Which Bigs to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Why would you do that deal if you're the Warriors? I'm curious because if I'm the Warrior GM I can't seem to fathom how I can sell the idea of giving up the best player in the trade, along with a 1st rounder and a solid center for a flawed big man who can't play defense and a prospect who may go either way. The Warrior are one of the most horrible defensive teams in the league and instead of dealing with that they trade their franchise player for one of the worst defensive centers in the league?... Along with a lotto pick in a big man heavy draft?
    In their defense, though, they did finally fire Don Nelson, so they did do something right.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Hahah, you're awesome man.

how bout this, I don't like Demar or Amir ...so lets put them together, and trade for Kobe. We can throw in Dorsey and Reg on a sign and trade.

I like Kobe, so this deal must work.
      Multi man you have to release a little of your love on for Bargnani. Hey I was there a few years ago, but I got help. You can do it, admitting you have an addiction is the first step. I know you predicted he would be an all-star this year at the beginning of this season, (yes yes I know he finished 7th behind Hibbert of Indiana of all people but it's ok, and he wouldn't have made the forwards' top ten list), and I know you predicted the Raps would be above .500 and entering the playoffs this year. It's ok man, we're here for you.
      As for the topic of this thread I do not look to keep Bargnani as one of our bigs, who many argue is a stellar player because he is a "great scorer" for the team, and "spreads the floor" to make up for his lack of rebounds and defense. Ummm...
      Bargnani -
      21st in FG% for FC (excluding true centers which would drop him another 15 spots)
      last in 3ptFG% (and not close. by the way Charlie V is shooting a better clip than Bargnani, and please don't use that as an argument he should come back!)
      2nd in shots taken per game behind Amare (at 7pts less FG% than Amare though) He takes touches away from others.
      25th in rebounds (drop another 11 spots to 36th if you include true centers)
      18th in blocks (drop another 18 if you include the Cs, and this doesn't even include PF's including Amir Johnson - who has dbl the blks)
      Forget the rest, and I am sorry I won't comment on Bargs the rest of this thread since there is a dedicated thread for that elsewhere.
      Sell sell sell!

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Completely agree. But I also would have traded Monta Ellis.
        Same, but figured that would start a whole other tangent.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          Multi man you have to release a little of your love on for Bargnani. Hey I was there a few years ago, but I got help. You can do it, admitting you have an addiction is the first step. I know you predicted he would be an all-star this year at the beginning of this season, (yes yes I know he finished 7th behind Hibbert of Indiana of all people but it's ok, and he wouldn't have made the forwards' top ten list), and I know you predicted the Raps would be above .500 and entering the playoffs this year. It's ok man, we're here for you.
          As for the topic of this thread I do not look to keep Bargnani as one of our bigs, who many argue is a stellar player because he is a "great scorer" for the team, and "spreads the floor" to make up for his lack of rebounds and defense. Ummm...
          Bargnani -
          21st in FG% for FC (excluding true centers which would drop him another 15 spots)
          last in 3ptFG% (and not close. by the way Charlie V is shooting a better clip than Bargnani, and please don't use that as an argument he should come back!)
          2nd in shots taken per game behind Amare (at 7pts less FG% than Amare though) He takes touches away from others.
          25th in rebounds (drop another 11 spots to 36th if you include true centers)
          18th in blocks (drop another 18 if you include the Cs, and this doesn't even include PF's including Amir Johnson - who has dbl the blks)
          Forget the rest, and I am sorry I won't comment on Bargs the rest of this thread since there is a dedicated thread for that elsewhere.
          Sell sell sell!
          Charlie V...Biedrins...come on man...you are all over the map.

BTW, i think if we package Bargs, Weems, Barbo and Dorsey we could get D Wade and Magloire! Holla!

Comment

Charlie V...Biedrins...come on man...you are all over the map.

BTW, i think if we package Bargs, Weems, Barbo and Dorsey we could get D Wade and Magloire! Holla!
            Dude try reading it. I DON'T want Charlie V back, but somehow knew you would use it, even though I stated don't say he should come back. Too much I guess. Oh well.

Comment

You have to decide how may to keep before addressing this in any detail. My thoughts on order of value:
              Ed Davis - young, lots of upside and he play defense (you know, the thing in your zone). He and Demar are the closest to untouchable the Raps have
              Amir Johnson - great energy, however, could easily be nudged down the list because he and Ed may end up at the same spot. Despite the overlap he has a lot of team-friendly intangibles that are good even if he doesn't start.
              Andrea - a distant 3rd. Has the polish and offensive tools but it is time for him to stop being the perennial future of the team.
              Reggie - at the right price, I'd put him as high as 2.
              Alexis - still haven't seen enough, but shows good confidence on the floor
              Joey Dorsey - may be he's hit his ceiling?
              Solomon Alabi - early to say either way but he isn't going to be a Mozgov-calibre dealbreaker on the trade market. He'll have time to develop in TO or Erie.

