Starting Lineup Salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Harden CAN be a good defender. He was good in the playoffs in his time in OKC.

Lamb does not suck. He is a surprisingly good defender, he can handle the ball and can shoot like crazy. He just isn't used by OKC because they use Fisher and Butler as the backup guards.
    Like terrence ross?
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I remember one Harden-Houston trade idea that summer. KMart, Toronto pick, Lamb, some smaller pieces for Harden. Almost exactly what happened. And I replied that I can't see a trade like that, Sam Presti would be stupid to take it. And then a couple days later it did happen. I suppose I underestimated OKC owners' thriftiness. Or maybe Presti thought Toronto pick would be much higher. It's a shame.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        I remember one Harden-Houston trade idea that summer. KMart, Toronto pick, Lamb, some smaller pieces for Harden. Almost exactly what happened. And I replied that I can't see a trade like that, Sam Presti would be stupid to take it. And then a couple days later it did happen. I suppose I underestimated OKC owners' thriftiness. Or maybe Presti thought Toronto pick would be much higher. It's a shame.
        It looked pretty solid, you traded a sixth man (harden) for a sixth man (Martin) a maybe future sixth man (lamb) and two 1 st rounders that could have turned into something solid. Toronto was projected to be shit and they weren't as shit a okc wanted
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          Like terrence ross?
          Actually quite similar ya. Lamb is a little longer but isn't as quick. I think Lamb is a guy that teams should look into if they need a SG.

Comment

OKC was ordering from the right side of the menu.They focused on cost vs value.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              Yeah I don't think the big issue for them was losing Harden but just the fact they didn't get a player to help now, especially a big man. I think Westbrook/Durant/a good big man would be far better than Harden with Westbrook and Durant. Adams/Lamb might be good in a couple of years but that might be too late.
              What about Lowry, Durant and JV?
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                What about Lowry, Durant and JV?
                Do you mean compared to Harden, Westbrook and Durant? I would easily take Harden, Westbrook and Durant, more talent and likely a much longer window.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  Do you mean compared to Harden, Westbrook and Durant? I would easily take Harden, Westbrook and Durant, more talent and likely a much longer window.
                  Much longer? Granted Lowry is 27 or whatever but JV is 21! 21!

I agree that pound for pound Westbrook and harden are better than Lowry and JV but in terms of fit (which we've seen makes a big impact) I'd take them over Harden/Westbrook with Durant.
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    Much longer? Granted Lowry is 27 or whatever but JV is 21! 21!

I agree that pound for pound Westbrook and harden are better than Lowry and JV but in terms of fit (which we've seen makes a big impact) I'd take them over Harden/Westbrook with Durant.
                    Well yes, I mean Lowry. He's 28 already, with an injury history, he likely has some 4 more years at his peak. Once he declines, their window closes up, and that group would need retooling. Unless Jonas develops so much that a Jonas+Durant core is enough to be a first tier contender. But that's premature to say right now.

Harden+Westbrook looked well that last year in OKC. Harden+Westbrook action was the main reason why they came back in the Spurs series. Even if I ignored Lowry's age, I'd still easily Harden/Westbrook. If Jonas develops into a perennial all star a couple years from now, it may be a more fair comparison.
                    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Apr 26, 2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Harden and Westbrook are 16 mil each. Both would cost 50% cap space.

Comment

Based on Westbrooks injuries I'd bet Lowry plays at a high level longer than Westbrook does. Once Westbrooks explosiveness starts to drop off he will become very mediocre very fast.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                          Based on Westbrooks injuries I'd bet Lowry plays at a high level longer than Westbrook does. Once Westbrooks explosiveness starts to drop off he will become very mediocre very fast.
                          Agreed. Also Lowry looks to create for his teammates way more than Westbrook does, which is something that should translate even as the two get older

Comment

Lowry doesn't jump.Guys low to the ground have longer careers. Nash,Miller, Billups vs Francis, Marbury etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X