DeRozan is the 2nd best SG in the East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Last year our 8th seed had a better record than their 9th.
    Hmm touche .. Shit haha

But my point being is that its not a rarity for the West teams to hold an advantage over the East. I remember the year it took 48 wins in the West to make the Playoffs. Same year it took like 38 in the East.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Hmm touche .. Shit haha

But my point being is that its not a rarity for the West teams to hold an advantage over the East. I remember the year it took 48 wins in the West to make the Playoffs. Same year it took like 38 in the East.
      Which is a reversal from the '90's when it was the opposite.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Hmm touche .. Shit haha

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Which is a reversal from the '90's when it was the opposite.
        I think we're going to see the East get better again. Indiana, Detroit, Toronto, Phili are all up and comers and the Bulls, knicks and Heat are going to be at the top for a long time.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Funny people complain about the Derozan signing despite the highly arguable assertion discussed here that he is among the very best at his position in the East. Though some hate to admit it, Toronto's future doesn't look half bad at all.

Comment

Beagle wrote: View Post
            Funny people complain about the Derozan signing despite the highly arguable assertion discussed here that he is among the very best at his position in the East. Though some hate to admit it, Toronto's future doesn't look half bad at all.
            At the time of the contract signing he had not shown to be worth it and it is debatable if he is worth it now but luckily there is another season before it kicks in. The issue is one of leverage and flexibility which Colangelo threw away.

The flilp side to Toronto's future not looking half bad is it only looks half good. Mediocrity is the number one concern moving forward - at least for me.

Comment

But the club seems to be on the verge of contending for dominance at the positions of PG, SG and C while maintaining significant depth in the roster and a balance of offensive and defensive prowess. This approach would seem to me to be the best for a "small market" team like Toronto.

The SF position is a problem, but once it is fixed and JV + TR mature this could predictably become a contending franchise.

I don't think DeRozan's worthiness was all that un-demonstrated. Most of his stats have been steadily improving since the start of his career. He's never been as bad as people on this forum have fantasized him to be. Yeah, he can be a bit of a klutz sometimes, but he's young and shows some innate genius with his body. He's been a better than average SG for a long time on a rookie scale contract. He's been just great for the franchise. And, as some have pointed out, it pays in the long run for the franchise to show good faith to long-term players that give their best and have potential. Otherwise, even fewer talents will agree to come here.

Comment

Beagle wrote: View Post
                But the club seems to be on the verge of contending for dominance at the positions of PG, SG and C while maintaining significant depth in the roster and a balance of offensive and defensive prowess. This approach would seem to me to be the best for a "small market" team like Toronto.

The SF position is a problem, but once it is fixed and JV + TR mature this could predictably become a contending franchise.

I don't think DeRozan's worthiness was all that un-demonstrated. Most of his stats have been steadily improving since the start of his career. He's never been as bad as people on this forum have fantasized him to be. Yeah, he can be a bit of a klutz sometimes, but he's young and shows some innate genius with his body. He's been a better than average SG for a long time on a rookie scale contract. He's been just great for the franchise. And, as some have pointed out, it pays in the long run for the franchise to show good faith to long-term players that give their best and have potential. Otherwise, even fewer talents will agree to come here.
                If Ross and JV becomes All-Stars and the Raps get a legit, above average starting SF then there we are near contenders.... is that all? lol

As for DD, he has been an one dimensional scorer and inefficient at that for his career. He has shown improvement this year but he still has a way to go - that is just my opinion - but I do think much more of him now than before the contract was signed. The last few games he has held the ball higher and carried the ball like a football RB when driving to the rim - that alone is going to add a lot more to his game. Rebounding is better. Still brutal on defense - no if's and's or but's about it.

Comment

Working...
                X