trade deadline wishlist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I think I'd rather just keep Fields than trade for Chandler, at this point. They are similar players (lots of movement, good defense, solid rebounding, can play either wing spot) making similar money, but Fields is younger and doesn't come with the huge injury risk.

Gay, DeRozan, Fields and Ross is more than enough depth at the wing spots, providing very good balance. Perhaps a 5th young, cheap wing can be added as insurance.
    Thats true but for when the starters rest I wonder if Fields and Ross can carry the scoring weight. I hope Fields can findhis offense next season there will be data on Ross come his Sophmore year.

Comment

Also Chandler will be a bit unhappy if he doesn't get enough shots up. With Gay, Demar and Ross, we definitely do not need another wing who likes to shoot. It's going to be hard/interesting enough putting Bargnani back in there and making it work to some degree, even if it's to showcase him for a trade now or at the end of the season. We do not need another guy who likes to shoot unless that guy is replacing Bargnani, and even then I wouldn't mind a guy who needs a few less shots. And preferably from different spots, like Pau, Jefferson or Millsap would offer.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Thats true but for when the starters rest I wonder if Fields and Ross can carry the scoring weight. I hope Fields can findhis offense next season there will be data on Ross come his Sophmore year.
        For balance, I would prefer Fields to start with Gay, then have DeRozan (penetration) & Ross (outside shooting) come off the bench, with DeRozan still winding up playing more minutes than Fields or Ross. Of course, this isn't likely to happen.

As you said, hopefully Ross can develop more consistency (he is still a rookie, afterall) and Fields' shot can return to form. They also don't need to only play in the same pairings all game, and they could play some 3-wing small-ball sets with Gay at PF.

Comment

What sense does a deal like that make? Either of them would be the team's 6th wing, behind Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Fields and Anderson. They are both signed through next season, but at least the team has the option of using the amnesty on Kleiza; the Raps would be stuck with Carter next season too.

The Raps are more than set on the wings. They need a starting PF, backup PG and an upgraded backup C.
          Exactly!
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I really think the best player we could get via trade is Al Jefferson. He would fill all of our needs frontcourt, since he can play at the 4 and at the 5. A frontcourt rotation of JV, Jefferson, Gray and Amir would be pretty good, and Jefferson could see some time at the 5 spot with Amir at the 4.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              I really think the best player we could get via trade is Al Jefferson. He would fill all of our needs frontcourt, since he can play at the 4 and at the 5. A frontcourt rotation of JV, Jefferson, Gray and Amir would be pretty good, and Jefferson could see some time at the 5 spot with Amir at the 4.
              Utah came out and said Al Jefferson is untouchable and are moving Milsap.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-not-jefferson
              Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Tue Feb 5, 2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Utah came out and said Al Jefferson is untouchable and are moving Milsap.
                Source??

Comment

Source??
                  http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-not-jefferson

They want to keep Favors and Jeffereson as their core Bigs, IT was on NBA.com as well but its annoying to navigate, Milsap is the big open to being moved.

Comment

http://sulia.com/channel/oklahoma-ci...source=twitter

Should BC trade for Will Bynum?

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      Don't know if he's enough of an improvement over Lucas.

Comment

Bargnani for Earl Clark enough said. mid range and developing a post up game plays smart doesnt rush his offense good defender in an awful Dantoni system, averages 11 and 7 only 24 years old. FUCK GASOL grab a young guy who can still improve and has something to prove.

Comment

Power Forwards

A couple of targeted PF we should be looking for and couple of targeted PF we shouldn't be looking for.

Should
                          Paul Millsap - This is the guy I want to see in Raptors uniform but the million dollar question is will he remain a Rap by the end of this season, most likely not, I see him be dealt with to another team and that is if we are extremely lucky to resign him and trade him to a championship caliber team; however, before we trade him, I think the whole Raptors staff will try their best to resign him. Millsap would look good on paper with DeRozan and Gay.

Josh Smith - Another enticing player is Josh Smith, Rudy Gay's friends and together they can make the team a lot better, we will have our 3 Muskateer in Smith, Gay, and DeRozan and one D'Artanian in Valanciunas. Josh Smith is one of the best PFs in modern NBA to ever play this game and given a change of scenery, he will become one of the face of this franchise for years to come.

John Henson - Basically an Ed Davis clone but what does it take for the Raps to pry him from the Bucks. I personally think Henson will have a better career than Ed because he's a lot more versatile and will most likely see more minutes if he's in Raps uniform as opposed to the Bucks who already have Ilyasova and Gooden.

