No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a few mock drafts for 2011, one predicted the Raptors taking Honeycutt with the 11th pick , another had us picking Kyrie Irving at 8 and Kyle Singler out of the top 10. The link won't open for me so I can't see what you've included so...

Comment

SIDE NOTE:

Gotta love that they've got Cory Joseph going possible lottery, and Tristan Thompson Top 25, as well.
      They've have been playing some solid ball for Texas and are repping Toronto with the best of em.

Once Myck Kabongo is ready, Colangelo NEEDS to do whatever it takes to acquire his rights.
      http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...7/myck-kabongo
      Dude can save this team single handedly, being a top Prospect (this link has him as No.2 PG in the country, but most have him No.1) AND him being from Toronto.

Comment

does it matter? isnt the nba going into lockdown?

Comment

RaptorsFTW12 wrote: View Post
          does it matter? isnt the nba going into lockdown?
          Thanks for the input. I appreciate what you bring to the discussion.

Comment

Underscores the importance of not trading for a SF; namely Iggy.

Comment

what happen to Kyrie Irving?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                SIDE NOTE:

Gotta love that they've got Cory Joseph going possible lottery, and Tristan Thompson Top 25, as well.
                They've have been playing some solid ball for Texas and are repping Toronto with the best of em.

Once Myck Kabongo is ready, Colangelo NEEDS to do whatever it takes to acquire his rights.
                http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...7/myck-kabongo
                Dude can save this team single handedly, being a top Prospect (this link has him as No.2 PG in the country, but most have him No.1) AND him being from Toronto.
                I like my point guards out of New York personally I wouldn't get too excited about this kid yet

Comment

@Kakashi

Well that site I listed above has him (Irving) going in 2012 actually. Which is interesting. He must be looking to play a second season at Duke? I say with Jose and Jarryd the PG position is a little further down the list of MUST FIX NOW problems, right now anyway.
                  A solid swingman in the draft is hard to find. Especially ones that contribute right away, but I think these three guys can all do some damage right away.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    I like my point guards out of New York personally I wouldn't get too excited about this kid yet
                    Most of the College Scouts are pretty excited about him, not sure it matters where you're from if you can play.

Comment

What do you guys think of the Brazilian C that they say is going to be picked by the heat #1 pick (28th overall) (which we own). He looks like he'd a great addition to this team but I don't like that they say he has a superstar attitude. Reminds of Ryan Leafs (NFL) ton of potential but his attitude made him the biggest bust in NFL history.

NBA Comparison: Tyson Chandler

Strengths: Brazil's next big basketball hope after Nene and Leandro Barbosa ... One of the most promising International players of the next generation ... At just 18 years of age, shows a great deal of potential ... An athletic specimen ... Shows tremendous length and great balance ... Runs the floor like a deer, makes quick moves. Can change directions quickly. Very springy ... A big time shot blocker using his length and leaping ability to be an eraser around the basket ... Excellent on the break where he uses his tremendous fluidity and speed to convert dunks ... Shows some offensive ability with a solid shooting touch and ability to knock down free throws ... Tremendous rebounder. Shows good hands.

Weaknesses: The big knock against Lucas "Bebe" is that he is lazy ... Sources around the team claim that he is a little bit difficult to deal with and already has a star's attitude ... Nothing can derail a promising career faster than a kid not willing to put the work in, so for Lucas, keeping his head on straight, continuing to work hard and focusing on his development is crucial if he's going to realize his vast potential ... Must continue to develop his upper body and overall strength ... Still extremely skinny. 200 lbs. Must bulk up, but shows wiry strength and should be able to add weight successfully without diminishing his agility ... Needs to keep developing his offensive game, prove himself against a high level of competition ...

Notes: Nickname is "Bebe" which translates to "baby" ... Also known as Lucas Riva ... Full Name is Lucas Riva Amarante Nogueira... Plays for Estudiantes in Spain. Was 2 blocks away from recording a triple double in his first game in San Antonio playing for Brazil against Puerto Rico (20p/12r/8b) ... Has 3 years left on his deal with Estudiantes ...
                      http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lucas-nogueira

Comment

How do you post videos? I want to get one up of that Perry Jones kid.. 6'11" with handles like a guard. We NEED him.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks we should be grooming Demar as our future SF?

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          What do you guys think of the Brazilian C that they say is going to be picked by the heat #1 pick (28th overall) (which we own). He looks like he'd a great addition to this team but I don't like that they say he has a superstar attitude. Reminds of Ryan Leafs (NFL) ton of potential but his attitude made him the biggest bust in NFL history.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lucas-nogueira
                          If I was GM, that "superstar attitude" would be the one thing that would prevent me from picking this kid. While it's totally possible that he could change, I wouldn't risk it, especially if it takes some years for him to grow up. Just look at Darko...only now are we seeing what he's been capable of after being labelled a bust for how many years?
                          Last edited by nubreed000; Fri Dec 31, 2010, 02:34 AM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                            Am I the only one that thinks we should be grooming Demar as our future SF?
                            No, BC thinks so too. And that's the problem!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Most of the College Scouts are pretty excited about him, not sure it matters where you're from if you can play.
                              it doesn't matter I was just playing. Canadians have a tendency to do well in high school disappear completely or do ok in college and if they make the league how long do they last? add on top of that, that there is more competetion at the point guard spot than any other position in the league. wait and see approach is probably the best thing for us to do.

Comment

Rick_Brunson_Fan wrote: View Post
                                No, BC thinks so too. And that's the problem!
                                isn't demar mostly playing SG for the Raptors? And why is that the problem? He's not at a size disadvantage at all against other SFs.

Comment

Working...
                                X