No announcement yet.

everyone do me a favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you guys recommend a quality streaming site to watch the okc game from tonight?
    I am away from home and my usual cable channels.
    I've got the orlando game on vipbox - its better than nothing but the quality isn't great.

Thanks.

Comment

Riazan wrote: View Post
      Can you guys recommend a quality streaming site to watch the okc game from tonight?
      I am away from home and my usual cable channels.
      I've got the orlando game on vipbox - its better than nothing but the quality isn't great.

Thanks.
      http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...mavericks.html

Should be good.

I'm not sure about the rules pertaining to streaming on this site, so if I violated any terms, can you just remove the link?
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Any basis to back up the claim considering the Raps were 2-2 versus them this year and the point differential was 0.
          Going by that logic, we would likely lose a series against Charlotte.

Really don't think you can put too much stock in regular series matchups and point differential.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post

Really don't think you can put too much stock in regular series matchups and point differential.
            especially this season, when fatigue played a bigger role than it usually would.
            Last edited by akashsingh; Sat Apr 28, 2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Anyone who thinks that is delusional - no arguments from me.

However there is a fine line between delusion and the other extreme which many are bringing around here.

Defense does win in the NBA. Toronto was 9th in opponents scoring. Something much bigger - much, much, much bigger - that I have brought up this year a few times is their opposition field goal percentage. Toronto was tied for 6th with Dallas and Indiana and they were just 0.1% behind Miami at 5th. http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2012.html

A lot of good was done this year and the team is in much better shape moving forward than many give credit for.
                That's why even "sneaking in" the last playoff spot is intruiging for the Raps next year. Casey is built for the playoffs.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Just wanted to add to this that last night's Indiana vs Orlando game was a perfect example of why you need at least one but preferably multiple guys that can either command a double team or simply score at will in single coverage when you reach the playoffs. As much as we like to laud teams like Memphis and Indiana for succeeding in the regular season without a true elite offensive player, the inability to generate easy buckets on open looks down the stretch of a game makes you very vulnerable to upsets like this one.

It's the reason why so many so many of us are wary of BC's plan to improve drastically next year. Unless he can somehow pull a franchise player out of his hat, the team won't be set up for meaningful long-term success, just short-term gratification.

Comment

Just wanted to add to this that last night's Indiana vs Orlando game was a perfect example of why you need at least one but preferably multiple guys that can either command a double team or simply score at will in single coverage when you reach the playoffs. As much as we like to laud teams like Memphis and Indiana for succeeding in the regular season without a true elite offensive player, the inability to generate easy buckets on open looks down the stretch of a game makes you very vulnerable to upsets like this one.

It's the reason why so many so many of us are wary of BC's plan to improve drastically next year. Unless he can somehow pull a franchise player out of his hat, the team won't be set up for meaningful long-term success, just short-term gratification.
                    Surely you must know that the only way a team in the lower echelon of teams in the league (eg Raptors) can get the "franchise player" is thru the draft or via free agency (no one is going to trade one to you). And in our case free agency still seems to be problematic. It is why I have been rather "despondent" about our place in the draft (with only the lottery as saviour) after going thru such a lousy season.

Again, your post like the OP seems to be alluding to a supposed rampant pov on the site which believes that there will be a sea change of talent upgrade in the team allowing it to go deep in the playoffs. At least I get that vibe. I frequent the site regularly and fail to see this among the realistic optimists. At this point it is rather ludicrous for anyone to postulate what this team looks like at the start of next season and thus have a semi informed opinion of the team one way or another. This is going to be at least a 2-3 yr slog to semi respectability (second round playoff team). And even for that, that elusive element called "luck" has to go our way. No delusions here whether it's BC or anyone else at the helm.
                    Last edited by Bendit; Sun Apr 29, 2012, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Nobody's dillusional, everybody has knows the team currently and thispast season sucked.

They'retalking about the future that hasn't happened yet. So, you can't be dillussional. Over excited or hyped, yes.

The playoffs are an entirely different animal.

These are what teams fight for and they step up when they're in it. We're not a playoff team, plain and sim
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Again, your post like the OP seems to be alluding to a supposed rampant pov on the site which believes that there will be a sea change of talent upgrade in the team allowing it to go deep in the playoffs. At least I get that vibe. I frequent the site regularly and fail to see this among the realistic optimists.
                        Among the realistic optimists? No. Among a lot of other posters? Yes. In BC's end-of-year comments about 'drastically' improving the talent level of the club? Yes. The guy's job is on the line and he has a history of swinging for the fences. Of course I'm worried. I fully agree that nobody is expecting deep playoff runs, but what bothers me is how many posters are okay with the idea of blowing their cap space on short term fixes and chasing a first round playoff exit rather than building for deeper playoff runs down the line. That was the point I was trying to make, the 'drastically' part comes from BC's own comments.

Comment

I'm sure there are some who believe that once you're in the playoffs, anything is possible.

Although this is technically true, a low seed making a deep run isn't very likely to happen in the NBA (compared to the NHL), as there is clear separation between championship contenders, and the rest of the playoff field.

Comment

The way DC had the team working their butts off this year, i wouldnt be surprised if Toronto gave the Knicks a run for their money

Comment

This argument is completely flawed.

Orlando won that game against Indiana, correct?

Without their best player and Completely outmanned in terms of the depth chart?

So who is Orlando's "Guy that can command a double team or score at will"?

Playoff Basketball is TEAM basketball.
                              If you can play as a team, you have a chance in the playoffs.
                              Memphis last year was a perfect example.
                              Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 30, 2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I general, I agree with Lark. The NBA is a game of matchups, and having a player who can demand double teams makes the offense flow that much easier.

Can teams without such a player pull out victories? Well yes. As Joey mentioned, the Magic did so the other night. The Raptors have done so without Bargnani in the lineup. But to do so regularly isn't easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X