Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We Done With The Euro-Centric Drafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    Wait...I'm confused. Which one is Hoffa?
    If Hoffa were drafted in the early 80s, he would have been a basketball god.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      I'd take Derrick Williams over Terrence Jones anyday, thats just my opinion.
      Derrick Williams is a power forward.....how many do you want on the team?
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        Let's be honest, there are no 7'0 athletic centers that can play game changing defense coming out of the euro league this year.
        Are there any from the US? Not in this draft.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Have people not heard of Noguiera? He's Noah 2.0.

Seriously, I'm getting more and more pessimistic about this draft, outside of Irving anyone else would be riding a Raptors bench.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
            I mentioned that because someone brought up enes kanter. He would basically be a PF or undersized center in the NBA and their are better defenders coming out of the NCAA at his size and position. Plus we have Davis I.E there is nothing coming out of euro league for us
            I completely disagree. If Kanter's knees are healthy, he's possibly the player best suited to the Raptors and the player who is the perfect match to both Amir and Davis. Every weakness Davis and Johnson have are strengths for Kanter. He's a brute, strong physical presence who can defend the bigger, stronger post guys. He's a good scorer who can score inside and out. He's a strong defensive rebounder, as opposed to a strong offensive rebounder, as is the case of Johnson and Davis.

Both Davis and Johnson are good shotblockers, so should really be paired with a center that is a better positional defender, which Kanter is.

As for him being undersized, from what I gather he's 6'11 but with a reach of over 7 feet. And he's only 18, so there's a chance he's still growing. I'd say he's plenty big enough.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              Derrick Williams is a power forward.....how many do you want on the team?
              Look for Williams to play ALOT of SF when he makes the jump. I'm not saying we should take him, I'm just sayin, I see alot of teams looking at more as a 3 than a 4.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                Have people not heard of Noguiera? He's Noah 2.0.

Seriously, I'm getting more and more pessimistic about this draft, outside of Irving anyone else would be riding a Raptors bench.
                Are you talking about that incredibly raw Brazilian guy who apparently has some "focus" issues? How on earht is he anything like Noah?
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Are you talking about that incredibly raw Brazilian guy who apparently has some "focus" issues? How on earht is he anything like Noah?
                  People thought that Noah would only be a good NCAA player, since his game is incredibly limited. Noguiera is a raw 18 year old, I'm high on the kid as the best center in the draft.

Kanter's knees are too much of a problem for the Raptors to gamble a top 5 pick on him.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

stinks of Hoffa 2.0

does he have a snoopy tattoo?

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      stinks of Hoffa 2.0

does he have a snoopy tattoo?
                      Actually, the kid is super athletic. Check some youtube video of him. He is RAW as they come but he does some things you can't teach.

Comment

No offense but this is a dumb thread and some research needs to be done before you group all european (or international) players' defence on par with Bargs.

Noah, Batum, and Kirilenko are some of the best defenders out there. Kanter is the biggest banger in the draft. He has knee issues, but that's for the Dr's to figure out. Just look at Blair.

I would be little more worried about Jonas Valanciunas.

Turkey has been producing some solid bigs out there lately. Did you watch the worlds? Asik and Erden are gonna be good. Iilyasova is solid.

You mentioned the Araujo draft. Hell yeah it was terrible. Is it cause he was Brazilian? Come on man! How would you rate Nene, Tiago and Verajao?

You take the best player available. Period.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          No offense but this is a dumb thread and some research needs to be done before you group all european (or international) players' defence on par with Bargs.

Noah, Batum, and Kirilenko are some of the best defenders out there. Kanter is the biggest banger in the draft. He has knee issues, but that's for the Dr's to figure out. Just look at Blair.

Turkey has been producing some solid bigs out there lately. Did you watch the worlds? Asik and Erden are gonna be good. Iilyasova is solid.

You mentioned the Araujo draft. Hell yeah it was terrible. Is it cause he was Brazilian? Come on man! How would you rate Nene, Tiago and Verajao?

in short...

we need more honkies.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Actually, the kid is super athletic. Check some youtube video of him. He is RAW as they come but he does some things you can't teach.
                            I remember the same thing being said of Schortsanitis, Johan Petro, Martynas Andriuskevicius, Mouhamed Sene, Patrick O'Bryant, Hilton Armstrong and countless others. Unfortunately, they all suck in the NBA. You know they other thing you can't teach? Basketball IQ. Noah's got it.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post

I agree. The only thing that worries me about Valanciunas is how he fits beside Davis and Johnson. With those three guys, the Raptors would be long, but VERY skinny up front. They'll be getting beaten up for years down low by the big strong front lines, like Chicago.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I completely disagree. If Kanter's knees are healthy, he's possibly the player best suited to the Raptors and the player who is the perfect match to both Amir and Davis. Every weakness Davis and Johnson have are strengths for Kanter. He's a brute, strong physical presence who can defend the bigger, stronger post guys. He's a good scorer who can score inside and out. He's a strong defensive rebounder, as opposed to a strong offensive rebounder, as is the case of Johnson and Davis.

Both Davis and Johnson are good shotblockers, so should really be paired with a center that is a better positional defender, which Kanter is.

As for him being undersized, from what I gather he's 6'11 but with a reach of over 7 feet. And he's only 18, so there's a chance he's still growing. I'd say he's plenty big enough.
                                are you taking into consideration that he may have looked better than he is because the US team went in there with fitness centers not bangers? I think the US played lamar odom at center at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X