X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some things here.

8-time all-star appearances.
    NBA Champion (likely more).
    Legitimate 20+ points, 10+ rebounds type player.
    Major contributor to Miami Heat's series win in 2012 vs. OKC.

Pretty great accomplishments for a '3rd wheel' player if you ask me. Bosh is as big to this team NOW as Wade is as big to the Heat.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Pretty great accomplishments for a '3rd wheel' player if you ask me. Bosh is as big to this team NOW as Wade is as big to the Heat.
      bigger. lebron can do it with any shooting guard who can score 20 but boshs' skill set is what opens it all up down low.

Comment

The stuff about 4 years ago is a bit arrogant because sometimes bad things happen.

But if you think about how good he has been and the level he was playing at 4 years ago, of course he could have said that (and had the right to do so). Personally I wouldn't have because you just never know due to unforeseen injuries, but at his talent level YES, 4 years ago he was already on his way to the HOF.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Even players like Magic, Larry and Jordan were never so arrogant and condescending when talking about their careers and the HOF - they were much more modest in their personal exploits in relation towards the hallowed hall.
          You have absolutely no way of knowing that guys like Magic, Larry or Jordan never said something similar, because the media scrutiny during their era was about 1/10th of what it is now. So don't state that as fact as if you can somehow back it up. You honestly can't see Jordan, one of the most arrogant players in league history, saying something similar?

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I don't care who said it, what teams he ever played for, or what he ever did on or off the court. I would be appalled at anybody who talked about himself and the HOF the way Bosh did.
          Then you care far more about some sort of pointless reverence for the HoF than you should. Does it honestly mean that much to you? Because it shouldn't.

Just for a little perspective, Mario Chalmers recently declared he was a top-10 point guard in the NBA, and not down at the bottom of the 10, somewhere in the middle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...9847--nba.html

Now that statement is clearly far more ridiculous than Bosh's, but a) nobody cares, and b) it's just considered the standard NBA bravado. But somehow because Bosh is talking about the HoF, his statement is 'appalling'? Would you feel the same way if Dwight, or Pau had said it? Would anyone care as much? I highly doubt it.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
            So much ridiculous hate from a spurned fan base.

Look, maybe because I've spent years working in reality TV post production I tend to look a bit beyond the actual quote itself, but you have to consider what the 'I was a lock 4 years ago' thing actually means. Does he really mean he thought that he'd get in if his career ended after 6 seasons? Of course not, that's fucking ridiculous. He's simply not that dumb, nobody is. What it means is that when he was talking with his friends about it 4 years ago, they came to the conclusion that if his career continued on it's path, he would be a lock. And he's right. This was before all the Miami stuff, when he was a consistent 20-9 type guy. Basically the only thing that could have kept him out would have been injuries or Toronto management constantly surrounding him with shitty players. Then he goes to Miami and sacrifices numbers for wins, which in terms of convincing hall of fame voters is basically a wash.

What's hilarious about Bosh is the completely insane double standard fans hold him to. Fans want players to be themselves, to be honest and connect with them, except when it's Chris Bosh. Fans (and especially pundits) want players to be confident and feel like they're unguardable, like they can take on anyone, except when it's Chris Bosh. Anybody else says this shit and it gets dismissed as 'he's just being confident, good for him'. But because it's Bosh, he gets hammered.

It's hilarious to me how much of a punching bag he's become, and frankly he's a cautionary tale from the earliest days of social media: fans will turn on you the second they get tired of you or you fail to live up to their ridiculous standards on or off the court.
            ya.... i can see how you look beyond the quote... because you completely misquoted him.

he didn't say he was a lock for the HOF... he said "I've been a Hall of Famer like four years ago."

if he said "i can see myself getting into the hall in the future"... or "i feel like i've laid down the groundwork for what will be seen as a hall of fame career"... i'd be totally cool with that... i'd almost agree with that, and i'm a notorious bosh hater.. look at my avatar

but that's NOT what he said. he proclaimed himself a hall of famer. four years ago, no less.

nobody's asking him to not be confident... i hate him, and i want him to be confident... i want EVERYBODY to be confident... there's nothing worse than a person who doesn't have faith in themselves..

except a person who spews self-aggrandizing arrogant proclamations.. i want those people to get punched in the fu$%ing face..

Comment

Holy Craptors wrote: View Post
              +1

Enter the Hall of Fame, and you walk into the Lobby of Very Good, where the walls are hung with photos of players like Maurice Stokes and Dennis Johnson.

