No announcement yet.

Is Derozan contract that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting. LOTS of numbers being thrown out there right now.

I hope Demar gets extended, but not to anything over $10 million to be honest.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
      Hmm. Interesting. 10M per season seems high, but we don't know all the specifics. Very probable that there's some sort of incentives incorporated. I doubt the guaranteed amount would be 40M.
      You're right it's more!

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
        As for what scares people away? I dunno, you tell me? Why? I absolutely have no idea. I would swap DeMar for Mayo in a heartbeat.
        Money had nothing to do with Memphis not keeping Mayo. They gave Bayless $3 million to replace him, just a million less. Memphis did not want him and the rest of the league did not bid for him. There has to be a reason. I don't know what it is? I'm not hating on the guy. It's just when GMs shy away from making a long-term commitment to a player, there are reasons that the casual fan might not know. Dallas needs him to score, so it's a good situation for him.

Comment

Fan 590 is saying 10 Mill a year. I think that's a bit high. If we look at our contracts, he had to get something bigger than Fields, and Amir. That said, this probably will mean Lowry is going to be a max player. But they have a couple years before that day comes. I'm happy he's back. I think he's under-appreciated. But this is a bit high, and with the new rules all these contracts that are slightly too high may have an impact down the line.

As far as OJ Mayo...he's only making 4 Mill? That's below league average. He has to be on a one year deal. That's just ridiculous. He needs to fire his agent if he's signed longer than a year at that.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Fan 590 is saying 10 Mill a year. I think that's a bit high. If we look at our contracts, he had to get something bigger than Fields, and Amir. That said, this probably will mean Lowry is going to be a max player. But they have a couple years before that day comes. I'm happy he's back. I think he's under-appreciated. But this is a bit high, and with the new rules all these contracts that are slightly too high may have an impact down the line.

As far as OJ Mayo...he's only making 4 Mill? That's below league average. He has to be on a one year deal. That's just ridiculous. He needs to fire his agent if he's signed longer than a year at that.
            +1. Toronto has the flexibility unlike other big market teams over their cap. With Calderon's expiring, and possible amnesty still left in the Summer of 2013, things financially aren't bad future wise.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

so far it's okay to me..

Comment

Fire colangelo!!! Now!!!
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

@SI_ChrisBallard: Hey now. Don't forget that wing guys who don't rebound and can't shoot the three are hard to come by.

@mattomic: You're totally ignoring his dcRW% stats. (Reverse-windmill proficiency during dunk contests)

@bruce_arthur: DeMar DeRozan PER by year: 12.5. 14.4, 12.8. True shooting percentage: .554, .530, .503. So, yeah. Wheee!

@johnhollinger: Clearly, the Raptors looked at what Landry Fields got as an RFA and figured $40 million for DeRozan was fair value.

@WolstatSun: Wow, that's ... not a good contract

For those who think this is a good deal he'll make 500k more than bargnani per year.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Fire colangelo!!! Now!!!
                    So it begins.

I recall this type of reaction when Bargnani was extended.

Comment

So it begins.

and, dare I say, when JV was drafted

Comment

So it begins.

I hate to be that guy, but if this is true, BC has undone all the good work he has done in the past 2 years.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

It looks official:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ension-sources

The Toronto Raptors reached an agreement on a contract extension with forward DeMar DeRozan ahead of Wednesday's midnight deadline, sources told ESPN.com.

DeRozan has agreed to the structure of a deal that would pay him $40 million over the next four years, plus incentives. It is expected the contract will be finalized after the Raptors play the Indiana Pacers in their season opener.

The athletic DeRozan averaged 16.7 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Raptors last season and has been one of the cornerstones of the franchise's rebuilding project over the last two years.

Comment

WTF. Man I'd like to have BC as a boss. $40 over 4??? And he didnt even have to do it? I am neither a DD nor BC downer but this doesnt make sense.

Comment

What most of you seem to forget is that there are teams out there that are willing to pay just as much money to obtain him. Is Demar worth the $40 million we're paying him? Probably not (well not at the moment). He's worth more around $7-8 million per year, but what something is worth is not the same as the amount pay for to obtain it for yourself Let's look at an everyday example. Let's say that you want to buy an antique at an auction. An expert says that the antique is worth about $300. At an auction, you have multiple interested buyers. You might just have to pay more than $300 to outbid and secure the antique for yourself. You might have to pay $400 or even higher. The same goes for Demar at the moment. Are we overpaying him? Yea probably a little, but we have no choice if we want to keep him. I'm almost 110% sure that he won't agree to a 4 year $32 million contract and he will accept a 4 year $40 million contract from an opposing team.

Comment

Makes sense

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                WTF. Man I'd like to have BC as a boss. $40 over 4??? And he didnt even have to do it? I am neither a DD nor BC downer but this doesnt make sense.

Harden 16millions/year
                                Ty Lawson 12 millions/year

So DD, will average 15ppg....so yeah.
                                10 millions/year is about right.
                                It's what market would pay;
                                I dont see this as overpaying at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X