Happy Tradaversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Tradaversary!

Really?! It's just been one year? Hard to believe. There is certainly a lot of growth left for this franchise but how many teams can look at one single trade that took them (intentionally or not) from lottery hopeful to conference champion contender in one year? A draft pick or free agent? Maybe (you could answer Lebron for both). But I can't think of a similar trade. There have been some big moments since (Lowry signing) and there will likely be some more but if the Raptors go on to anything notable in the next 5-10 years, you have to say the turning point was one year ago today. Kind of ironic that we are playing the Nuggets.

BTW..if you're bored today...there are many old threads that got completely hijacked by the deal. It's funny to go back and look at some of those with hindsight.
    Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Dec 8, 2014, 12:58 PM.

Same day we ruined Kobe's return by beating his team 106-94. Amir was huge.

Comment

December 8th, 2014: the day the pro tankers rejoiced, said I told you so and settled in with a smile, cup of tea and comfort in knowing they got to watch a couple years of blowout losses.

December 9th, 2014: the day kyle lowry and company said "fuck that"
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's also Jim Morrisons birthday! And John Lennon and Dimebag Darrell's death-day! Totally unrelated but a lot of stuff I care about has happened on December 8th. Weird.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          It's also Jim Morrisons birthday! And John Lennon and Dimebag Darrell's death-day! Totally unrelated but a lot of stuff I care about has happened on December 8th. Weird.
          Dimebag Darrell? Lol sounds like a character from the friday movies.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Dimebag Darrell? Lol sounds like a character from the friday movies.
            The guitarist for Pantera! Guy was shot to death on stage while ripping a solo. He is one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

The guitarist for Pantera! Guy was shot to death on stage while ripping a solo. He is one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time.
              Thats crazy! I will read more on this now.

Comment

Had one of those in mind when I wrote this. Thought it would be good to give December 8th a better memory

Comment

What was the anniversary of the Bargnani trade? That seemed to be the 1st domino to fall.

We spent years arguing both here, and on the main page, that this team cannot win games with Bargnani and Calderon playing heavy minutes. Low and behold, the first full season they're gone, we win the division. lol.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    What was the anniversary of the Bargnani trade? That seemed to be the 1st domino to fall.

We spent years arguing both here, and on the main page, that this team cannot win games with Bargnani and Calderon playing heavy minutes. Low and behold, the first full season they're gone, we win the division. lol.
                    July 2013

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Maybe the 1st domino (although I guess Masai being hired is the first) but we played poorly before and played poorly after

Comment

I told people that Tank Nation wouldn't happen. GV was too good, as was PP. I knew it gave us depth. What I was scared about was Salmons. I thought he would start.....
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          I told people that Tank Nation wouldn't happen. GV was too good, as was PP. I knew it gave us depth. What I was scared about was Salmons. I thought he would start.....
                          There should be a ban cuz even reading Salmons name scares me. From now on, lets call him, "the one who shall not be named" mainly cuz just the idea of him as a Raptor is possibly the worst nightmare.

Comment

Yeah, there's no way ujiri just had "tank" in mind. He saw the addition by subtraction in trading iso gay, and theres no bringing back all those quality pieces (above average backup pg, above average backup big) would have made us a lot worse.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                              There should be a ban cuz even reading Salmons name scares me. From now on, lets call him, "the one who shall not be named" mainly cuz just the idea of him as a Raptor is possibly the worst nightmare.
                              Saying stuff like that just makes the name more scary. Voldemort isn't that terrible a name....
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                              X