Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I personally didn't really care that he was drafted first overall.. my problem is that he was the antithesis of what a 7 footer should be able to do.. ie, rebound + defend.

He had plenty of time to develop his rebounding/defense and because he had such a poor motor it was harder to watch him play. The eye test was showing that he was a liability to the team, and then stats backed that up. If he was given less minutes, a different role, and didn't cost as much then the fans would not be so outraged (at least in my opinion).

Management failed Bargnani, and Bargnani failed management, and they both failed the fans. I am so glad that they are both finally gone.
    No excuses for not doing/developing what he should've and I'm in no way defending him. I'm only being fair to him where he deserves it.

Worth mentioning that when you look at Bargnani's skill-set, it's that of a SF minus the agility which probably kept Coaches from starting him at SF. I always thought he was a SF in a PF's body.

The team is quickly losing it's BC touch.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• So how much does this deal save us exactly?

Know better when Camby and Q-Rich have been bought out?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• More and more impressed with Ujiri with each passing tid bit of news.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Source: Yahoo Sports

Colangelo would have took this, called a press conference and told everybody how smart he is.
          No, Colangelo would have traded away our 2015 first-rounder to make this deal happen.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            So how much does this deal save us exactly?

Know better when Camby and Q-Rich have been bought out?
            Can't buy out Q Rich. He has one year Guaranteed

Comment

• I could see him being a huge momentum builder

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                No, Colangelo would have traded away our 2015 first-rounder to make this deal happen.
                Or Colangelo would have expected Steph Curry in addition to Lee....

Comment

• I'd love to see MU flip Novak & Camby & the 2016 1st round pick to LAC for Bledsoe & Butler (and Q-Rich if he's needed to match salaries again). I'd even include NY's 2017 2nd round pick, to further sweeten the pot.

Novak would give LAC a cheaper Bargnani-esque stretch-4. Camby would be give them a veteran backup C. LAC would save about $2M this season, with only Novak guaranteed beyond this season.
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jul 1, 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I'd love to see MU flip Novak & Camby & the 2016 1st round pick to LAC for Bledsoe & Butler.

Novak would give LAC a cheaper Bargnani-esque stretch-4. Camby would be give them a veteran backup C. LAC would save about $2M this season, with only Novak guaranteed beyond this season.
                    That would be amazing.
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• So, the 2016 1st round pick that the Knicks gave up. Is it lottery protected? because that Knicks team is pretty old and is one injury from being a real bad team.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        So, the 2016 1st round pick that the Knicks gave up. Is it lottery protected? because that Knicks team is pretty old and is one injury from being a real bad team.
                        Toronto gets the lower 1st round pick in 2016, from either Denver or NY. From a previous trade, Denver has the option of switching picks with NY, if NY's 1st round pick in 2016 is higher than their own.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          So, the 2016 1st round pick that the Knicks gave up. Is it lottery protected? because that Knicks team is pretty old and is one injury from being a real bad team.
                          not clear yet

Comment

• man Knicks have A LOT of money paying Carmel Amare and Bargnani now goddam! they have the money teams like Bobcats and Sacramento dream of.

I HAD A DRINK YESTERDAY WHEN BARGS WAS TRADED well a couple it was good news had to have something.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Toronto gets the lower 1st round pick in 2016, from either Denver or NY. From a previous trade, Denver has the option of switching picks with NY, if NY's 1st round pick in 2016 is higher than their own.
                              I think Knicks have right to protect pick even if its swap pick, don't they ?

Comment

• Anyone else really excited to see Novak "put on the belt" in the ACC?

Comment

Working...
                                X