The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
    I dunno, he is a transfer, but he had already graduated so he didn't have to redshirt, so not sure!
    He had? I know nothing about NCAA eligibility rules...but graduated players can play? huh?

Comment

• I didn't realize he's that old...No wonder he plays like a man amongst boys. 2nd rounder maybe?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        He had? I know nothing about NCAA eligibility rules...but graduated players can play? huh?
        Yeah you can play immediately if you have already graduated

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          I didn't realize he's that old...No wonder he plays like a man amongst boys. 2nd rounder maybe?
          Has to do with years of eligibility so if you red-shirt a year and transfer schools (can't play for a year) you could stretch it out for sure...

Back in the day, I remember this OLD guy who got a D1 scholarship from my neck of the woods. He was scouted a few years after high school, and somehow he still was eligible for a scholarship. I was probably 15 or 16 and that guy had to be 6-10 older than me. I was mad confused. Swore that guy had grey hair in his beard...

Comment

• Probably a smart move. He probably is getting more exposure than if he was in the D-League, and probably has better travel (planes vs buses), women (groupies versus what horrible things are fans of d-leaguers)... not a bad deal.

Comment

• A bit of an unknown....but Delon Wright might be worth looking into.

6'5" PG, 180 pounds

15.5 ppg on 66% shooting!!!! 5 assists to 2 TOs, 7 rebounds, gets to the line well, 2.5 steals per game...not the greatest 3 pt shooter at 26%...but that is one hell of a smart looking stat sheet. Plays for Utah. Definitely second round steal material.

ESPN stats

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...6/delon-wright

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                A bit of an unknown....but Delon Wright might be worth looking into.

6'5" PG, 180 pounds

15.5 ppg on 66% shooting!!!! 5 assists to 2 TOs, 7 rebounds, gets to the line well, 2.5 steals per game...not the greatest 3 pt shooter at 26%...but that is one hell of a smart looking stat sheet. Plays for Utah. Definitely second round steal material.

ESPN stats

Dorell Wright's little brother...interesting.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  A bit of an unknown....but Delon Wright might be worth looking into.

6'5" PG, 180 pounds

ESPN stats

Hows he shooting 66% ahah damn! I wish he could shoot it like his bro Dorell
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, it's hard talking about drafting in the 18-22 range, because not only is it less sexy, but there's far less concensus about how to rank players at that point, and it's far more difficult at this point to say who will be available and who will opt in or out.
                    With less consensus then there should be lots to debate

In all seriousness though, lots of options to discuss means there should be no shortage of players to talk about and look at. The example of Delon Wright is a good one. Never heard of him before, but now I'm looking to see what he is about and whether he's worthy of the Raps draft pick. Sure, these guys are never going to get discussed in the same detail as Wiggins/Parker/ etc, but that's what the draft is in the 20+ range, finding guys under the radar.

I'd argue that the Raps best draft pick in history was Mo Pete. Drafted 21st overall. Fantastic value for the 21st pick. Sure VC and Bosh were better players, but they were lottery picks.

Draft Express has Zach Lavine as an early 2nd rounder, which would seem to be great value.

Noah Vonleh has been linked anywhere from 8th to 16th (currently) but he's a guy I'd trade up for (into the teens). Fantastic work ethic and a gym rat. Reminds me of KD in terms of how much this kid just loves being in the gym on the court.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Embiid has overtaken Wiggins for the first time as number one on Chad Ford's big board. I don't disagree with it. Ford goes by what NBA scouts tell him not necessarily his personal picks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft

Comment

• Ennis getting some ESPN love ... featured on the front page...
                        http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...elite-freshmen

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Draft Express has Zach Lavine as an early 2nd rounder, which would seem to be great value.
                          I noticed this as well. Lavine has a very NBA usable skill set and some freak athleticism. I would be happy to pick him up

Comment

• http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/bas...-converge.html

Wiggins for some reasons always gets compared to DeRozan. Maybe i'm missing something but i don't see the comparison except that they're both very athletic.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DD's athleticism is no where close to Wiggins...I don't see that comparison either.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                Embiid has overtaken Wiggins for the first time as number one on Chad Ford's big board. I don't disagree with it. Ford goes by what NBA scouts tell him not necessarily his personal picks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft
                                aaaaaand ou will find me, somewhere in Nov/Dec endorsing this very thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X