End of Season press-con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Season press-con

For me, this is one of the highlights of a lost season. I get to hear how the players think they performed, what theyre looking forward to for the next season, and we get to hear BC BS his way through another lost season and towards a "promising" coming season!

What do you expect to hear?

- BC blaming trades/changes for failed season
    - BC promising next year will be playoffs for sure
    - DC point out injuries, trades, rookies in rotation as possible reasons for failed season
    - DC praising Amir, Gay, DD for hardwork

What do you want to hear?

- BC addressing Bargnani issue, and possible roster improvements
    - DC ackknowledging JV and Ross and will focus on getting these guys to the next level come next season
    - DC will let Lowry play his natural game

1. Injuries and roster changes caused the season to fall short of expectations, though there are several reasons for optimism.

2. Rudy Gay trade changed the course of the franchise and the Gay/DeRozan pairing is dynamic.

3. Valanciunas and Ross look like the real deal.

4. Some changes are coming, starting very likely with the change-of-scenery for Bargnani that was first discussed in the wake of the Rudy Gay trade; we're always on the lookout for opportunites to improve our team and field lots of calls from other teams.

5. We're really happy with our young core and see a much brighter future ahead for this franchise, starting with next season, where reaching the playoffs will be our goal.

Typical BC.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      1. Injuries and roster changes caused the season to fall short of expectations, though there are several reasons for optimism.

2. Rudy Gay trade changed the course of the franchise and the Gay/DeRozan pairing is dynamic.

3. Valanciunas and Ross look like the real deal.

4. Some changes are coming, starting very likely with the change-of-scenery for Bargnani that was first discussed in the wake of the Rudy Gay trade; we're always on the lookout for opportunites to improve our team and field lots of calls from other teams.

5. We're really happy with our young core and see a much brighter future ahead for this franchise, starting with next season, where reaching the playoffs will be our goal.

Typical BC.
      I can hear the bullcrap already....

Some thoughts...

-On the Gay trade he'll also say something like "not only changed to course of the franchise, but has given the franchise a chance to build short- and long-term success(applying for an extension through the media)". This year they did "accelerate the rebuild and it came with some growing pains(he may even say underperformance, something to say the talent is better than it produced this year), but the rebuild is now done, and next year we expect a competitive team with higher expectations" (vague reference to the fact that generally that means playoffs, but if they fall just short, he can say they were competitive until the end....lets go 40 wins and the 9th spot!).

-I wonder how many times he'll use the word dynamic....I'm guessing 6.

Comment

The only thing that would satisfy me is if someone else steps out onto the podium to announce that Bryan Colangelo has been fired.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Maybe if we find a clip of last year's end-of-year conference, we'll be able to find out what he'll say this year!
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            -I wonder how many times he'll use the word dynamic....I'm guessing 6.
            A drinking game around BC's usage of the words "dynamic" and "optimistic" would very likely lead to heavy intoxication! lol

Comment

add athleticism and flexibility to the drinking game and we will all be puking by about 6 minutes in
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                A drinking game around BC's usage of the words "dynamic" and "optimistic" would very likely lead to heavy intoxication! lol
                thead wrote: View Post
                add athleticism and flexibility to the drinking game and we will all be puking by about 6 minutes in
                Is this starting to sound like a really good idea to anybody else?

Comment

thank god this season is over
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Is this starting to sound like a really good idea to anybody else?
                    I suggest a Raptors Republic meet up downtown somewhere.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I suggest a Raptors Republic meet up downtown somewhere.
                      Like. Dont bring that ankle tho. We all might start puking even before the drinks are served.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                        Like. Dont bring that ankle tho. We all might start puking even before the drinks are served.
                        I fully intend to severely sprain my ankle just prior to the meetup then drink the pain away

Comment

I fully intend to severely sprain my ankle just prior to the meetup then drink the pain away
                          hahahaha

Comment

What a suit.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

What a suit.
                              You know that is last year?

Comment

Working...
                              X