X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Just say no to Sanders.

He is JR Smith level.

He failed 3 weed rests to earn that 5 game suspension.
    I am taking a gamble that we have developed a respected culture of accountability now, and Sanders is trying to dig himself off the team. But, if we get a good Sanders, who is willing to come off the bench as our second big I can live with it. I remember his pre-draft workout with Toronto and he was trying his best to try and get himself drafted by Toronto, saying we had the best practice/training facility he has been to and the like.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      I am taking a gamble that we have developed a respected culture of accountability now, and Sanders is trying to dig himself off the team. But, if we get a good Sanders, who is willing to come off the bench as our second big I can live with it. I remember his pre-draft workout with Toronto and he was trying his best to try and get himself drafted by Toronto, saying we had the best practice/training facility he has been to and the like.
      Maybe he just likes the weed up here.

I fully agree with Matt. Just say no to Sanders. It's more than a little gamble. It's an $11M a year gamble up to 2018.
      -For a guy who has had one good season in 4
      -For a guy who has off court issues
      -For a guy who actually has not exactly been injury free either
      -And finally, for a guy whose contract could be a serious hindrance in improving the team for another 4 years.

Totally not worth it.

Comment

• I fully expect Ujiri to address the backup C issue through the draft and not FA. We just need a big body who can play some D and that should be available for super cheap in the 2nd round (think a younger Jason Collins, I'm not expecting the moon). Sanders is paid way too much to be a big off the bench, and other than 6th man we shouldn't be spending too much on bench players. Plus it's all about preserving flexibility for 2016, and 2nd round picks on cheap 4 year deals fits the bill nicely.

Comment

• Trading from last place teams doesn't work. Usually they're last place for a reason

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Charlotte has some cap space...

But they have no lotto picks. They traded their pick. They are owed picks from Portland and Detroit. Portland's they should get, and it will be in the 20s. Detroit's is top 8 protected, and they sit as the 8th worst record, so that's probably staying in Detroit. Their own pick goes to Chicago.
            ohh yea thats right... but i believe having only the top 1 protected pick for 2015 from Detroit is much more valuable than say getting exactly the 9th pick in this years draft... and by the way Detroit situation looks.. its all the more appealing for other teams to snatch that pick off charlotte if they are willing to part with it for a star player. Ekhm "Kevin Love"

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
              ohh yea thats right... but i believe having only the top 1 protected pick for 2015 from Detroit is much more valuable than say getting exactly the 9th pick in this years draft... and by the way Detroit situation looks.. its all the more appealing for other teams to snatch that pick off charlotte if they are willing to part with it for a star player. Ekhm "Kevin Love"
              But a star player has to want to play in Charlotte. That's been a problem for them for ages (never really were able to retain stars over the long haul even as the Hornets).

Free agency this year is their most viable avenue for improvement. But again, even a non-star player who's a good player has to really want to go to Charlotte. Maybe they chase Deng. I don't know.

I don't see their position as particularly amazing. I don't see how they vault themselves upwards from the type of team they are now. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I really don't see it as an obvious possibility.
              -Most of their young talent is still kinda mediocre (what would MKG, Biyombo, Henderson or Zeller fetch on the market? I'd wager not much at least at the moment). Kemba has been the only standout.
              -They are in a pretty "meh" market to try and attract free agents, and I don't know how much of a spender Jordan wants to be (strikes me as a cheap bastard, but hey, who knows).
              -They have that one possibly good asset in the Detroit pick coming over next year or the year after....but if Detroit stays in the mediocrity treadmill, that could just be a pick in the mid-late lottery in a draft that may not be as good as this one (ie. 9 this year might be better than the pick they could get even if it's at 5 or 6 another year).

Comment

• Rivalry in the East are prob Wizards, Bobcats then Cavs, 76ers and Magic for the future. Heat, Pacers, BK, Atlanta and Bulls will need to rebuild sooner or later. Bucks, Pistons may suck for a while

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                  I think the no.9 would be more valuable. Good draft, lottery pick. Sure, the 2015 pick has a slim chance to be very high but a slim chance isn't something anyone would trade Kevin Love for.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Rivalry in the East are prob Wizards, Bobcats then Cavs, 76ers and Magic for the future. Heat, Pacers, BK, Atlanta and Bulls will need to rebuild sooner or later. Bucks, Pistons may suck for a while

Pacers are a young team. If they can overcome current chemistry issues and key players don't leave via free agency, they'll be around for a long while.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                      I think the no.9 would be more valuable. Good draft, lottery pick. Sure, the 2015 pick has a slim chance to be very high but a slim chance isn't something anyone would trade Kevin Love for.
                      Im not saying that pick alone would get the Love. but its more like a james Harden situation... our lottery pick to Houston sweeten the pot for OKC to pull the trigger.. pure speculation! but they are in a good position... not going to be a contender over this off season but surely they are moving up the standings in the East. Gotta respect them for what they did this year.

Comment

• Age is less a prob than luxury tax cap space small market.They already lost Granger and will need a SG PG to compete with Two max deals already. Slowly they will lose their bench as salaries creep.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't bet against Kobe if i were you He was averaging 27ppg last year.

As for free agents, they're rumoured to be interested in Deng. Melo, if he opts out could end up in LA. You never know.

I also have this weird feeling that the Lakers are going to win the lottery and draft Wiggins.
                          No one is questioning Kobe's ability to score when he's healthy, its his ability to stay healthy that seems less promising

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                            #fields4mvp
                            Yes
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Can we now stop the non sense about moving DD ?? We need to package Ross with our draft pick and some other assets for a real SF. This is what this team needs.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                                Can we now stop the non sense about moving DD ?? We need to package Ross with our draft pick and some other assets for a real SF. This is what this team needs.
                                Why can't we keep both and just use fields or something to guard the lebrons and kev durantulas of the league
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X