Are NBA players woosies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are NBA players woosies?

you know the saying your a woos and a pussy and that makes you a woosy or something like that.

Well, sometimes it seems some NBA players don't live by that rule. now, sometimes they are badly injured and you can get severe injuries playing this game. But, with nhl players seemingly get their teeth knocked out, go in for like root canal and come back out and play and NFL players taking serious knocks and playing the next game.

It seems as though NBA players may be soft, to possibly even further strengthen my point, how many times have we seen Steve Nash take a serious spill or lickin' and come back and play the next game. Then, you hear about things like Stephen Curry sitting out his 7th! straight game with an "ankle injury". Now, maybe it's due to further complications or lack of specifics or maybe it can be attributed to everyone having different levels of dedication.

However, I question whther some of these guys are just milking it due to them being on a bad team or laziness (sometimes it's a personal/family issue) or whther they are just being babies about it and should drag their ass onto the court and play through these seemingly "minor" injuries.

I mean, I understand one or two games. but, once it get's close to ten these thoughts enter your brain.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

is that what bargnani is doing?

Comment

Steph Curry has his entire career to think about and I think his injury is quite serious. If he could shake it off easily I'm sure he would do that. It is difficult for me to believe Steph would feign injury and collect another easy paycheck when he is young and has not won anything. You just have to look at how many big men have lost their careers to knee injuries to see why NBA players are more cautious about even minor injuries.

Comment

....I would like to add that NBA players wear short pants .....

and a lot of players actually have their moms cheering court side for them.......

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
          Steph Curry has his entire career to think about and I think his injury is quite serious. If he could shake it off easily I'm sure he would do that. It is difficult for me to believe Steph would feign injury and collect another easy paycheck when he is young and has not won anything. You just have to look at how many big men have lost their careers to knee injuries to see why NBA players are more cautious about even minor injuries.
          Not to mention it is the same ankle which he had surgery on this summer.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            ....I would like to add that NBA players wear short pants .....

and a lot of players actually have their moms cheering court side for them.......
            Very valid points.

Don't forget whenever there is an NBA 'fight' it is usually a 'slap-a-thon' or a punch and run - right Carmelo? Pussy.

Comment

Something can be said about a lot of sports 'stars' these days. Back in my day there were WAYYYYY less 'injuries' and crap. Hell, when I played football in university I played the finals with 6 cracked ribs (although stupid makes a point) and played basketball with my left hand shooting and dribbling (as a PG) when I broke my right hand. Now it seems a player sits if he scratches his pinky wif a wittle paper cut.

We need Dick Butkus to come out and clothesline these wussies like he did the fan who ran out onto the field during a game.

Comment

Let's not forget the roles of team doctors, who may be more cautious than years past. It's rare to see players miss games once they're medically "cleared to play".

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Don't forget whenever there is an NBA 'fight' it is usually a 'slap-a-thon' or a punch and run - right Carmelo? Pussy.
                  i dont have access to youtube right now... but if i did, this would be the perfect time to post "Friday Night Sissy Fights" from the Chapelle Show

Comment

Any of you guys ever heard of Kobe Bryant?

Comment

Yes he is an exception. There are a few exemplified by Kobe. There are a hell of a lot more on the other side though.

Comment

its not basketball players... people in general are wussies..

when i grew up, a PBJ sandwich was standard lunch food..

nowadays half the kids are allergic to PEANUTS

i'm sorry... but if something we've been eating on a regular basis for generations can kill you... you're clearly 2 or 3 levels down on the evolutionary totem pole than me....

and dont get me started on lactose intolerancy.... a little titty milk never hurt nobody.

Comment

Is this where all the bullies hangout?

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post

i'm sorry... but if something we've been eating on a regular basis for generations can kill you... you're clearly 2 or 3 levels down on the evolutionary totem pole than me....

and dont get me started on lactose intolerancy.... a little titty milk never hurt nobody.
                            I think the lack of ability to digest milk or the rampant allergies to peanuts etc must be linked to concussions because they sure have increased over the same decades...

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post

ha, i remember I had moved and started a different grade school and it was lunch just about to eat my pbj sandwich and the teacher comes over and is like is tha pbj, that guy's allergic, you're going to have to eat in another room and if I wasn't in grade 3 "I would have been like i'm at the right front corner and he's at the back left. I doubt he's going to even notice, never mind die."

So, there I enter this other room and my sister is there to because she has a pbh sandwich. From that point on I always went home for lunch because I would have gone ape shit if I had to sit in a secluded room again and I wasn't about to give up PBJ.

Then, high school came around and nobody gave two shits. Which i thought was incredible.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X