Then walk down the Corridor of Quality, featuring Scottie Pippen, Joe Dumars, and others.

Finally you get to the Room of Awesome, where the real game-changers are; Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, etc.

When your visit is over, head back out to the Chris Bosh Parking Lot and drive home.
              Haha, well played.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                ya.... i can see how you look beyond the quote... because you completely misquoted him.

he didn't say he was a lock for the HOF... he said "I've been a Hall of Famer like four years ago."

if he said "i can see myself getting into the hall in the future"... or "i feel like i've laid down the groundwork for what will be seen as a hall of fame career"... i'd be totally cool with that... i'd almost agree with that, and i'm a notorious bosh hater.. look at my avatar

but that's NOT what he said. he proclaimed himself a hall of famer. four years ago, no less.
                Oh, I'm sorry. You must be one of those people that says exactly what they mean in completely unambiguous phrasing every time you open your mouth and expects everyone else to be held to the same standard. Weird that you type so disjointedly then.

Gimme a fucking break, my point still stands. Nobody gets into the Hall of Fame with 6 seasons under their belt, no matter how good they were, and I'm pretty sure the players know that. Use your brain.

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry. You must be one of those people that says exactly what they mean in completely unambiguous phrasing every time you open your mouth and expects everyone else to be held to the same standard. Weird that you type so disjointedly then.
                  haha. this wouldmake a great basis for a simpsons character

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    haha. this wouldmake a great basis for a simpsons character
                    I totally envisioned the Comic Book Store Guy there...

Comment

Gimme a fucking break, my point still stands. Nobody gets into the Hall of Fame with 6 seasons under their belt, no matter how good they were, and I'm pretty sure the players know that. Use your brain.
                      easy there, cupcake.

i actually agree with your second paragraph.

what i'm saying is he's a douche for saying what he actually said and not for what you interpreted that he meant.

it's like if a chick in my office came up to me and said "ya, i'm the hottest piece of ass in this place"... no matter how hot she actually was, i'd think she was a cu*t.

Comment

the miami air must be mixed with 95% pure columbian yayo.. first bosh with the hall of fame crap, now i just read Mario Chalmers thinks hes a top 10 PG LOL that is one ego driven team!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/chalmers-r...op-ten-of-pgs/

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          the miami air must be mixed with 95% pure columbian yayo.. first bosh with the hall of fame crap, now i just read Mario Chalmers thinks hes a top 10 PG LOL that is one ego driven team!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/chalmers-r...op-ten-of-pgs/
                          Its one thing to have confidence, but its another thing to be delusional.

Comment

On Bosh:

Is he going to the Hall? No doubt.
                            Does he deserve it? Undoubtedly No.

His 7 years with the Raptors statistically were heavily padded, considering he never played with a legit scorer, plus, he was assumed to be the franchise player which unfortunately for the Raptors, was more to his benefit rather than the team.

But of course, it would be unfair to him if only his miami days were to be considered for HOF consideration, so for sure he'll get in largely based on his time with the Raptors.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                              On Bosh:

Is he going to the Hall? No doubt.
                              Does he deserve it? Undoubtedly No.

His 7 years with the Raptors statistically were heavily padded, considering he never played with a legit scorer, plus, he was assumed to be the franchise player which unfortunately for the Raptors, was more to his benefit rather than the team.

But of course, it would be unfair to him if only his miami days were to be considered for HOF consideration, so for sure he'll get in largely based on his time with the Raptors.
                              i'm no bosh fan... never have been, never will be... didn't even think he was our best player in his tenure here

i see the merits of his HOF consideration... i may not totally agree with it, but i dont disagree enough to argue their validity

but i would totally take pleasure in seeing him not get in... because he's a cu*t

Comment

Althought I agree with your original post, i couldve advised you not to have posted this. youve made a good point but desperately defended it by spewing negativity in an obvious sign of surrender and desperation.

anyways, i totally agree. And i too am guilty from time to time, that feelings of hate towards bosh precede what he has really done in his career. my issue with bosh is his supreme confidence, but not arrogance, and i actually pity him now because the way his confidence was built up to this day was because of a fluke in toronto, when he was thrusted into becoming the franchise player when clearly, or let me say IMO, he is not. did he have the ability to do 20-10 any given night when he was in Toronto? Sure. Would he have done it if coaches and management did not allow him to handle the ball, set plays for him and make him the focal point of offense? Probably not.

Comment

Working...
                                X