X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    My list goes for Top 5, in 4-5 years.

In order:

1 - Derrick Rose (once, or if ever returns to complete form).
    2 - Kyrie Irving
    3 - Ricky Rubio
    4 - Russel Westbrook
    5 - Eric Bledsoe
    In 4-5 years I bet half of that list will be filled with point guards who are currently enrolled in highschool.

Comment

I never thought Lillard would be this good as a rookie, but you need to throw his name out there in the mix. 18.5 ppg, 6.5 apg, 3.5 rpg, add in over a steal per game and OK shooting percentages for a first ear guard and he is looking pretty legit moving forward.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think John Wall is proving once again, that he can't be left out of this conversation.

Leading the Wiz back from like 18 down against the Lakers last night, finishing with 24 points, 16 assists and 3 steals.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I think John Wall is proving once again, that he can't be left out of this conversation.

Leading the Wiz back from like 18 down against the Lakers last night, finishing with 24 points, 16 assists and 3 steals.
          Agreed, he's way too young and talented to just say he won't get it.

Comment

I'm also not sold on Kyrie. Injury prone, and frankly, i have not been at all impressed by his leadership since he came into the league. He has, by far, the most scoring potential of any PG, but yeah, I have not been impressed with the way he plays team basketball. Honestly, I thought as a team they looked better with him down and Waiters leading the charge. Maybe I just need to watch him more.

I think my list would go like this:
            1. D Rose
            2. Rondo
            3. John Wall
            4. Jrue Holiday
            5. Kyrie Irving

I put Irving at 5th because again, I'm not a big fan, and basically, I think of him as a scoring guard. Same as Westbrook, who I left off entirely because he's absolutely awful as a PG.

Honorable mentions:
            -Lawson: has the right team for him right now, really hard for me to judge how he'd look on a less deep team that didn't play a lot of run and gun ball. Definitely a top 10 PG, but I don't know about top 5.
            -Rubio: this dude should be in the top 3, hands down, if he could hit a jumper and there weren't health concerns. He sees the floor better than anyone on the list, except maybe Rondo. Big, fast, strong defender, creative, liked by his teammates...come on man, learn that J.
            -Lillard: Doing way better than I expected, but I don't want to jump to conclusions off just his rookie year. Could easily crack the top 5 with a better all-around potential than Rondo, or even how I see Irving.
            -Curry: Similar to Irving, mostly a scoring guard. I do think he plays the team game smarter, and as a better leader, than Irving does. But he is injury prone, and just doesn't have the all-around impact some of these other guys do.

Poor bastard who gets left out: Bledsoe....he's really struggled to run the team in the last couple of years since taking a backseat to CP3. Has all the tools, but I haven't seen enough from him to suggest that he'd be a better player than, say, Jrue Holiday, who has similar strengths. He needs an opportunity, but he is also still quite raw.

Comment

I can't believe we're not including Damian Lillard right now. This guy is going to be something really good.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I can't believe we're not including Damian Lillard right now. This guy is going to be something really good.
                But really good could still just be right outside the top 5

I think it's fair to see what he improves on. I also think it's fairly likely we're all pretty wrong anyway, since this is just for fun.

Comment

I just wanna see D Rose back

Comment

Eh Rose Pre Injury was on a whole nother level, He's got top 50 player written all over him. I used to like Westbrook but he's a major douche. He's basically the DeMarcus Cousins of the PG position, lots of talent but terrible attitude. He yelled at his own teammate in game and had a temper tantrum like a 5 year old...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

No one in the league has hang time like D Rose, No ONE!
                      I personally think Rose and Westbrook are basically at the same level of athleticism. Both are basically unguardable in that sense.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I personally think Rose and Westbrook are basically at the same level of athleticism. Both are basically unguardable in that sense.
                        Rose has the edge because of his first step and insane finishing ability around the rim. Westbrook is very out of control and if its not a dunk he can't finish too well. Rose has the quickest first step i've ever seen, he changes speed in literally Milliseconds.

Comment

1. Kyrie Irving
                          2. Derrick Rose
                          3. Steph Curry
                          4. Ricky Rubio
                          5. John Wall
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            1. Derrick Rose
                            2. Kyrie Irving
                            3. Steph Curry
                            4. Ricky Rubio
                            5. John Wall
                            Fixed it for you

Comment

I think Stephen Curry is horribly overrated

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                                I think Stephen Curry is horribly overrated
                                Overrated? how? How many Warriors game have you watched this year?

Curry is one of the best young PG's in the game and in my opinion the greatest shooter in basketball right now.

If i would re-do the 09 draft my top 3 would be:

1. Harden
                                2. Curry
                                3. Griffin
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X