Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the fans that say, "Why didn't BC get him!" ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the fans that say, "Why didn't BC get him!" ....

...... because it isn't that easy.

It never ceases to amaze me the simplicity and idiocy of the opinion that Colangelo (or any GM) should just go get player X.

By the time the day ended, Batum says, 16 teams had called his agent, Bouna Ndiaye, to express interest. Minnesota, New Orleans, Toronto and Cleveland were most aggressive. And despite what you might think, Minnesota did not offer the most money. A source with knowledge of Batum's free agency says Cleveland offered a whopping $52 million.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...um_the_ga.html

Thought it was worth mentioning.

Matt52 wrote: View Post

It never ceases to amaze me the simplicity and idiocy of the opinion that Colangelo (or any GM) should just go get player X.

A BIG +1.

Let's face it, if it was that easy then at least four Raptors Republic citizens would be GM's. And no...I am not naming names.

Comment

BC is weak. He should have had Wayne Gretzky on this one.

Comment

I don't think he's worth 45mill over 4 years...that's a huge gamble.

Comment

I wish Nicolas Batum had signed with the Cavaliers. The Cavs really need a wing to space out the floor.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
            I wish Nicolas Batum had signed with the Cavaliers. The Cavs really need a wing to space out the floor.
            Wtf... do you want us to make the playoffs or no?

Comment

This is also different from Batum in that he was already a RFA. Harden has one year to go but can be signed to an extension (probably max) before Oct 31. As it turned out Minnesota who made the offer which Batum accepted did not get him...Portland matched. As Matt said it is difficult to get the really good players and in Harden's case the Rockets gave up quite a bit. Maybe BC did make an offer which did not make the grade with OKC. The Rockets had a lot of assets piled up.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                A BIG +1.

Let's face it, if it was that easy then at least four Raptors Republic citizens would be GM's. And no...I am not naming names.
                tenforthewin right? you mean tenforthewin but i'm not sure on the other 3

Comment

someone else said it first but i like how the trade came out of no where. better than the rumour mill deals that pass a lot. if i am a rickets fan i am excited and nervous for this year. untested lin at point, untested main option at the 2, rookie at the 3, rookie at the 4 and untested asik starting 5.

i like t.jones.

do you think they tried to send over royce and his headache?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Wtf... do you want us to make the playoffs or no?
                    I have always been open I am a Raptors and Cavaliers fan.

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    do you think they tried to send over royce and his headache?
                    I suspect no as Houston are acquiring a lot of uncertainties and you cannot get more uncertain than Royce.

Comment

We got spared having to hear Batooooooooooooooooom every time he scored, so we should all be very very very thankful.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

+1

It's sad that this needs to be explained to some.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                          I have always been open I am a Raptors and Cavaliers fan.
                          I have always been curious about such sentiment....much like having two girlfriends and the occasional menage a trois when both teams win on the same night.

Could you elaborate and what if they met in the playoffs...you'd have to choose wouldn't you? or become certfiable.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            I have always been curious about such sentiment....much like having two girlfriends and the occasional menage a trois when both teams win on the same night.

Could you elaborate and what if they met in the playoffs...you'd have to choose wouldn't you? or become certfiable.
                            It's not an issue because both of his girlfriends are ugly, in different area codes, and the chances of them meeting in the playoffs are outstandingly low.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

Matt does not like it when I refer to dog collars and girlfriends anymore so I will not elaborate on that subject. All I will say is there are advantages in marrying an ex communard.

I will be very happy if the Raptors and Cavaliers meet in the playoff. I would cheer for both teams and would not be upset regardless of the outcome. I might prefer Team 1 wins over Team 2 if Team 2 has already won a championship but we're not there yet, not even close. I have yet to lose sleep over the result of a particular, but then again I have yet to see the Leafs playing in a cup finals.

Comment

Working...
                              X