Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday, January 13: Milwaukee vs. Toronto (most important game since the last one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honestly, lowry isn't without blame in this one. He did not even attempt to attack the basket, dreadful performance.But like I said earlier so articulately what good does it do attacking the basket when you play with catch and shoot players/cutters like landry fields and friggin terrence ross. These type of players excel with a pass first point guard like calderon......

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
      Thank you. I'm sick of all this Lowry hate, he's the best player on this team. Everyone was praising him when he was healthy and nearly averaging a triple double at the start of the season
      averaging a triple double? that was like the first 3 games of the season..

seriously best player on the team? how about the biggest disappointment, where has he been the best player ..

im not pinning the loss on him but on the bench.. which he leads..

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        Thank you. I'm sick of all this Lowry hate, he's the best player on this team. Everyone was praising him when he was healthy and nearly averaging a triple double at the start of the season
        It's the game we play. Without Bargnani we need other scapegoats. Every game needs to have one or two directly accountable players (or coaches) to satisfy our bloodthirst.

Comment

• I think its time to start Lowry again but it wont happen he, needs to ger situated, hes shown he can pass the ball and score let him play with the starters if you are selling him as your PG of the future then let him start. No knock to Jose at all, but if you are trading a guy soon and keep talking about yes he is on the block dont neglect what your current future plan is.

Lowry is a much matured player now adapting to the system give him back his spot.

Comment

• terrence ross successfully attacking the basket didn't happen in college, very doubtful he can do it now.

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
              honestly, lowry isn't without blame in this one. He did not even attempt to attack the basket, dreadful performance.But like I said earlier so articulately what good does it do attacking the basket when you play with catch and shoot players/cutters like landry fields and friggin terrence ross. These type of players excel with a pass first point guard like calderon......

Terrance Ross played 3 mins, Lowry had an opportunity to be aggressive. He didnt. My biggest concern moving forward is that this is the guy that is supposed to take over..

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                I think its time to start Lowry again but it wont happen he, needs to ger situated, hes shown he can pass the ball and score let him play with the starters if you are selling him as your PG of the future then let him start. No knock to Jose at all, but if you are trading a guy soon and keep talking about yes he is on the block dont neglect what your current future plan is.

Lowry is a much matured player now adapting to the system give him back his spot.
                Are you serious? Why would you *give* him the spot? He can earn it back. Or, he can't. Either way, we'll be better off if he has to try to. Jose has done nothing but excel as the starter this season.

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
                  what else do you want him to do? make you dinner?

Jose

21 pts 8 assists 2 rebs 1 steal No Turnovers 31 mins

Lowery

0 PTS!!! 6 Assists 2 rebs 1 steal 1 turnover 17 mins
                  He managed to get 6 assists with Acy, Anderson and 3 minutes of Ross? Amazing!

The point is that everyone has been after Lowry to play more of a facilitating team game, and not look for his own offence. Casey has probably been emphasizing that, and reinforcing it by starting Calderon and giving him minutes with the only decent front-court players. It's clear that Lowry has taken that message too far. Casey needs to correct that, unless we want Anderson to be the leader of the second unit.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    It's the game we play. Without Bargnani we need other scapegoats. Every game needs to have one or two directly accountable players (or coaches) to satisfy our bloodthirst.
                    Well said

Comment

6 assists, thats it, where is his D, i though he is supposed to be a hard nosed defender, what else did he do, did he lift his bench with his own scoring no.. so it makes me worried that everyone is ready to hand the keys to him and run Jose out of town.

He also has the worst body language out there.

I thought everyone wanted pass first PGs in these parts?

Jose is a free agent. He won't need to worry about being run out of town. he can leave on his own accord. Oh and how did Jose play off the bench?

The worst body language, eh? Very subjective but I'll humor you: how would you feel being asked to change everything about your game that made you the player/person you are? Much like Casey coaching to his weaknesses to start the season, Lowry has been asked to stop playing to what made him KLow.

Comment

Terrance Ross played 3 mins, Lowry had an opportunity to be aggressive. He didnt. My biggest concern moving forward is that this is the guy that is supposed to take over..
                        like I said dreadful effort from him. I need a bigger game sample (and perhaps a more competent offensive coach, who has common sense) before I make the conclusion that he CAN'T play the way I think he is capable of.

Comment

• Re: calderon playing with the bench:

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Nope, he'd step up and do the heavy lifting with no fear of selfish or hero-ball labels.
                          and later...

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Jose is a free agent. He won't need to worry about being run out of town. he can leave on his own accord. Oh and how did Jose play off the bench?
                          The worst body language, eh? Very subjective but I'll humor you: how would you feel being asked to change everything about your game that made you the player/person you are? Much like Casey coaching to his weaknesses to start the season, Lowry has been asked to stop playing to what made him KLow.
                          things that make u say hmmm...
                          Last edited by Machine; Sun Jan 13, 2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Not a good game by Lowry, but he got 6 assists while playing with guys who were missing wide open looks. If Acy could make a layup and Ross and Anderson were hitting the shots they usually made, Lowry would have easily been at 10 assists. If you want a direct comparison with Calderon, consider the stretch of four games in early December where Calderon was averaging about 5pts and 3 assists off the bench. He didn't suck, but he had zero help. Some nights our bench is going to bail out their PG, and some nights they'll make him look worse than he is. Tonight was the latter.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Lowry was asked to stop playing like KLow, wow.. cause that 4-19 record really showed KLow and all its glory. Haha.. LOL..

KLow for Low in efficiency, effort and production.

Comment

Lowry was asked to stop playing like KLow, wow.. cause that 4-19 record really showed KLow and all its glory. Haha.. LOL..

KLow for Low in efficiency, effort and production.
                                .... and that record had nothing to do with a much stronger schedule, starting a rookie centre, Fields' horrid start, and Bargnani, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X