No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But isn't that partly out of necessity? Would other teams have played Sacre a bit in his first half season, and then cut him in favour of any semi-useful veteran? A team like with LA's salary structure had no choice but to play those second-rounders until they turned into something. I also wonder if a team like LA is going in with a different strategy, thinking, "we just need to find a guy who's definitely going to be a semi-useful bench player", and not thinking about finding the diamond in the rough that's going to turn into a star. Where as some teams are using second-rounders to go after probable-bust-but-maybe-high-ceiling guys, because if they draft a bust, they have the salary flexibility to replace him with another player.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      But isn't that partly out of necessity? Would other teams have played Sacre a bit in his first half season, and then cut him in favour of any semi-useful veteran?
      Not smart teams... You spend alot less and get a rotation player
      @Boymusic66

Comment

• It Won't be Andrew Wiggins. But Could Raptors Land Another Burgeoning Canadian Star?

If Ujiri covets the 19-year-old Ennis, and if Ennis comes out, it's going to take an awful lot of investigating to figure out where in the draft he's likely to go. Ujiri might have to try to move up to get him. Then again, he might be able to trade down.

For the Raptors, and for Canada, this is going to be quite a draft to watch in June.
        http://www.thestar.com/sports/the_sp...medium=twitter

Comment

• If we got Tyler Ennis, I'd have the feels for weeks
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            If we got Tyler Ennis, I'd have the feels for weeks
            It's a PR man's dream
            @Boymusic66

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
              It's a PR man's dream
              It's my dream.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Looks like Lavine is losing some buzz. Just checked Draft Express and he's down to the 2nd round. Should he still come out?

Comment

• I think our best current option would be to go for Montrezl Harrell.

Comment

• RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
                    I think our best current option would be to go for Montrezl Harrell.
                    Hes a 6'8 energy guy with crazy athleticism why would he be a good option? Hes undersized for PF and has no offense. His ceiling is Kenneth Faried
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      Looks like Lavine is losing some buzz. Just checked Draft Express and he's down to the 2nd round. Should he still come out?
                      He shouldnt come out but I hope he does so if he really does fall to the second round we can pick him with the Sac 2nd rounder
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Maybe Noah Vonleh could slide down to the twenties for absolutely no logical reason then. Starting to like him more than some of his more hyped freshmen, that would be such a great fit at PF next to JV.
                        Meh, this draft is going to be too fascinating.

Comment

• DraftExpress has guys like Lavine and Jahii Carson falling towards our second round Kings pick... make it happen Masai.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Adams and Anderson suspended by UCLA last night.

They lost 87-83 in 2OT

LaVine shows a little more what he can do:
                            18 points on 7/17 shooting (1/5 from 3, 3/3 from ft)
                            8 Rebs
                            5 sat
                            1 stl
                            0 TO

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                              Hes a 6'8 energy guy with crazy athleticism why would he be a good option? Hes undersized for PF and has no offense. His ceiling is Kenneth Faried
                              I'd say Faried is his 'likely outcome', not his ceiling: he's got a superior jumper and face-up game to what Faried had as a sophmore, is already a more efficient scorer than any of Faried's college seasons, has a superior wingspan by as many as 4 inches, and likely will have better pre-draft verticals. Amongst PFs likely to be available when we draft, I think Capela has by far the greatest ceiling, then Harrell, then Payne. And then they go in reverse order in terms of highest to lowest floor. (That's assuming Gordon and Vonleh are gone by the time we pick, which I think is a safe assumption). One of the toughest things the Raptors are going to need to decide is if they want the risk and potential of a high ceiling, low floor guy like Capela; the safety of a high floor, low ceiling guy like Payne (his health conditions really concern me in terms of his potential as a starter); or someone in the middle like Harrell.

Not that the Raptors should lock in on PF. But it's very possible that one of those three PFs are BPA when the Raptors pick.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Adams and Anderson suspended by UCLA last night.

They lost 87-83 in 2OT

LaVine shows a little more what he can do:
                                18 points on 7/17 shooting (1/5 from 3, 3/3 from ft)
                                8 Rebs
                                5 sat
                                1 stl
                                0 TO
                                That's pretty inefficient isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X