Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanter is currently training in Chicago and Ford is there today to check him out.

Via Chad Ford's Twitter Account:

"Kanter looked great. Tough. Great shooter. Skilled. Showed some leaping ability. In great shape. Feeling good about our Top 3 projection."

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

Also, a Al Horford comparison is a much bigger compliment in my eyes then an Al Jefferson. I have a feeling that Kanter is going to be a solid player in the NBA...but if he could end up being somewhere between the two of them (of even up to or beyond Horford) then we have a great player on our hands.

But beyond Kyrie, I don't know who fits our team better then Kanter. And even in terms of best player available...not sure who I would give the nod to between Kanter and Williams.
    Last edited by Shantz; Thu May 12, 2011, 12:35 PM.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
      Kanter is currently training in Chicago and Ford is there today to check him out.

"Kanter looked great. Tough. Great shooter. Skilled. Showed some leaping ability. In great shape. Feeling good about our Top 3 projection."

Also, a Al Horford comparison is a much bigger compliment in my eyes then an Al Jefferson. I have a feeling that Kanter is going to be a solid player in the NBA...but if he could end up being somewhere between the two of them (of even up to or beyond Horford) then we have a great player on our hands.

But beyond Kyrie, I don't know who fits our team better then Kanter. And even in terms of best player available...not sure who I would give the nod to between Kanter and Williams.
      +1

My only addition to the comparison to Horford would be a bigger Horford - about an inch and, at 18, already 15 pounds (after losing weight).

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
        Kanter is currently training in Chicago and Ford is there today to check him out.

I agree. I would go Kanter over Williams at this time, as I am still leery of Williams' ability to ultimately defend the 3 in the NBA.

Comment

• If Ed Davis follows through on his promise to add 15-20lbs of muscle over the off-season then Williams could play the 4 and you need no worry about it.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
            Well I hope he develops as you've planned as Jefferson is an accomplished NBA player who's had scoring seasons as high as 23ppg. Although on a bad team at the time, he's proven himself and his scoring abilities at the highest level of competition.

Let's see what you got Enes cause your getting some hefty comparisons right now.
            Al Jefferson was the 15th pick in a pretty mediocre draft, and was about the same age as Kanter is right now. I don't think anyone is saying that Kanter will be averaging 23 ppg, but the fact is that Kanter's offensive game has some similarities to Jefferson's. To say we have no idea what Kanter's game is like is false. We've seen he can hit with range and that he's got good footwork in the post. We obviously don't know how that translates to the NBA, but that's the whole gamble with drafting players. Some work out and some don't.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• What's interesting is looking back at draft express, they had projected Ed Davis to be a more talented Udonis Haslem potential Horford type player. And now Kanter being compared to a bigger Horford.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                I agree. I would go Kanter over Williams at this time, as I am still leery of Williams' ability to ultimately defend the 3 in the NBA.
                I have more questions about Williams than Kanter, despite Williams having a monster college year. I think he's simply too short to play PF, in the NBA, and I agree about his ability to defend the 3. If he can, great, but if he can't, then I see him as a Glen Robinson-type player, who might put up some nice numbers, but is too one-dimensional to have a great impact.

Kanter is more of an unknown, but I see fewer downsides with him. He's big, strong, has scoring ability and is a good enough defender that I think he'll have a good, long career.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  If Ed Davis follows through on his promise to add 15-20lbs of muscle over the off-season then Williams could play the 4 and you need no worry about it.
                  I think ED would need more than 15-20 pounds to play the C. Given the nature of the NBA these days, I do agree with Colangelo's statement of guards, wings, and bigs - especially the bigs. If Davis added 15-20 and Kanter was drafted, I do very much like that front court - especially with a healthy Amir coming off the bench.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I think ED would need more than 15-20 pounds to play the C.
                    Joakim Noah is around that size (Ed with 20lbs of extra muscle). He looks to be holding his own.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    If Davis added 15-20 and Kanter was drafted, I do very much like that front court - especially with a healthy Amir coming off the bench.
                    Me too. That's a great look for the future.

Comment

• if we are making comparisons I see

derrick williams as Corliss Williamson
                      enes kanter as Timofey Mozgov
                      kyrie irving as tru holiday
                      kenneth faried as ben wallace
                      kemba as brevin knight
                      terrence jones as jamal mashburn
                      reggie jackson as part Chauncey Billups part rafer alston

Comment

• Kemba is a lot more aggressive than Brev was.

Comment

• i love brevin knights game but at the nba level i think kemba will run into the same issues with his height

Comment

• the more i look at the point guards in this draft the more i think it will be a deep point guard draft charles jenkins and reggie jackson are making me think why waste a early draft pick on irving (wishes I had synergy )

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              i love brevin knights game but at the nba level i think kemba will run into the same issues with his height
                              But people were saying the thing about Ty Lawson. And look at what he's doing in Denver.

He is listed at 5'-11" on the UNC webpage. Also listed at 5'-11" on NBA.com.
                              Kemba is listed at 6-1 on UConns page. Most places have him at 6' or 6'-1".

He put up more Points and grabbed more boards than Ty Lawson as a Junior, while basically putting up the same Assist numbers as Sophomores. As a Junior, where he still averaged a respectable 4.5apg (to Ty's 6.6apg) was asked to do the majority of the offensive lifting, while still running the offence.

I don't think his height is going to be an issue. At all. These guys have learned to adjust because of being slightly shorter (Kemba isn't THAT short) their entire lives. If he can be THAT dynamic for a Championship team, I think he will be more than alright in the NBA.

ADD I don't think the words 'dynamic' or 'explosive' were EVER used to describe Knights game. haha Kemba is all kinds of dynamite.

ADD Ty Lawson UNC Stats Page

Kemba Walker UConn Stats page.

Whoa.. forgot this was an Enes Kanter thread... my bad. haha
                              Last edited by Joey; Thu May 12, 2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• yeah add me in the "Kanter over Williams" club.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X