X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would like in

Comment

Just a reminder people, the draft is this sunday. I totally forgot and thought that I missed it, had a little mini heart-attack

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        Just a reminder people, the draft is this sunday. I totally forgot and thought that I missed it, had a little mini heart-attack
        Thanks for reminding everyone.
        I have the league set to roto for now since there is only 5 teams.

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
          i would like in
          PM sent

Comment

Well, draft is done guys and the season is set to begin on the 2nd week of the baseball season (week 1 will be skipped because there is only 1 game on a Sunday).

The league is set to rotisserie because of the 6 teams that are signed up. I encourage all players to keep their team set weekly, because roto is fast at the beginning of the season and seasons can be won or done.

Also a note that innings have been capped at 1500 which is somewhat of a norm for rotisserie. League default was 1400 but I set it for 1500. Please keep this in mind when selecting pitchers for the week. The cap helps keep the league fair for the season and prevents people from adding/dropping pitchers in excess.

As always, let me know about any suggestions and recommendations so we can keep the league as fun and fair as possible.

drizz

Comment

I don't know how I missed everything about this ... I'm devastated. Sorry about that guys.

Work got insane the last couple weeks. Hopefully I can get in next season!

Comment

I like the settings, but I'm confused by the innings pitched stat. I understand the need for an innings pitched cap, but it's also counted as a statistic. Wouldn't everyone finish the season at 1500, making the stat kind of pointless? Or am I missing something? (I normally always use innings pitched as a stat, but set the cap for GP rather than IP, so it rewards pitchers who can go farther into games).

Comment

You're absolutely right and thank you for pointing that out. I have taken out IP and ER as stats and added ERA and WHIP.
                  Pitching stats are now: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Thanks man.

Kadazzle wrote: View Post
                  I like the settings, but I'm confused by the innings pitched stat. I understand the need for an innings pitched cap, but it's also counted as a statistic. Wouldn't everyone finish the season at 1500, making the stat kind of pointless? Or am I missing something? (I normally always use innings pitched as a stat, but set the cap for GP rather than IP, so it rewards pitchers who can go farther into games).

Comment

It would have been great to have you in the league man. Next season for sure.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I don't know how I missed everything about this ... I'm devastated. Sorry about that guys.

Work got insane the last couple weeks. Hopefully I can get in next season!

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
                      You're absolutely right and thank you for pointing that out. I have taken out IP and ER as stats and added ERA and WHIP.
                      Pitching stats are now: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Thanks man.
                      My roster as constructed would not have reached 1500 innings (last year)

Care should be taken when changing scoring after a draft

Comment

Hello fello Fantasy sports dudes!

I am in a different baseball league and have been offered a trade that i wanted to run by you. I'd be giving Adrian and Beltre and Ichiro SuZuki and receiving Troy Tulowitzki and Mike Minor... any thoughts??

Comment

IMO that really depends on positional needs. Generally speaking, the infield spots (minus 1B) are the hardest positions to get value out of, and Troy and Adrian are two of the best at their respective positions. Due to his ability to run, Troy is more valuable than Adrian, but he also has significant injury risk due to being injured last year. Adrian is as consistent as they get in fantasy. Mike Minor has potential, but he hasn't turned that potential into anything above a spot-starting IMO. If you feel confident in your ability to replace Adrian at 3rd base, I'd take the trade, because if Troy is healthy he's the best shortstop by a country mile. Really depends on your positional needs and depth.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share some input Kadazzle!

The injury risk of Troy is what's holding me back from pulling the trigger right now.

I have Miguel Cabrera at 3B as well, so I am good at 3B.

2 other thoughts to consider. Firstly, this is a keeper league so my thought is Troy is more valuable because he's 5 years younger than Beltre. Secondly, this league does allow 2 utility spots which means not having to choose between Beltre or Cabrera at 3B spot. They would both be in my lineup every night they were playing.

Maybe if you saw my team you'd be able to make an even better recomendation... 14 team keeper league (keep 3 hitters, 2 pitchers, stats used are R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP and W, S, K, ERA, WHIP.
                            C - Salvador Perez
                            1B - Paul Konerko
                            2B - Brandon Phillips
                            3B - Miguel Cabrera
                            SS - Erick Aybar
                            LF - Ben Revere (LF, CF, RF)
                            CF - B.J. Upton
                            RF - Ichiro Suzuki (LF, CF, RF)
                            OF - Angel Pagan
                            OF - Dexter Fowler
                            UTIL - Beltre
                            UTIL - Ryan Doumit
                            Bench - Jordan Pacheco (C,1B,3B)
                            Bench - Matt Carpenter (1B, 3B, RF)

SP - Cliff Lee
                            SP - Kris Medlen
                            SP - James Shields
                            RP - Kenley Jansen
                            RP - Rafael Soriano
                            P - Max Scherzer
                            P - Julio Teheran
                            Bench - Jonathan Broxton

I could use the extra pitcher at the end of the bench, and having 2 hitters on the bench doesn't help me as much as having a Pitcher i can use...

Would love to have your input!

Comment

can we make the max acquisitions around 60 instead of 40? I'ts a long season and there's always lots of tinkering to be done in baseball.

Comment

When you do the math it's actually less than three a week. but I am drunk so i may need to be corrected...

Comment

Working...
                                X