Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday, January 13: Milwaukee vs. Toronto (most important game since the last one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Re: calderon playing with the bench:

and later...

things that make u say hmmm...
    The assumption being Calderon would play to the best of his ability..... which he did not when coming off the bench.

The point is Calderon can look for his own with no fear or worries. When Lowry does it he has to look over his shoulder for the wrath of teammates, coaches, media, and fans.... well wrath is probably excessive for teammates and coaches, fans and media? Bang on.

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
      Lowry was asked to stop playing like KLow, wow.. cause that 4-19 record really showed KLow and all its glory. Haha.. LOL..

KLow for Low in efficiency, effort and production.
      Right. And Lowry played every one of those games? And the ones he did after the first 3, how healthy was he?

C'mon.

Comment

• imaginelino stop being a KLown.

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
          Lowry was asked to stop playing like KLow, wow.. cause that 4-19 record really showed KLow and all its glory. Haha.. LOL..

KLow for Low in efficiency, effort and production.
          4-19 so that's 23 games. Kyle Lowry is definitely responsible for that seeing that he only played 16 of those games and Andrea played in every single one of those games.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
            imaginelino stop being a KLown.
            No need for name calling.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• This game is a proof that the Raps NEED a player like Rudy Gay.

I would trade any player on this team to get a guy like that with the exception of JV and maybe Davis.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                This game is a proof that the Raps NEED a player like Rudy Gay.

I would trade any player on this team to get a guy like that with the exception of JV and maybe Davis.
                I agree we need a little more talent to pull off wins over these .500+ teams.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• We need:
                  1. Valanciunas back (so one of val/amir/ed could be solid big off the bench)
                  2. Bargnani back (then trade him or let him play as a second unit scorer (enough of Kobe Anderson))
                  3. Trade one of Calderon/Lowry + any of Anderson/Fields/Kleiza/Pietrus to starting caliber SF who can score (One of current PGs, who plays from the bench will struggle all the time, Lucas is capable to play 15-17 mins)
                  Last edited by japetas; Sun Jan 13, 2013, 07:43 PM.
                  (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I thought everyone wanted pass first PGs in these parts?

Jose is a free agent. He won't need to worry about being run out of town. he can leave on his own accord. Oh and how did Jose play off the bench?

The worst body language, eh? Very subjective but I'll humor you: how would you feel being asked to change everything about your game that made you the player/person you are? Much like Casey coaching to his weaknesses to start the season, Lowry has been asked to stop playing to what made him KLow.
                    Very much agree on this one. The team is winning and Lowry has been NEUTERED. He's like a different player altogether. No one wants hero ball out of him and now he's criticized for sharing too much - thinking about others too much. His killer instincts have been sucked out, fortunately for now. They are trying to get to the last playoff spot - he may have to suck it up for a while.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• japetas wrote: View Post
                      We need:
                      1. Valanciunas back (so one of val/amir/ed could be solid big off the bench)
                      2. Bargnani back (then trade him or let him play as a second unit scorer (enough of Kobe Anderson))
                      3. Trade one of Calderon/Lowry + any of Anderson/Fields/Kleiza/Pietrus to starting caliber SF who can score (One of current PGs, who plays from the bench will struggle all the time, Lucas is capable to play 15-17 mins)
                      Today's game doesn't warrant these things that you stated. It's one game. They have been playing well of late. JV's absence hasn't been felt in my opinion. Of your list, I only want #2 where the team gets something for Bargs. Lowry doesn't need to be traded. He just needs to adapt to Casey's system. I still think he is a better PG than Calderon moving forward. The lack of clear definition is hurting his game. He doesn't know his role in this team. I'm happy for Jose but it's a double-edged sword - the better he plays as a starter, the longer it will take for Lowry to adapt to the system. Calderon will get hurt at some point and that's where Lowry will come in to take his rightful place as starter of this team. I just hope that Kyle has learned his lesson from the pine. That's my hope.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        Today's game doesn't warrant these things that you stated. It's one game. They have been playing well of late. JV's absence hasn't been felt in my opinion. Of your list, I only want #2 where the team gets something for Bargs. Lowry doesn't need to be traded. He just needs to adapt to Casey's system. I still think he is a better PG than Calderon moving forward. The lack of clear definition is hurting his game. He doesn't know his role in this team. I'm happy for Jose but it's a double-edged sword - the better he plays as a starter, the longer it will take for Lowry to adapt to the system. Calderon will get hurt at some point and that's where Lowry will come in to take his rightful place as starter of this team. I just hope that Kyle has learned his lesson from the pine. That's my hope.
                        About our PG situation i can tell this: it's just a waste of talent. We have two starting caliber PGs and about 0 solid SF. So Two of our best players have to share 48 mins on court and at the same time we must play some quite awful guys like Fields, Pietrus and Anderson same amount of time... We traded TJ Ford, J. Jack, because it was too luxurious to have two of that caliber PGs, now we have even better one in KLow... BC has to decide who stays and who must be traded.
                        Last edited by japetas; Mon Jan 14, 2013, 12:24 PM.
                        (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• The only thing that really bugged me about this game (besides Lowry's disappearance) is why is Acy getting minutes over Grey? It's not like the Bucks were playing small ball. Amir was completely gassed by the end and Sanders was D'in him hard in the 4th. A little extra rest for him woulda went a long way.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                            The only thing that really bugged me about this game (besides Lowry's disappearance) is why is Acy getting minutes over Grey? It's not like the Bucks were playing small ball. Amir was completely gassed by the end and Sanders was D'in him hard in the 4th. A little extra rest for him woulda went a long way.
                            I thought I'd never see the day where someone would say "Why wasn't Aaron Gray in?"

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              This game is a proof that the Raps NEED a player like Rudy Gay.

I agree. Games like these are games where the super-star (or the very least, all-star) is needed to lift a team.

To Toronto's defense though, Demar was doing all his best, but this team is neither good enough, nor is Demar good enough to single-handily take over a game.

As long as JV, Ed, Lowry are not touched. Derozan and Ross are also guys who I really want staying, but including ONE of them for Gay + Calderon + Kleiza or so, I wouldn't be too unhappy.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X