Colangelo Meeting with Team Tomorrow in Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Meeting with Team Tomorrow in Washington

Man, would I ever love to be in attendance for that meeting.

Those words won't be comforting to Colangelo, who is scheduled to meet the Raptors in Washington D.C. before Friday's game against the Wizards.
    Source - Click here

From the same article:

"We've got so much talent in this room and we just can't get guys to be on the same page for nothing," said Wright. "We just play basketball and we don't know what to expect from each other. There's no way you can win basketball games if guys are not going to be on the same page ... We're losing basketball games the same way every night and it's frustrating, because we've got so much talent in here."

There are players in the locker room who roll their eyes when Wright speaks, and certainly Jack hasn't been enough of a consistent force to be a beyond-reproach authority. But at least one veteran player skipped out on explaining the mess to the media on Wednesday, notably Hedo Turkoglu. Others, such as Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon, chose to offer zero insight.
    Interesting how Calderon, Bargs and Hedo have nothing to say... and than Wright, Jack and Bosh have plenty to say. I think we can see cliques forming on this team. I don't think there's much synergy on or off the court.

And what's Colangelo going to say that shouldn't be said by Triano?

"Days of our Raptors" or "As the Raptors Turn"? What do you think we should start calling the soap opera drama surrounding the team?
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu Dec 3, 2009, 02:28 PM.
    RR OG

Comment

We should call it "The Young And The Defenseless"
      http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

darkknight wrote: View Post
        we should call it "the young and the defenseless"
        lmfao

Comment

If we can sit at home and identify chemistry issues in the locker room, I'm sure Triano and Colangelo have noticed... or at least I can hope because it seems a lot of the benefit of doubt I gave them was rather baseless... anyways, if they are able to identify these issues then I'm certain that trades are being explored.

You simply can't fire Triano right now unless you've pretty much decided that the Raptors are entering the John Wall sweepstakes. I know he has flaws, but we saw that firing Mitchell last year resulted in no difference.

The problem is evidently the players lack of talent- sure its being utilized ineffectively by the coaching staff, but at the end of the day, you work with what you've been given- and considering Bargnani was the number one pick in the 06 draft and just received a pretty substantial pay increase, wouldn't the coaching staff be inclined to start him and persist on keeping him there so he can 'work out his kinks', eventhough its blatantly obvious that Amir Johnson is a better fit? Wouldt that be seen as rebelling against the GM?

Comment

abstract, I think we have gotten much worse under Jay.

I don't think Jay would have been able to get the Garbajosa team to the playoffs.

Comment

I agree with trizzo. Sam was treated unfairly by the fans. He may have not been the best x's and o's coach but he would not tolerate the kind of crap that is allowed under Jay Triano. Colangelo better walk in there and kick some asses because his marsh mellow coach certainly isn't going to do it.

Comment

trizzo wrote: View Post
                abstract, I think we have gotten much worse under Jay.

I don't think Jay would have been able to get the Garbajosa team to the playoffs.
                Yeah I think you're right actually... but my point is not that Triano isn't a problem, its that he isn't the problem. Simply replacing him doesn't mean we're addressing Jose and Bargs bad d...

If Triano goes, other pieces must go with him... or else we're just blowing this team up for no other reason than to simply make a statement.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Sam was treated unfairly by the fans. He may have not been the best x's and o's coach but he would not tolerate the kind of crap that is allowed under Jay Triano.
                  I can't believe that Raps fans are 'dire' enough to become Smitch apologists!!!

Comment

I agree with trizzo. Sam was treated unfairly by the fans. He may have not been the best x's and o's coach but he would not tolerate the kind of crap that is allowed under Jay Triano. Colangelo better walk in there and kick some asses because his marsh mellow coach certainly isn't going to do it.
                    Don't want to turn this into a Mitchell vs Triano debate by any means, but Mitchell got totally exposed during the playoff series against the Magic... then got out-classed by Lawrence Frank in that OT disaster against the Nets early in the season where VC hit two buzzer beaters - which some say was the turning point... and the embarrassment in Denver was a clear indication of not being able to squeeze out effort with his approach.

I'll admit I treated Sam unfairly and in hindsight I think that was probably a little clouded, but you're giving him more credit than he deserves. Sure, he didn't tolerate 'crap' and that resulted in players like Bosh, Calderon and Villanueva to thrive but the team tuned him out eventually and Bosh openly criticized his strategies and rotations during the Orlando series. Do I have to mention Jason Kapono? Magically he seems to stick to the 3pt line in Philly.

Mitchell and Triano are equally bad... different approaches, same results. If you combine the good attributes of both coaches, you get Butch Carter
                    Last edited by abstract; Fri Dec 4, 2009, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Let's review what I said again. To paraphrase, I said Sam would not tolerate the team giving up on defense like what is happening to Jay Triano. How on earth is that me giving him too much credit? I am fully aware of Sam's history, thanks for the lesson but I really was fine. FYI, Kapono is a one dimensional waste of space.

When Sam was coach they were a team who managed to keep their head above water most of the time. Immediately after Jay took over the team looked like a train wreck and has never recovered...So, no, they're not "equally bad". Sam, former COY, will get another head coaching gig, when Jay gets fired this is it for him.

verbatim wrote: View Post
                      I can't believe that Raps fans are 'dire' enough to become Smitch apologists!!!
                      Not sure where the apology is in that post I made but I was not in favor of Jay taking over right from the get go...
                      Last edited by Apollo; Fri Dec 4, 2009, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Let's review what I said again. To paraphrase, I said Sam would not tolerate the team giving up on defense like what is happening to Jay Triano. How on earth is that me giving him too much credit? I am fully aware of Sam's history, thanks for the lesson but I really was fine. FYI, Kapono is a one dimensional waste of space.

When Sam was coach they were a team who managed to keep their head above water most of the time. Immediately after Jay took over the team looked like a train wreck and has never recovered...So, no, they're not "equally bad". Sam, former COY, will get another head coaching gig, when Jay gets fired this is it for him.

Not sure where the apology is in that post I made but I was not in favor of Jay taking over right from the get go...
                        LOL dude I'm not trying to stir up an argument about whether Sam is better than Triano...this notion that Mitchell's hard-nosed attitude got the best out of his players is a little distorted and the facts are right there. If you think all was well when the team was 8-8 last year, I would disagree.

Regardless, if you think Mitchell was better- that's cool. I can respect that... I don't exactly see a point in debating over whether we should have fired him or not. Let's get over the fact that he's not coming back.

Regarding Kapono, I think you misinterpreted my point because him being one dimensional was precisely what I meant.

Comment

abstract wrote: View Post
                          LOL dude I'm not trying to stir up an argument about whether Sam is better than Triano...this notion that Mitchell's hard-nosed attitude got the best out of his players is a little distorted and the facts are right there. If you think all was well when the team was 8-8 last year, I would disagree.
                          I don't remember saying he got the best out of players but I know I said if he were coach they would not give up on defense like they do for Jay.

Comment

Working...
                          X