Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Harden trade make Gay more getable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Whoaaaaaa just looking at some old posts, can't believe people here really wanted gay and then hated on him so much later saying bc made a bonehead move.
    Hindsight is 20-20, smartypants.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Sure, but I'm curious how many of the people who seemed so keen to get Gay actually watched the Grizzlies play that season. Being a big Marc Gasol fan I watched every single one of their games and a part of me died when I heard the Raptors got Gay. He was terrible for them as well that season.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        Hindsight is 20-20, smartypants.
        It was just weird seeing people offer Davis Calderon as well as derozan/ross. That made made me just wonder
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Desperate times makes u do ...........

Comment

A poster a while back said something like "the great thing about being an internet GM is you never have to live with your mistakes"
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              A poster a while back said something like "the great thing about being an internet GM is you never have to live with your mistakes"
              Couldn't agree more.

The thing to remember is everyone thought the Raps were getting the Sacramento Rudy, not the black hole that engulfed the Raptors.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                It was just weird seeing people offer Davis Calderon as well as derozan/ross. That made made me just wonder
                One of those people was tenforthewin who isn't really a scholar lol.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I still would love the Raps to land Gay. Just don't see it happening - especially with a team like Cleveland who has expressed interest in the past loaded with cap space, expiring contracts, and draft picks.
                  I thought Matt didn't like low percentage long two chuckers!

Guess he "loves" them?

:P

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    I thought Matt didn't like low percentage long two chuckers!

Guess he "loves" them?

:P
                    True.

However Gay did more than inefficiently chuck. He played D, he rebounded, and (before his shoulder injury) had become a good 3-point threat. The idea was the 3-point would return which obviously has not - at least consistently.

But instead of focusing on this comment from over a year and half ago I think the one I put up today is more relevant:

The thing to remember is everyone thought the Raps were getting the Sacramento Rudy, not the black hole that engulfed the Raptors.

Comment

I couldn't believe that people were interested in Gay. I hated the trade the moment it happened. Gay's play had tailed off two years straight, Memphis made their deepest playoff run when he was injured, etc. Plus, it seemed to me that he would inevitably be making us solidly mediocre, at the very time we should be trying hardest to be awful.

Of course, that trade allowed us to get an entire bench that's been a huge part of my third-favourite Raptor team of all time, so what do I know
                      Last edited by JimiCliff; Fri Apr 11, 2014, 08:35 AM.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

There was no denying Gay's talent. Very little weaknesses in his overall game. The assumption was that Toronto's coaching staff would install some discipline in him (at least, that was my assumption).

Alas, that never happened.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          I couldn't believe that people were interested in Gay. I hated the trade the moment it happened. Gay's play had tailed off two years straight, Memphis made their deepest playoff run when he was injured, etc. Plus, it seemed to me that he would inevitably be making us solidly mediocre, at the very time we should be trying hardest to be awful.

Of course, that trade allowed us to get an entire bench that's been a huge part of my third-favourite Raptor team of all time, so what do I know
                          Look at what he has done individually in Sacramento. That is why.

Now granted it has not helped winning so it is all for not in the big picture.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Look at what he has done individually in Sacramento. That is why.

Now granted it has not helped winning so it is all for not in the big picture.
                            After his furious start, he's tailed off to the point where he's putting up pretty much the same numbers he did here (but with a better FG%)

Again, my main issue was that he wasn't good enough to bring into the upper tier of the league, which meant that we wouldn't have been able to tank this year

(Of course, ironically, we were tanking damn well when he was here - maybe that was actually Colangelo's plan lol)
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Oh God I can't believe I'm arguing about Rudy Gay again

I really didn't miss doing this, not one bit
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Good call, let's move on

Comment

Working...
                                X