Playoffs are statistically unlikely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs are statistically unlikely

punching up the old numbers on the calculator. Raps will need to go 40 for 20 or roughly 666% for the rest of the season in order to finish around 500 and have a shot at 8th.

having said that we are long overdue for a 60 game win streak
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Raps need to go 36-27 (.571) to finish with 40 wins.

No small feat given this roster. Through 19 games, we're playing .210 ball, lol.

Comment

its possible, the schedule does get a little easier for us and with Pau Gasol coming over December 15th we are bound to get better
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

no shit huh?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          its possible, the schedule does get a little easier for us and with Pau Gasol coming over December 15th we are bound to get better
          Done deal!

Its heating up pretty good tho.

What i dont understand from Kupchak is why is he saying that he wants to see first how Nash and Gasol will play together when in reality that is not the issue. The issue is the inability of Gasol and Howard to co-exist. Gasol is not a PnR recipient. Howard is.

Gasol gets trade before Xmas be it with the Raps or not. Kupchak is a two-faced liar.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
            Done deal!

What i dont understand from Kupchak is why is he saying that he wants to see first how Nash and Gasol will play together when in reality that is not the issue. The issue is the inability of Gasol and Howard to co-exist. Gasol is not a PnR recipient. Howard is.

Gasol gets trade before Xmas be it with the Raps or not. Kupchak is a two-faced liar.
            And one of the best GM's in the game.

Comment

Done deal!

would you have done any differently if you had to choose between Gasol and Howard?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                And one of the best GM's in the game.
                I'm not too sold on that. He has Kobe and the reputation of the city and the Lakers behind him.

If he can manage to turn the Raptors into a Lakers franchise, then I'm sold.

Comment

It's every man for himself time. Again.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                    would you have done any differently if you had to choose between Gasol and Howard?
                    I'd end the experiment as fast as i can. Let Howard work the inside and stop all the experiment nonsense.

Comment

I'm not too sold on that. He has Kobe and the reputation of the city and the Lakers behind him.

If he can manage to turn the Raptors into a Lakers franchise, then I'm sold.
                      I give credit where due and I think Kupchak deserves a lot of credit.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I give credit where due and I think Kupchak deserves a lot of credit.
                        No doubt about it. Im not disputing the fact that Kupchak made those trades happen. But his job is definitely a bit easier compared to, say, BCs. Good players are asking to be traded to the Lakers. That is good foundation to make trades happen. No good player has ever requested for a trade to Toronto. Thats the difference.

Comment

Kupchak is average. He's no Isiah, but he's not even close to the Popovich / Buford dynamic duo.

He has the most desired market in the league for players, he has ridiculous TV money coming in that allows him to laugh in the face of the CBA, and he's had Kobe Bryant for the past 15 years.

LA is the Manchester City basketball, most of the other teams are stuck trying to be Arsenal.

Comment

No doubt about it. Im not disputing the fact that Kupchak made those trades happen. But his job is definitely a bit easier compared to, say, BCs. Good players are asking to be traded to the Lakers. That is good foundation to make trades happen. No good player has ever requested for a trade to Toronto. Thats the difference.
                            No doubt LA has appeal but that is what winning does for a franchise.

The Clippers also reside in LA and no one wanted to go there for years until CP3 arrived.

Comment

Done deal!

IMO the reason They said that is just to keep everything hush hush and not cause a problem between nash and management before a trade happens. SO at this point nash thinks " okay at least we can try things out before we decide". But i think Kupchak already knows gasol is gone. Same thing with the early trade rumour sugguesting Raptors were trying to trade for gasol but no include Bargnani. Thats all just to save face incase a trade for bargnani doesnt actually happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X