and "Which rookie is being most overlooked?", but not being mentioned there is almost a compliment.

Comment

No Chris Bosh under favourite players.

And I think Davis' low key personality probably has something to do with lack of votes, as well as not really playing much last season.
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

All of these kids watch ESPN probably a bit too much

That probably accounts for a lot of it along with Davis being injured at NC.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Who the heck votes for Renaldo Balkman as their favourite player? Lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                haha. i was thinking the same thing.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  He's probably one of the draftee's cousin's

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    This makes sense to me, that's the only question where Davis' name could logically come up. Maybe that and "Which rookie is being most overlooked?", but not being mentioned there is almost a compliment.
                    This.

The reason why Davis' name doesn't come up is because the players are simply answering the questions posed.

1. Who will be the 2010-11 Rookie of the Year? Not Davis
                    2. Which rookie will have the best career? Not Davis
                    3. Which rookie is being most overlooked? Not Davis
                    4. Which rookie is the most athletic? Not Davis
                    5. Which rookie is the best shooter? Not Davis
                    6. Which rookie is the best defender? Maybe Davis (and hence the vote)
                    7. Which rookie is the best playmaker? Not Davis

Why would any player have any reason (unless they don't know how the game of basketball works) vote Davis for any of the above questions? Its simply common sense, not "watching too much espn."

Comment

Working...
                    X