Alabi's Development is in Colangelo's Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabi's Development is in Colangelo's Hands

It was interesting to watch Bryan Colangelo introduce Alabi and Davis. Personally I think he sounded nervous. Maybe there's no ace up his sleeve, just saying.

One thing that really stood out to me was listening to Alabi. He sounded really poised and even though his English wasn't too polished, he expressed himself well. Seemed very mature. It was great to hear him gush about Hakeem and it got me thinking, why isn't Colangelo offering Olajuwon anything under the sun to coach Alabi. Is this not an obvious fit?

They're both Nigerian, both speak the same language, both are exceptionally tall, lean big men...the similarities go on and on. Why not bring Hakeem in if for nothing else just to make the kid feel comfortable. There's no way Alabi wouldn't respond to Hakeem's coaching considering the amount of respect he has for him and especially if all the things he's saying about working hard are true.

I would leave to see Solomon dream shaking in Toronto for years.

Good idea it would be great to bring him and help the rooks in their development last thing i have heard about Olajuwan was him helping Kobe last summer with his post up game and by looking at this year it helped! Also Bargs could probably use some help too with some low post moves as well .
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

sunndog wrote: View Post
      It was interesting to watch Bryan Colangelo introduce Alabi and Davis. Personally I think he sounded nervous. Maybe there's no ace up his sleeve, just saying.

ACE ?? He does not even have a pair of 5s in his hand. People are laughing around the league at this guy for giving 35 million to Amir. Look at the comments under this link:

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5347403

He is not able to trade Hedo because other GMs know that he has lost it and they have no respect for him.

He has to sell the YOUNG GUNZ to the fan and media here while he knows they are going to be destroyed. He is at the end of his run as a GM and is selling a product that he does not even believe in it.

Comment

Good suggestion. I've been thinking about adding a successful big on the coaching staff for sometime for Bargnani, But now there's even more reason to since we have more young big men prospects (Amir, Davis, Alabi).

It's helped in the development of other young big men in the league (Bynum and Kareem, Dwight and Ewing) and we have brought in other coaches for specific needs in the past (shooting coaches, etc.).

However, we did just add an assistant to the staff and I doubt we will add another. But it would be a step in the right direction and would show that the organization is committed to developing our prospects.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
          ACE ?? He does not even have a pair of 5s in his hand. People are laughing around the league at this guy for giving 35 million to Amir. Look at the comments under this link:

He is not able to trade Hedo because other GMs know that he has lost it and they have no respect for him.

He has to sell the YOUNG GUNZ to the fan and media here while he knows they are going to be destroyed. He is at the end of his run as a GM and is selling a product that he does not even believe in it.
          Do you keep repeating this mantra in the hopes that if you do it enough, people will start believing it is true?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

regardless of how alabi turns out im just happy we have someone of his character in our locker room considering last year it didnt seem like nobody was on the same page.......his work ethic and demeanor should rub off well on all the youngings we have in our line-up

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
              regardless of how alabi turns out im just happy we have someone of his character in our locker room considering last year it didnt seem like nobody was on the same page.......his work ethic and demeanor should rub off well on all the youngings we have in our line-up
              And his work ethic will only look to improve his overall game as well.

Comment

While it would be great to bring in someone like Hakeem to help him along what he is going to need are minutes, I'd say at least 15 a game give or take and a good nutrition and workout plan to add a bit of weight. You give him those things consistently and he may just develop into a good center, maybe even a starter in five years.

ACE ?? He does not even have a pair of 5s in his hand.

A pair of fives is better than an ace...just saying...
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Omg look guys! Comments from NBA fans more clueless than Raptors fans because they've probably watched maybe 1-2 games of us last season! Clearly their opinions, thoughts, and statements directly effect Colangelo's reputation around the league! What a grand world we live in these days, eh?

Comment

You can put the heat on Colangelo, but it is really up to Alibi and Triano. If Triano keeps Alibi on the bench, it is up to Alibi to be a great teammate and stay ready for the injury stretch of our rotation people. If Alibi shows evidence to be an All-Star and Triano benches him still, we throw flaming bags of dogs$%# to Triano's house.

Comment

LOLOLZ UR LEGIT BRAH! S0 TR00000!

...moron, B.C. has not touched the "young gunz" at all. You know who has? The Young Gunz, they are the ones on their twitters and youtube pages promoting themselves! I won't argue that other bloggers, journalists have said we slightly overpaid amir. We have not gone to great lengths to try and over pay people like Amir Johnson or Stoudemire (maybe getting a max deal today?) The point is we slightly over paid him, but he has great potential now that he is not playing behind someone.

The raps are just finally starting with B.C. as their GM he can shape the team how he wants, and he will get a contract extention unless he walks on his own terms to another team.

Comment

You posted a link to 500+ uneducated fan comments. Congratulations, your "people around the league" are morons.Pretty sure Doug Smith in his blog quoted a "source" as saying Amir was generating a lot of interest in this free agency period.

Going back to the first sentence, I guess we can pretty much say the same thing about your post.

Comment

I really didnt care how much Amir's contract was worth, the fact that there were other teams plus Gooden's contract probably made his contract go up significantly, who knows we weren't there so the American media would naturally bash us but I see it as a good move. As for Alabi so far I really like this guy, he has been here for a week and apparently in the gym everyday so far, if he keeps working like that his development might not take as long as Davis or Bargnani so this was a steal for sure if it works out well.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Do you keep repeating this mantra in the hopes that if you do it enough, people will start believing it is true?
                            No Since it is True
                            BC is nervous as Hell these days sine he has lost all his creditability in the league, BabCock 2.0.

People are comparing Amir's signing to Darius Mill and JYD around the league and laughing at our team.

BC is trying to sell the YOUNG GUNZ , as his last resource hoping to keep people excited about this team this year.

His next move will be a 35 million , 5 year deal for Weems

This team as it is now, will win maximum 15 game this season and our stud PF Amir, will pay 20 minutes ( due to FOUL troubles) and will average 8 point and 6 rebound

Comment

The Raps are one of the few teams lacking a specific big man coach. There was talk Davis was initially weary of Toronto for this reason. While we clearly have a solid, deep coaching staff, adding someone of Hakeems ilk would be a massive boon to the development of Alabi, Davis, and Bargs. However, I dont see him coming up to Toronto unless we really make it worth his while.

Comment

Working...
                              X