Pare the list down according to what we need.
              Ajinca - still young

Comment

Amir and Ed are absolutely positively keepers. Dre is 50/50 in my book if he can wake the fuck up and ive been saying that for like 5 seasons. Reggie evans stays but ONLY for the Vet's minimum or something close to that. Dorsey, Ajinca and are more no than yes. Alabi stays on the team but as a ball boy.

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                  Everything is for sale - need an upgrade of talent at all positions in order to be a relevant contender type. Amir for a mid-first rounder? Check. Calderon for a lottery pick? Check. Our whole starting lineup for a young superstar type player? Check.
                  Either stick with a group and watch them grow or just trade for Iguodala, Granger, and sign iverson next season for 38 wins and the hatred of many. Honestly I think this group has a chance to become something but you need to give it time. If BC trades any of our core for one swing for the fence player i'm gonna kill myself.

Comment

Bargnani should be moved but only if you get something good for him. You can't just give him away. I've always been intrigued by Marc Gasol of the Grizzlies. He's a restricted free agent this summer. I wonder if the Grizz would be open to a Bargnani for Gasol trade. Putting Ed Davis and Gasol beside each other in the front court would be awesome.

As for Reggie, love him a lot but you need to think logically on this. He's 31 and in a contract year. The way he plays, he's going to get run down and might be prone to injury. He would be great on a championship team as a 6th, 7th, or 8th guy. You also need to see what type of money he'll want. If he wants anything close to the $5 million/year he's making now, that's too much money to be investing in him. Something in the neighbourhood of 3 years at about 2.5-3 million/year is acceptable if he's willing to be the 4th big in the rotation.

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
                      Bargnani should be moved but only if you get something good for him. You can't just give him away. I've always been intrigued by Marc Gasol of the Grizzlies. He's a restricted free agent this summer. I wonder if the Grizz would be open to a Bargnani for Gasol trade. Putting Ed Davis and Gasol beside each other in the front court would be awesome.

As for Reggie, love him a lot but you need to think logically on this. He's 31 and in a contract year. The way he plays, he's going to get run down and might be prone to injury. He would be great on a championship team as a 6th, 7th, or 8th guy. You also need to see what type of money he'll want. If he wants anything close to the $5 million/year he's making now, that's too much money to be investing in him. Something in the neighbourhood of 3 years at about 2.5-3 million/year is acceptable if he's willing to be the 4th big in the rotation.
                      Speaking of Memphis, I wonder if there is any way we could go after Zebo? Apparently they are not 100% interested in keeping him around. Not sure if he fits BC's clean-cut standards tho.

Comment

Speaking of Memphis, I wonder if there is any way we could go after Zebo? Apparently they are not 100% interested in keeping him around. Not sure if he fits BC's clean-cut standards tho.
                        How do you see him fitting in with the Raptors? That means you want to ship out ED?

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                          How do you see him fitting in with the Raptors? That means you want to ship out ED?
                          I like Ed, BUT, that woudl be a no brainer.

Comment

Am I the only one who isn't buying the "new" Zach Randolph? This guy earned himself another big deal, I just remember how the majority of the last one went. I don't like him as a player. I don't trust that he will play up to his potential after locking up his next deal. I'm not worried about him landing here though. The Raptors have a lot invested in Ed and Amir. Also Colangelo has a fairly consistent track records of staying away from players who's character and maturity are in question.

Comment

Zach Randolph? ZACH RANDLOPH????? Shouldn't the Raptors be GETTING RID OF players who don't play defense, not getting more of them?

Shall we look at getting Al Jefferson or Corey Maggette, too?
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If Bargnani stays then what's the point? Get Dwight Howard along side him? That would probably work, but it ain't happening. The only way I'd accept Bargnani staying is if he came off the bench. That's not gonna happen either. He has to go (like, 3 seasons ago).

Amir and Ed are the bigs to keep, and right now they are almost the same player. I'm not sure yet if that's a bad thing or not, but I guess it would depend on who our 5 is because neither of the two can guard opposing 5s. In any case both are worthy rotation players on any team.

I would love to have Reggie as a veteran mentor. However, unless he absolutely loves it here and would stay for cheap, I don't think we can afford him since lots of teams would want his services.

Comment

Working...
                                X