There's a reason why DeRozan never gets any call from the officials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I was just kidding. i dont think i can handle another full on rebuild. Id keep JV, Ross as well. Davis, depends. The way he's improved this year, i think he can still improve further and add more to his game. I used to think his ceiling was Amir, but now, he may potentially be somewhat of a Duncan type player. Lanky, with a good perimeter shot but also slithery down low. I said depends because if he's not playing alongside a strong SF who can pull the double team away from him, i dont think it will work.

Im still hoping Lowry rounds up to form as well. He gets a free pass this year being injured most of last year and coming to a struggling team with no roles defined and no identity is a difficult situation to adjust to. Plus the fact that he's new, and he's dealing with 4-5 players who are new to the team as well. Ill save my judgement for next year.
    Next year might be too late for Lowry. He'd be more valuable now because he still has 1.5 years left on a cheap contract.

Come next year's trade deadline, Lowry's a few months away from a big pay raise.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Next year might be too late for Lowry. He'd be more valuable now because he still has 1.5 years left on a cheap contract.

Come next year's trade deadline, Lowry's a few months away from a big pay raise.
      You think they should get rid of him now?

Comment

I would at least explore the option and find out what his trade value is, both alone and as part of a package. His defense hasn't looked much better than Calderon's, his offense has been inconsistent and his attitude at times has appeared to be Bayless-esque. Plus, he's a shoot-first PG, which isn't my personal prefence in a starting PG, so I'm biased right off the bat.

Comment

No, no....just acknowledging that we might get better pieces for him today, than 12 months from now.

Personally, I'm torn on Lowry. When he's played well, he's played REALLY well (but as a #1 option in an Allen Iverson type role). I'm not sure if that's the type of PG I want when building a team from scratch.

On the other hand, he pretty much had to take on that Iverson role since we have very few other weapons on this roster.

Comment

Like anyone on any team that depends on the return.

There are going to be some decent experienced PG's on the market this summer that should be available for fairly cheap (assuming BC is not handing out the contract). Then it should be considered that there are 3-4 promising PG's in the draft.

Outside of JV and Ross, Lowry is the only current Raptor to give me pause on what to do with.

Comment

No, no....just acknowledging that we might get better pieces for him today, than 12 months from now.

Personally, I'm torn on Lowry. When he's played well, he's played REALLY well (but as a #1 option in an Allen Iverson type role). I'm not sure if that's the type of PG I want when building a team from scratch.

On the other hand, he pretty much had to take on that Iverson role since we have very few other weapons on this roster.
              Ditto.

Comment

It could also be a domino-effect type of position.

Say the Raps look at trading Bargnani and/or Calderon to the Lakers or to Minnesota (either direct or 3-way with Lakers), for example. It's very likely that one/both of those teams would like to unload a PG in return (Blake/Duhon from LA, Ridnour likely from MIN).

The Raps could then look to trade Lowry in a seperate deal to address a weakness at another position (ie: SF), if they think that the PG(s) coming back in the Bargnani/Calderon deal would be adequate enough to act as a stop-gap solution for a year or two.

That's why it's tricky looking at any single trade in a vacuum, especially if there are many moving parts on multiple ongoing possible trade fronts.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I would at least explore the option and find out what his trade value is, both alone and as part of a package. His defense hasn't looked much better than Calderon's, his offense has been inconsistent and his attitude at times has appeared to be Bayless-esque. Plus, he's a shoot-first PG, which isn't my personal prefence in a starting PG, so I'm biased right off the bat.
                  Oh i agree, of course if we can get an upgrade then by all means

But i think it has more to do with role definition. im feeling he's still confused as to what his role is on this team. to facilitate, score, etc. At times i think he's opting to pass rather that shoot fearing he's going to get subbed out by Calderon. I was watching the Sixers game against the Spurs, and one timeout Collins pulled Jrue aside and said something to the effect of, its time for you to take over, youre a superstar in this league, this is your team now, do what it takes. seriously, i was teary eyed, gay as it may sound but that was a moment. Lowry's at the stage of his career where a coach needs to defined what his role is. everybody knows how good he is, he needs to be put in the right spot.

Comment

Very true. So with all this to account for, would it be worth it to see what he can do next year, without Calderon?

Shoot, sorry for making this into a Lowry thread.

But going back to the OP, Id package Demar rather than Lowry.
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Very true. So with all this to account for, would it be worth it to see what he can do next year, without Calderon?

Shoot, sorry for making this into a Lowry thread.

But going back to the OP, Id package Demar rather than Lowry.
                      Tough to say (glad I'm not running this team). But I might be more inclined to find a PG through the draft.

Comment

Tough to say (glad I'm not running this team). But I might be more inclined to find a PG through the draft.
                        Fair enough.

Comment

Meh not concerned Demar will turn it around. I honestly believe that him going to another team would be a uge mistake.

Comment

He needs lessons from Vince Carter, just drive, don't settle for these leaning double pump jump shots at the end of regulation.

Comment

Working...
                            X