Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors finally give Don Nelson the boot

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...warriors092310

Don Nelson has been pushed out as Golden State Warriors coach and replaced with assistant Keith Smart, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Nelson, the all-time winningest coach in NBA history, will officially resign and accept a settlement on the $6 million owed him on his contract. The Warriors are expected to announce the change on Monday.

New Warriors owner Joe Lacob was determined to replace Nelson as coach, and Nelson, sources said, was glad to take his money and return to retirement in Hawaii.
    This was overdue.

Cya Don you were once a great coach but like all great coaches they need to know when to quit.

oh man, he was so brutal. next on my list is j. sloan.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      Really? Sloan?

Year after year he manages to get the most out of his squads. his teams aren't always the most talented-mind you not garbage by any means-yet he still finds a way to win. one of the best coaches.

But yeah Donny was brutal he should have been canned from time. Though his brand of ball was VERY entertaining to watch.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        Yeah I gotta agree with .40 Cal Flakes. The guy has been consistently putting out playoff teams for about 22 years now? It's hard to have that kind of job security anywhere, much less the NBA, without doing something right.

Comment

ImissDelfino wrote: View Post
          Yeah I gotta agree with .40 Cal Flakes. The guy has been consistently putting out playoff teams for about 22 years now? It's hard to have that kind of job security anywhere, much less the NBA, without doing something right.
          i don't mean he's as brutal as nelson, i still think he's a decent coachit's just when is he going to give that extra push to the jazz, they've been in the playoffs consistently yet it just seems that he is relying more on deron williams now than his coaching ability.

that's why they get nowhere, i think that deron williams finally hits a speed bump and syas jerry what do i do? and jerry says "justdo what you always do"

because he really has nothing planned for the situation almost like he's just in cruis econtrol, he needs to step up.

and just on a side note that has nothing to do with his ability to coach, he has a nose of gargantuan proportions, i'm surprised he can see past that thing, it's almost freakin dripping over his mouth. he's going to be squidwerd in a cople more years.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

BC needs to fire Triano the minute he realizes the Jazz canned Sloan.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
              BC needs to fire Triano the minute he realizes the Jazz canned Sloan.
              What you are confused, that didn't happen and not going to happen (to Sloan that is, Triano might not survive the year)

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                What you are confused, that didn't happen and not going to happen (to Sloan that is, Triano might not survive the year)
                i think you might be confused and he's just talkig about if's and you're thinking he'
                s talking about nows.

Comment

Ifs and nows, always confusing.

Thanks LBF.

Comment

Working...
                  X