Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Then you are not a true fan!

If it wasn't for math and losing they would totally be in the playoffs - and they'd probably win.

It is not funny, Apollo.
    Ha, ha, that's an airtight case.

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
      I think the Raptors will have a good shot at Irving. Sacramento is playing very well and will pass them. Washington might pass them too based on the schedules each has. Of the Raptors 8 games remaining: 5 are against playoff teams, 1 is against a Bucks team that will probably still be in a playoff hunt, and 2 are against the Nets/Cavs. I think they'll only win the Cleveland game and lose the rest. Come draft time, the Cavs and Kings would definitely take Irving. Washington won't since they have Wall. The wildcard is Minnesota. I don't think they'll take Irving. Instead, I think Rubio is going to play for them next year. I see Minnesota taking Williams, Jones, or Barnes and teaming one of them with Love. If we get Irving, I think the rebuild really picks up. Calderon will be traded, likely for a SF or defensive centre. Then, BC will sign or trade for whatever Calderon fails to bring back in a trade. I would love to see Marc Gasol here but I can't see Memphis letting him go. So, perhaps we can make a push for Tyson Chandler via free agency. He'd be a perfect fit. Then, if we could get a SF who can simply shoot the 3 (maybe Gallineri), we'd be building a pretty nice young team. Keep your fingers crossed.
      I've read a few places that SAC is thinking Irving, Thorton, and Evans as PG, SG, SF. That would certainly be interesting on offense but defensively they'd be very small at the SG and SF.

Comment

Will The Knicks Put A Stop To The Raptors' Siege On 3rd Worst Spot In The League?

Washington continues it's recent "struggles", winners of two straight, and now have the Raptors knocking on the door to "greater" mediocrity as they are just one game back of 3rd worst team in the league. They hope to tie the Wiz tonight but Amare and the Knicks may have something to say about that:

"The plan was to make the playoffs," said forward Amare Stoudemire
        "It's mission accomplished"
        Source: ESPN.com

Comment

Lol the knicks will throw a game just to mess with our odds that would be sad.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Did you say it was a slam dunk? No, I'm just saying that it's not a slam dunk. If there's a scenario by where Minnesota selects Irving, it doesn't mean we're gonna get Rubio. A lot of teams out there would like to have a kid like Rubio on their team..and would pay through the nose to get him. Minnesota's gonna want a lot.
            Let's trade them Bargs + Filler for Rubio + Filler. Bargs needs to play next to a great rebounder.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Washington continues it's recent "struggles", winners of two straight, and now have the Raptors knocking on the door to "greater" mediocrity as they are just one game back of 3rd worst team in the league. They hope to tie the Wiz tonight but Amare and the Knicks may have something to say about that:
              How is third worst in the league and 21 wins mediocrity?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
                Let's trade them Bargs + Filler for Rubio + Filler. Bargs needs to play next to a great rebounder.
                I suggested this trade over a year ago.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  How is third worst in the league and 21 wins mediocrity?
                  I am of the opinion that a team finishing 3rd last with 21 wins is both inferior and poor when compared to most NBA teams. You don't agree with this?

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
                    The only problem from MIN's perspective, in my opinion, is while Love is a great rebounder, he is not a good defender by any means.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      The only problem from MIN's perspective, in my opinion, is while Love is a great rebounder, he is not a good defender by any means.
                      Don't tell Kahn that!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I am of the opinion that a team finishing 3rd last with 21 wins is both inferior and poor when compared to most NBA teams. You don't agree with this?
                        That's not mediocre, it's just straight up bad. Mediocre is what the Raps were with Bosh.

Comment

No thanks on Rubio, also (re: Bargs for Rubio). That guy's got baggage like Bush has a guilty conscience.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                            That's not mediocre, it's just straight up bad. Mediocre is what the Raps were with Bosh.
                            Mediocre:
                            rather poor or inferior.
                            Source: Dictionary.com

Comment

It also says....
                              of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
                              Which seems to be the more accepted definition. Mediocre is related to medium. A mediocre team would be the Pacers. I would not say the Raptors are barely adequate.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                No thanks on Rubio, also (re: Bargs for Rubio). That guy's got baggage like Bush has a guilty conscience.
                                So he doesn't have baggage? I'm confused.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X