Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC: 128 Jon "Bones" Jones or Mauricio "Shogun" Rua? Who is the next LHW Champion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    money aside, GSP - Sliva makes a ton more sense.. those two have literally OWNED their respective divisions... besides a couple minor footnotes (gsp losing to serra, and silva getting dominated by sonnen before the hail mary submission), they're the best fighters their divisions have EVER seen and their legacies are still going simultaneously..

jones just doesnt have the pedigree yet... you don't superfight or catchweight unless it really means something, or you're really desperate... at this point, neither applies to jones

by the time jones does have the credentials to warrant a superfight, i think there's an even BETTER matchup for him to be made than silva..

jon jones vs cain velasquez..

that would be epic.
    Can't agree with you anymore. But that all those superfights would be epic.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

jones just isnt ready... he needs to run amuck in his division for awhile, get his name a little higher on the pound for pound rankings... then superfight talks can happen..

velasquez makes sense... they got their belts at close to the same time... so equal time defending their belts.. and jones is a MASSIVE LHW... cain is an undersized HW

both are dynamic strikers with serious wrestling chops... jones is unorthodox, and cain is one of the most technical fighters in the upper weight classes... and both have gas tanks that could probably go for 20 rounds

Comment

Rampage gonna smoke Bones. He'll roll dem Bones and smoke them. Bones never been hit with a bomb hook to the chin, he needs a good loss in order to evolve. Happened to GSP early on, and now look at him, he's invincible.

Bones needs to be humbled.

I think if Shogun wasn't coming off injury he would 've smoke Bones. Bones pretty much cheated.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
          Rampage gonna smoke Bones. He'll roll dem Bones and smoke them. Bones never been hit with a bomb hook to the chin, he needs a good loss in order to evolve. Happened to GSP early on, and now look at him, he's invincible.

Bones needs to be humbled.

I think if Shogun wasn't coming off injury he would 've smoke Bones. Bones pretty much cheated.
          I dunno what you and Rampage have been smoking, but Bones is the real deal , and his Muay Thai almost world class, wrestling is on point. One dimensional fighters primarily strikers are gonna have trouble with Bones. Rampage is a haymaker type dude who will get taking down and ground and pound and its a wrap. BTW, everyone can make excuses for Shogun but he had 10 months to heal and train , and he and his camp claimed he was 100% coming in.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
            I dunno what you and Rampage have been smoking, but Bones is the real deal , and his Muay Thai almost world class, wrestling is on point. One dimensional fighters primarily strikers are gonna have trouble with Bones. Rampage is a haymaker type dude who will get taking down and ground and pound and its a wrap. BTW, everyone can make excuses for Shogun but he had 10 months to heal and train , and he and his camp claimed he was 100% coming in.
            Bones is the real deal, but he is going to lose, and soon. He will get caught up in the "I'm invincible hype" and get pwned, probably by some jabroni, just like Shogun got owned in Pride, and Machida by Shogun, etc etc.

He needs a good loss to harden him, all the Greg Jackson hypnosis in the world can't teach you how to overcome a loss, and thus, better your mental fortitude.

I like Bones, don't get me wrong, but I don't see this as a big victory. Like, Shogun was clearly out of shape and out of form, it was obvious just looking at him.

PS his Muay Thai is quality for sure, but I don't see Bones holding any high level belts in Muay Thai, BJJ , or any other martial arts discipline. He is a true MMA fighter, total hybrid, largely self taught initially. This could burn him against a BJJ ace, or champion level Muay Thai fighter.

Personally i'd like to see Mousasi against Bones. Mousasi is patient and calculated, knows when to pick his punches.

Comment

rampage has a lethal inside striking game.... BUT, that ish is dependant on his clinch... getting a good clinch on a guy faster than you with octopus like arms who can throw knees right up the middle faster than anybody not named jose aldo..... i dunno about rampage's chances

Comment

rampage has a lethal inside striking game.... BUT, that ish is dependant on his clinch... getting a good clinch on a guy faster than you with octopus like arms who can throw knees right up the middle faster than anybody not named jose aldo..... i dunno about rampage's chances
                Bones' reach in unbelieveable, probably only comparable length is Skyscraper Struve...big talent gap there tho!

Comment

Funny dude Phil Davis, next prospect in LHW division. He messing with an oblivious fan who thinks hes Jon Jones.

The black Bruce Lee
                  Last edited by e2thed; Tue Mar 22, 2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

He's fightin Sat night vs Noggy, should be good

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      He's fightin Sat night vs Noggy, should be good
                      Its Phil's breaking out party, from prospect to contender. He wins by 1st round submission.

Comment

loved phil davis from the first time i saw him fight.. kid is a monster... and his physique is just plain scary

he's not in contendership yet.. still has some growing to do... but if jones-davis fights arent the new-age "ortiz-shamrock" matchups, i dont know what will..

Comment

loved phil davis from the first time i saw him fight.. kid is a monster... and his physique is just plain scary

he's not in contendership yet.. still has some growing to do... but if jones-davis fights arent the new-age "ortiz-shamrock" matchups, i dont know what will..
                          Like the great Rampage Jackson said ,"Its gon be some mo black on black crime!", hey man you never know , if this upcoming fight is exciting (which I'm sure it will be), Dana will give him tough competition, he now knows that he has to show proof that his undefeated fighters are best in the world, and Phil will be a top 10 LHW and I predict a fight with Bader or if he really looks good maybe he can get Thiago Silva.
                          Last edited by e2thed; Tue Mar 22, 2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Should be a damn good show this weekend event though it's just a fight night card

Nog and Davis
                            Hardy vs Johnson
                            Garcia vs the Korean Zombie

Bruce Leroy from the last season of tuf on the prelims

Comment

Should be a damn good show this weekend event though it's just a fight night card

Nog and Davis
                              Hardy vs Johnson
                              Garcia vs the Korean Zombie

Bruce Leroy from the last season of tuf on the prelims
                              Probably the best Fight Night so far, I got money on Johnson TKO, Davis submission

Comment

im really looking forward to leonard garcia vs the korean zombie.. their first fight was an epic mess of wild striking... even though the judges inevitably screwed up and gave garcia the win.. but hey, if it wasnt for crappy judges, garcia would be be unemployed without them

i like to call this matchup:

Wacky Waving Arm-Flailing Inflatable Tube-man VS. Night of the Living Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X