Nene - Bargs can net us Nene straight up but that's speaking as a Raps fan. I don't know if the Wizards would love to trade him for Bargs straight; personally I think Nene would look good playing along side Gay and DeRozan. Nene after coming back from a season of no play has really contributed well for the Nuggets before he's dealt to the Wizards, even for the Wizards, Nene is still contributing, scoring more than 10+ pts per game and nailing 10+ boards on some given nights. Beside, Nene can handle the 5 spot while giving Amir the start.

Kevin Love - It will take more than Bargs to get this guy but it would look sweet if Love is here, could really form something special with Rudy Gay. Imagine people chanting Gay and Love, faces of our franchise, we will for sure make to the top 4-5 seeds in the Eastern Conference. However, we may have to give the Wolves DeRozan in return for Loves' service.

JJ Hickson - I would throw Kleiza + future first for him. Hickson has established to the league that he's a starter material, unfortunately he's playing behind an allstar, future hall of famer in L.Aldridge. Hickson and Amir will solidify our 4 spot while our wing spots are intact as well. Hickson on some given nights can play the 5 as well to ease of pressure on Val.

Shouldn't
                          Pau Gasol: Simple, he's injured again. We don't want a player who's injured 3x in the season and possibly won't return to his former self if he's healthy again besides his contract is huge.

Amare Stoudamire: As much as I would like to see Stoudamire in Raps uniform, he's just not the same player like he was a few years back with the Suns. We don't have PG who can make run and gun for him unless we get a pass first PG, Stoudamire will rot as a Raptors when we have Gay and DeRozan.

Kevin Garnett: KG wants to chase another title, and for the Raptors, we will have to make to the playoff before even considering of contending for a title so most likely KG will be traded to the Clippers or the Spurs in the West and not the Raptors or possibly sign with the Heat or Bulls.

Tyrus Thomas: A speculation involved with the Raptors a month ago involving Bargs + filler for T.Thomas + 1st round pick. Personally, I would love to see the pick fall for us (we might get a chance to get Noel, Zeller, Bennett or Alex Lens). However, I don't want any part of T.Thomas and his ugly contract. Not only will Thomas become less efficient than Acy but most likely he will be dealt to the D-League if he's in Raptors uniform.

Carlos Boozer: Uhh, simply no. Boozer will never play for the Raptors and will pull a Mourning then he will sign with the Heat or the Cavs.

Danny Granger: Granger to play the 4, well he got the height but lack the skill in defense to ever match up with traditional big in today's league. However, most teams are going small these days, look at the Heat with LeBron playing the 4 spot while Bosh the 5. If the Heat can do it, so can the Raptors. However, will Granger wants to play with the Rap when he publicly announced he doesn't want to wear Raptors uniform

Perry Jones: Just like T.Thomas, a month ago, there's a speculation involving Bargs be dealt to Thunder for Perkins + Jones. Perry Jones is a bust, book it, he will never score more than 10 pts in his career.

T.Rob: T-Rob sure look like a bust in Kings uniform, possibly due to coaching but will the Raps be willing to give up Bargs for a not so established Robinson. Who knows, it would be crazy if Bargs be dealt to the Kings just for T-Rob, we will have to absorb a huge contract in return.

Comment

Trade deadline wishlist? This kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qmMbm78sEB4

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                              T.Rob: T-Rob sure look like a bust in Kings uniform, possibly due to coaching
                              That's what I think is the problem, and he's playing behind a roster full of PFs to begin with. Call me a traditionalist but I want some big dudes on the frontcourt. As of right now JV could become a Jokim Noah type person body-wise and possibly skill-wise blocking passing lanes and showing good defense. But his frailness could cost him rebounds and battles in the paint. That's why a dude like T.Rob would be a great pairing IMO. Ed was just light, in the SAC game, him and JV couldn't handle strong front court guys like Demarcus Cousins. I like Milsap and Robinson as a realistic PF candidate tho just not sure what's gonna get traded.
                              "If thats what you say bruh"- Russel Westbrook

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                                Shouldn't

Carlos Boozer: Uhh, simply no. Boozer will never play for the Raptors and will pull a Mourning then he will sign with the Heat or the Cavs.
                                interesting when in the Bulls/Raptors thread earlier today where someone suggested getting Boozer you went with this response:

At this time, any big man shall suffice for Bargs.

Comment

Working...
                                X