Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    His D is also pretty bad. I mean, he can shoot, and he's a decent PG. But yeah, he's an acceptable option mostly because better fits are not there.
    They're looking for a back up right and they've already got a defensive PG who can't score.

Of those remaining on FA and who Raps might actually have a shot at getting, I like Udrih best.

Comment

• (In my opinion) teams that want to grow don't sign those old dudes but look for the likes of Beverly. Regardless of how crappy the market seems to be, there are more like him out there; players with upside instead if on the dying end of their career.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        (In my opinion) teams that want to grow don't sign those old dudes but look for the likes of Beverly. Regardless of how crappy the market seems to be, there are more like him out there; players with upside instead if on the dying end of their career.
        That is a good point.

Don't the Raptors have that in Stone?

What happens if Lowry goes down? Would you rather unproven starting PG or experience?

**BTW, not being snarky. Sincere questions which I could debate either way**

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          They're looking for a back up right and they've already got a defensive PG who can't score.

Of those remaining on FA and who Raps might actually have a shot at getting, I like Udrih best.
          Not me. I think I prefer AJ Price. He had a solid year. Decent enough long range shot (admittedly shit overall FG%). Decent defensive player. Can get out and push the pace. Solid assist to turnover ratio. Just think he fits with what the Raptors are trying to do.

Comment

That is a good point.

What happens if Lowry goes down? Would you rather unproven starting PG or experience?

*Oh, and AJ Price did a fairly good job stepping up while Wall was injured last year. I considered that fact given Lowry could have another injury prone season.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              *Oh, and AJ Price did a fairly good job stepping up while Wall was injured last year. I considered that fact given Lowry could have another injury prone season.
              OHH YEA, AJ Price was pretty good last season. I kept getting him confused with Earl Watson from Utah, i was like all like "wtf"

Comment

• sign me up for Udrih, he's a really criminally underrated pg. is he a starter? no, but he's a great backup. could get him on a mad cheap, short contract too. almost makes too much sense.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm with WMCJ on this one. AJ Price is a perfect backup for K Low

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                    Myck has exactly 2 points and 4 assists, 3 turnovers so far in three games in Orlando so his stock could not be lower when it counts the most. He should go back to school at a Canadian university and get a degree.
                    I feel awful for him... maybe Europe is an option?
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Turns out Milwaukee got Ridnour for nothing but rights to some guy I've never heard of. We could of had him for the 2017 2nd rounder

Comment

• alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                        Turns out Milwaukee got Ridnour for nothing but rights to some guy I've never heard of. We could of had him for the 2017 2nd rounder
                        Uh...no. Because we have no cap space. That's how Milwaukee is absorbing his contract for nothing.

Comment

That is a good point.

Most of these proven players don't deliver anything close anymore to what they have proven, their proven record isn't worth much.

Most of them can't handle a fulltime job anymore and/or get injured quickly. They are no good guarantees for an injury.

We are not contending or close to it. Having players who still can improve and/or have their peak in front of them instead of (way) behind them gives the chance to either develop someone for some time and get a nice addition for the longer term and an asset instead of having a decaying player who isn't an asset and won't be here for long.

Don't give Casey these veterans because we know how that goes.

People want leadership? Don't get it from a one year player. Get it from within, hire one of these guys as an assistant or whatever.

Comment

• Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 6m
                            "Word at the Orlando Summer League is the Toronto Raptors have offered Dwight Buycks their backup point guard job. Buycks has accepted."

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 6m
                              "Word at the Orlando Summer League is the Toronto Raptors have offered Dwight Buycks their backup point guard job. Buycks has accepted."
                              Um...But is that in general, or just for Summer League?

*nevermind, he's not on the SL roster and I don't think he can be.

Doing research on him now!

Comment

• Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 7m
                                "Buycks was in play as the potential third point guard with the Thunder. He now has the opportunity to backup Kyle Lowry in Toronto."

Looks like actual backup.

I looked up some highlights of the guy, and he can ball. Haven't really seen how much of a playmaker he is though

Comment

Working...
                                X