a penny for your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Maybe Grindhouse will come back soon and defend himself!
    perhaps he pulled a tenforthewin

Comment

I don't understand...if Casey and Colangelo wanted to make Lowry a pass-first PG so badly, then why trade Jose??
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        I don't understand...if Casey and Colangelo wanted to make Lowry a pass-first PG so badly, then why trade Jose??
        Just guessing and pulling stuff from my rectum but here goes:

Injury history combined with international summer play
        Building around a 7fter who does not rebound and getting a PG who does
        Defense

Comment

He misspelled Lowry the entire time...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            He misspelled Lowry the entire time...
            championship calibre point guards make you spell their name right. it's one of the intangibles they have. Chris Paul. so good the auto correct even capitalizes it for me.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              championship calibre point guards make you spell their name right. it's one of the intangibles they have. Chris Paul. so good the auto correct even capitalizes it for me.
              So top class point guards have 2 first names? Let's see... Jason Kidd, Chauncey Billups, John Stockton...ah no that's fiction. The gentleman who started this thread has a case of haterade. There's really nothing to see here.

Is Lowry a championship level point guard? Sure, why not? Who's playing the one for Miami this year? Are they as good as Lowry? It's a stupid concept. This is like people judging Demar by ridiculous standards. Demar is a really good second tier player that any winning team would be happy to have. Teams are not the sum of their secondary, or tertiary pieces. They are the sum of the their stars and how they work with the supporting cast.

So who are the Raptor's stars? Bryan Colangelo for the last few years has been trying to sell Bargnani as a star. He isn't a star, matter of fact, he isn't half the player that Demar (a secondary player) is. Therefore, we haven't made the playoffs. He's being replaced with Rudy Gay.

The jury is out on Rudy, but as the lone star player the best we can expect is a lower seed in the playoffs. Why? Because he's barely a player worthy of being considered a star. But at least he is better than everyone else on this team. Back to Lowry, does he have the skills and potential to be more than a secondary player -- from what I've watched, yes. Can he get there? Probably if the offensive scheme takes advantage of his talents he can take that next step. Will he? Your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

First step is making the playoffs its been a long time lets cross the "competing for a title bridge when we start walking on the trail to it, right now the Raps haven't even left the house.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  So top class point guards have 2 first names? Let's see... Jason Kidd, Chauncey Billups, John Stockton...ah no that's fiction. The gentleman who started this thread has a case of haterade. There's really nothing to see here.

Is Lowry a championship level point guard? Sure, why not? Who's playing the one for Miami this year? Are they as good as Lowry? It's a stupid concept. This is like people judging Demar by ridiculous standards. Demar is a really good second tier player that any winning team would be happy to have. Teams are not the sum of their secondary, or tertiary pieces. They are the sum of the their stars and how they work with the supporting cast.

So who are the Raptor's stars? Bryan Colangelo for the last few years has been trying to sell Bargnani as a star. He isn't a star, matter of fact, he isn't half the player that Demar (a secondary player) is. Therefore, we haven't made the playoffs. He's being replaced with Rudy Gay.

The jury is out on Rudy, but as the lone star player the best we can expect is a lower seed in the playoffs. Why? Because he's barely a player worthy of being considered a star. But at least he is better than everyone else on this team. Back to Lowry, does he have the skills and potential to be more than a secondary player -- from what I've watched, yes. Can he get there? Probably if the offensive scheme takes advantage of his talents he can take that next step. Will he? Your guess is as good as mine.
                  Very well put! A+

Comment

Grindhouse, your thoughts were worth a penny and they are no longer in circulation in Canada. So guess what? Neither are your thoughts on here. Lol I know it's not up to me BUT just saying!

Comment

So I am back as requested completely forgot I made this thread.

anyways some of the points guard people listed have the skill set I listed minus jason kidd who didn't get the 3 point shot till late in his career.

watch the games people I am sure nba tv is showing replays. lowry pick and roll I.Q is terrible. there is a huge difference between calderon and lowry on offense everyone can see it. I am not a numbers guy but I am sure the numbers will show amirs numbers dropping way off.

in the press conference bryan himself said lowry wasnt physically there in fact he said it a number of times which backed what I was seeing when i was watching the games.

Comment

It's interesting to note that two former Raptor point guards are playing very well into the second round of the playoffs. Jack and Bayless.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          It's interesting to note that two former Raptor point guards are playing very well into the second round of the playoffs. Jack and Bayless.
                          Don't start. When Bayless was here it hurt my eyes to watch him. Maybe he has learned a thing or two from being rejected by the Raps. One would think his agent would sit him down after that and say "Look, Jeryd, ...."

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

anyways some of the points guard people listed have the skill set I listed minus jason kidd who didn't get the 3 point shot till late in his career.

watch the games people I am sure nba tv is showing replays. lowry pick and roll I.Q is terrible. there is a huge difference between calderon and lowry on offense everyone can see it. I am not a numbers guy but I am sure the numbers will show amirs numbers dropping way off.

in the press conference bryan himself said lowry wasnt physically there in fact he said it a number of times which backed what I was seeing when i was watching the games.
                            ok.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Don't start. When Bayless was here it hurt my eyes to watch him. Maybe he has learned a thing or two from being rejected by the Raps. One would think his agent would sit him down after that and say "Look, Jeryd, ...."
                              I don't know if he's learned anything. He seems like the same player to me. When he's making shots he looks brilliant, but when he's not it's just masked by the overall better talent and defense of the team. He had talent, but is one player I'm happy is no longer here.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

Using an all-star game split Amir's offensive numbers did drop, although not necessarily significantly. Accounting for the minutes difference (all equalized for 32 minutes):

Pts dropped approx 0.6 per game, fg% was almost identical, assists dropped 0.4 per game. However, FTAs dropped approx 1 per game, TOs increased 0.2 per game and OREB dropped 0.5 per game.

I'm not sure how much Assists, TOs and OREBs could be attributed to Lowry vs Jose (thought I'd add all offensive related numbers for reference), but the rest arguably could. Aside from the significant drop in FTA, the rest isn't necessarily much of a change but definetely an across the board drop (assuming I calculated everything properly ofcourse).
                                Last edited by Craiger; Sun May 5, 2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X