Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Raptors are so GOD AWFUL Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Raptors are so GOD AWFUL Opinions?

So this sorry sac of a team is getting spanked by Golden State at the half down over 20 points, no defense no stops no heart no consistency.... what is the root cause for this poor team being so inconsistent and painful to watch. What would be your first three changes you would make if you were GM of the Raps tomorrow?

Triano, inexperience and lack of talent.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Triano, inexperience and lack of talent.
      And with that. #winning.
      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

i bet you that at this moment the owner of the raptors is looking for a new coach. Cause this is just disgusting, i'm starting believe that Raptors4life is right. This team is full of scrubs who can't play defence, there are like 3 -4 players of this team that i would keep, the rest i'd trade them all. The Raptors are making cleveland look like a championship team right now.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          i bet you that at this moment the owner of the raptors is looking for a new coach. Cause this is just disgusting, i'm starting believe that Raptors4life is right. This team is full of scrubs who can't play defence, there are like 3 -4 players of this team that i would keep, the rest i'd trade them all. The Raptors are making cleveland look like a championship team right now.
          Lmao, Raptors_ - this team and organization is clearly a mess and needs to be cleaned out before we stop being the butt of jokes in this league . Heads must roll! in conclusion. My 2 cents.

Comment

I wrote up a big rant about triano and his coaching but then deleted and will say I don't want to see him back here next year.

Comment

Easily the WORST game of the season I cant comprehend how they can lose this badly i almost cried when i saw them down 40 i know ppl will have a field day on this but.......Andrea Bargnani's absolute worst game of the season as a fan that was a horrible thing to watch

Comment

That game was..... I have no words for it..... but an overwhelming majority of fans on RR want the true rebuild to continue, so every loss means more pingpong balls, right???

The only even somewhat keepers on this team are Davis, DeRozan and Bargnani... and only 1 of them has any clue about defense! lol

Comment

Has to be coaching. There is no other team in the league that could beat OKC one day and then lose to Golden State by 40 a week later. There is no consistency with this squad, and while I really like Triano, the mark of a good coach is getting consistant effort from their players. We also play no defense.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    Has to be coaching. There is no other team in the league that could beat OKC one day and then lose to Golden State by 40 a week later. There is no consistency with this squad, and while I really like Triano, the mark of a good coach is getting consistant effort from their players. We also play no defense.
                    Inconsistency is a sign of a young team and a lack of experience not a sign of bad coaching.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      Inconsistency is a sign of a young team and a lack of experience not a sign of bad coaching.
                      the team doesn't run any plays thats bad coaching.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        You're right of course, but I find myself wondering if someone else could get the team to bring more consistent effort. When does the "their young" excuse get old? Next season? After that? Plus it's not like it's just the young guys who are being inconsistent, Bargs had maybe his worst game of the season and Barbosa has been hit or miss.
                        This was the type of loss that can kill a head coach's career, we'll see what happens with Jay at the end of the year.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

It really looks like nobody gives a shit anymore on that team.

Comment

I think the Raptors have some solid pieces, and the start of a team.
                            - point guard - for all the complaints, Jose Calderon is solid
                            - shooting guard - Demar DeRozan still can improve
                            - small forward - weak in James Johnston but decent attitude
                            - power forward - Amir Johnston and Ed Davis are both solid
                            - center
                            - bench - Leandro Barbosa is reasonable off the bench

I hate to say it, because I have been a fan of his until I really looked closely, but I would say that the heart of the problem is the center position. For whatever reason, Andrea Bargnani is not bringing the right things to the Raptors. He may be a great player on another team in another role. Let him go, bring in a good center with the right attitude, and I say that things will change dramatically.

In fact, trade Andrea around the draft, fill one of our other holes with the trade, and also pick up a couple of late draft picks would be my vote.

Of course the dream would be to turn Andrea plus a bunch of pieces into Kevin Love plus something back. If only Minny would consider that ...

Comment

I'm not complimenting Jay here, but Coaches get blamed much to easily.

As I said yesterday, this team is NOT in rebuild mode yet. Its in suck ass mode... and will continue to until something is done about the weak links on this team. Only then can they truelly start rebuilding.

I don't know how anyone thinks they can get a read on the quality of Triano as a coach, when he is subjected to having to play inefficient, soft, no defense players. IF that is his choice, then he is to blame..... but given how this organization seems to cuddle the girls and call them men, I hardly think Triano is the one who deserves the blame.

With Reggie and Amir out, this team would be overpowered by a WNBA team. Not Jay's fault he has been handed women to play a mens league.

Comment

Working...
                              X