Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TO RAPTOR MGMT: Its time to SHOCK AND AWE and change everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO RAPTOR MGMT: Its time to SHOCK AND AWE and change everything.

December 5, 1990: Gillick dealt Fred McGriff and Tony Fernandez to San Diego for Joe Carter and the greatest Blue Jays of them all, Roberto Alomar.

On Jan. 2, 1992 the Toronto Maple Leafs and Calgary Flames completed the biggest trade in NHL history -- at least in terms of the number of players involved -- as the Flames dealt Doug Gilmour to the Leafs in a 10-player swap.
    True culture changing trade that was.

In both of the above cases - MGMT knew they had good parts and just needed the next major CENTER pcs.
    TORONTO RAPTORS after pre-season and 3 game sample...we can see this is good group and just needs one other part to be in top 5 etc. My recommendation is to take in 10-15 more games and if things are as is and we're below .500.....THE RAPTORs do the SHOCK AND AWE and get over this hump .

TRADE ANDREA and JOSE in pkg deal...and bring true grit to work along lowry.

Peace out

RISK MGMT
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

loool
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

#
      Last edited by vino; Mon Nov 5, 2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Shock and Awe Jaw Drop kick

I aint even mad Brah!

Have you seen Lowry ...this dude is true grit and heart.

I can see Josh Smith playing with Lowry and Casey laughing all the way to the playoffs.

Pull the triger SHOCK AND AWE babe

WOOO weee
        It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I lobe (yes I said Lobe) Jose...but sometimes you need to part way to change. Its for the best.

Jose is not good enough to be a starter and not bad enough to be off the bench. He has value

DO THE SHOCK AND AWE

Muhammad Ali

Comment

The only thing "shocking" would be if we actually receive upgrades in exchange for Bargnani/Calderon. I don't really care to end up with J.R. Smith and Kurt Thomas :|

Comment

Shock & awe

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              The only thing "shocking" would be if we actually receive upgrades in exchange for Bargnani/Calderon. I don't really care to end up with J.R. Smith and Kurt Thomas :|
              Fine maybe not Shocking..but would be considered a Blockbuster in which we didnt get ripped.
              Plus it would be shocking as Andrea as BC pet project and its just not working. So let it go.

SHOCK AND AWE

Muhammad Ali

Comment

SHOCK AND AWE.

YEAH.

(DD, Calderon, Bargnani get sent for Kobe Bryant... SHOCK AND AWE... YEAH!)
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Shock and Awe

Things don't seem shocking at first till some times passes you by.

Doug Gilmour
                  Robbie Almour + Carter

Nobody was shocked at first till later.

Truly the Raptors have ability to pull the trigger here....sooner rather than later.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Andrea is just not working out here. Maybe its the system of defence that he is not adaptable to...maybe can work better in a RUN'n Gun style....its not here

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Shock and awe

Only 3-4 ppl below are pure keepers....the rest are tradable

4 Quincy Acy F
                      6 Alan Anderson F-G
                      7 Andrea Bargnani F-C
                      8 Jose Calderon G
                      32 Ed Davis F
                      10 DeMar DeRozan
                      2 Landry Fields F
                      34 Aaron Gray C
                      15 Amir Johnson C-F
                      11 Linas Kleiza F-G
                      3 Kyle Lowry G
                      5 John Lucas III G
                      1 Dominic McGuire F
                      31 Terrence Ross G

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
                        Only 3-4 ppl below are pure keepers....the rest are tradable

4 Quincy Acy F
                        6 Alan Anderson F-G
                        7 Andrea Bargnani F-C
                        8 Jose Calderon G
                        32 Ed Davis F
                        10 DeMar DeRozan
                        2 Landry Fields F
                        34 Aaron Gray C
                        15 Amir Johnson C-F
                        11 Linas Kleiza F-G
                        3 Kyle Lowry G
                        5 John Lucas III G
                        1 Dominic McGuire F
                        31 Terrence Ross G
                        Valanciunas is the only "keeper" in my mind, everybody else is a tradeable asset. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good, young, talented players on that list as well but, especially given our depth, there's no reason to think that any of them couldn't/shouldn't be traded in the right deal.

Basically this thread is suggesting to BC that he should make a bold move to make the team better... I think that's pretty much the job description of every GM in major league sports. The important factor to remember is that "better" is a very subjective word that extends beyond simply the talent level of the player(s) involved in the trade... you have to factor in age, potential, salary, positional supply/demand, constructing a balanced lineup, inclusion of key role players, salary cap (espeically when making trades 'work' cap-wise), financial flexibility, draft picks, short term VS long term, etc... I'm not sure a dedicated thread was really necessary, especially for BC, who's proven to be anything but shy when it comes to making trades and overhauling rosters.

Comment

Shock and Awe

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Valanciunas is the only "keeper" in my mind, everybody else is a tradeable asset. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good, young, talented players on that list as well but, especially given our depth, there's no reason to think that any of them couldn't/shouldn't be traded in the right deal.

Basically this thread is suggesting to BC that he should make a bold move to make the team better... I think that's pretty much the job description of every GM in major league sports. The important factor to remember is that "better" is a very subjective word that extends beyond simply the talent level of the player(s) involved in the trade... you have to factor in age, potential, salary, positional supply/demand, constructing a balanced lineup, inclusion of key role players, salary cap (espeically when making trades 'work' cap-wise), financial flexibility, draft picks, short term VS long term, etc... I'm not sure a dedicated thread was really necessary, especially for BC, who's proven to be anything but shy when it comes to making trades and overhauling rosters.
                          Based on the small sample of games + pre-season >>>> this ship seems do be going in the right direction and one missing pcs will make it really legit. Let just see 10-20 more games if things don't meet expectation - BC pull the trigger on your BB gun.

BTW: Is it me or the officating is anti-RAPTORS

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Shock

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Thats all fine and Dandy brah.

But you know after soo many years you kinda get tired and really have to smash up the system. Your way just doesnt work and no excuses work nothing. You just have to pull it ...

"Maybe the smartest thing to do is to pull it.”

Muhammad Ali

Comment

BTW: I'm a Fan ...my job is to be entertained to my liking...its to complain when we suck...and demand a better product by offering my ill advised strategies. I dont care how you or BC do it...just give me a winning product okay.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                              X