Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final: Toronto Raptors 96 - Boston Celtics 103

Toronto Raptors @ Boston Celtics

16-17, 2nd Atlantic, (Road: 5-12) -- 23-8, 1st Atlantic, (Home: 10-4)

WHEN: Sat., Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:30 pm ET
    WHERE: TD Garden
    TV/Radio: TSN2, TSN2 HD, FAN590 Radio

TORONTO RAPTORS
    (click on logo for team stats)

Starters

(L to R): Jack, DeRozan, Wright, Bosh, Bargnani

Bench

(L to R): Belinelli, Weems, Banks, Johnson, Nestrovic, Mensah-Bonsu

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R): Evans, O'Bryant, Calderon, Turkoglu

BOSTON CELTICS
    (click on logo for team stats)

Starters

(L to R): Giddens, R. Allen, T. Allen, Wallace, Perkins

Bench

(L to R): House, Scalabrine, Daniels, Williams, Hudson, Walker

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R): Davis, Rondo, Pierce, Garnett

Who's Hot

TORONTO RAPTORS

Andrea: 21.7 PPG IN LAST 3 GP / Bosh: 23.8 PPG IN LAST 4 GP

BOSTON CELTICS

R. Allen: 18.8 PPG IN LAST 6 GP / T. Allen: 11 PPG IN LAST 4 GP

Key Match-ups

Rasheed Wallace vs. Chris Bosh

Ray Allen vs. DeMar DeRozan

GAME PREVIEWS

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

Prediction

This game is far from being a "gimme", but I'll be pretty disappointed if we can take advantage of the injury depleted Celtics or as Arsenalist likes to refer to they as ... the C**tics.

BTW, I haven't heard an update regarding Hedo yet so I still have him in the starting five and if his status changes I'll edit the line-up.

Forget it, I just read that Hedo is out today after all.

The Raptors are beaten up, too.

Hedo Turkoglu (knee) and Jose Calderon (hip) won't be available against the Celtics, forcing coach Jay Triano to alter his rotations.

Toronto has been getting by with Jarrett Jack and Marcus Banks handling point guard duties, but Antoine Wright, who lost his minutes to the more athletic Sonny Weems when Toronto began its recent hot streak, will get an emergency start in place of Turkoglu.
    Source - Click here

Comment

Tony Allen looks a LOT like Paul Pierce in the Who's Hot section.

Comment

This is ours to lose and by saying that I mean we are gonna lose tonight. Ray Allen is going to go off for 40
        Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
          This is ours to lose and by saying that I mean we are gonna lose tonight. Ray Allen is going to go off for 40
          Gurk, since when did you become so pessimistic? That's my job.

Anyhow, continue predicting losses because lately you've been wrong everytime.

Comment

DAGman27 wrote: View Post
            Tony Allen looks a LOT like Paul Pierce in the Who's Hot section.
            Damn RR Editors! Someone's getting fired for that mistake today.

Comment

If JR Giddens gets 30+ minutes ... he'll out-rebound Bargnani.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

I'm looking forward to this game. It looks like a fairly even matchup now that Hedo Turkoglu is out.

Perimeter Players

Raptors perimeter players -- Jarrett Jack + DeMar DeRozan + Antoine Wright + Sonny Weems + Marco Belinelli + Marcus Banks
                Celtics perimeter players -- Tony Allen + Ray Allen + JR Giddens + Eddie House + Walker/Scalabrine/Hudson

That looks fairly even to me. Both teams are very weak on the wings. The only good player is Ray Allen. Jarrett Jack is the best point guard on either team. Tony Allen is a big variable that could swing either way.

Big Men

Raptors -- Chris Bosh + Andrea Bargnani + Amir Johnson + maybe Rasho
                Celtics -- Kendrick Perkins + Rasheed Wallace + Glen Davis + Shelden Williams + Brian Scalabrine

The Raps have a big advantage with Chris Bosh but the Celtics are deeper.

Overall

The Celtics look like a solid defensive team + a poor-to-very poor offensive team. The Raptors look like a good offensive team but a very poor defensive team. Close. Surprisingly so.

Hedo Turkoglu

It's a shame Hedo is out because the Celtics have nobody that can guard him with Paul Pierce + Marquis Daniels out injured. Hedo's playmaking would have made this an easy win for the Raptors.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

This should be a good one. Both teams will be missing multiple key players. IMO the Dinos should be able to pull out a W. The Dinos still need to worry about and contain Jesus Shuttlesworth though. That guy can still go off for 30 or 40, especially since he will be the only primary offensive threat on the team. What's Daniels' status for tonight? Is he still injured?

Time for the Dinos to rip apart the C**TICS!

LET'S GO RAPTORS! SHOW NO MERCY!

Comment

Well the raptors fucked up this one . Hopefully they can regroup 2morrow

Comment

Comment

Is it me, Chris Bosh in the interview doesn't care that we lose this match? no emotion in him? and his favorite word is "composure"...lol

Comment

Well, it wasn't 40 for Allen but he did lead the injury ravaged Celtics over the sad, sad Raptors.

Moral of the story: Never doubt Gurk and his predictions.

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
                            Is it me, Chris Bosh in the interview doesn't care that we lose this match? no emotion in him? and his favorite word is "composure"...lol
                            Maybe its just me, but if there's a team you want to be pissed off losing too right now, its the Boston Celtics with 3 of their all-stars sitting out.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Well, it wasn't 40 for Allen but he did lead the injury ravaged Celtics over the sad, sad Raptors.

Moral of the story: Never doubt Gurk and his predictions.
                              Well obviously. I should start getting pro-line

Comment

Working...
                              X