Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOLLOLLOLOLOL - Anthony injured, Stoudemire out: KNICKS WIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine what Bayless could do with Mike D'Antoni drawing the plays?! hahah

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Imagine what Bayless could do with Mike D'Antoni drawing the plays?! hahah

LOL I love it. Go off for 60. NP

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        For fuck sale people... I said I love lin despite the God shit... Not that I love him but hate the God shit...

Stop trolling for an argument
        its a stupid argument to begin with. And also there was no god shit either. He might have said like god once in one or 2 interviews but your acting like he carries a bible with him and wears a shirt that says " I LOVE GOD"

Comment

The Knicks 7 game win streak wasn't the only thing to end last night. Someone's ESPN career is sure to be stopped as well.

ESPN apologized for an offensive headline posted on one of its websites that referenced New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin.

An undraft free agent and overnight media sensation after leading the Knicks to seven consecutive victories, Lin had his worst game since he was elevated to the starting lineup, committing nine turnovers in a loss to the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.

A headline that appeared briefly on ESPN’s mobile website read: “Chink In The Armor.”

It was a shocking racial slur aimed at the point guard, who is the first American-born NBA player that is of Chinese of Taiwanese descent.

ESPN, in a statement announcing its apology, said the headline was removed 35 minutes after it was placed on the website.

“We are conducting a complete review of our cross-platform editorial procedures and are determining appropriate disciplinary action to ensure this does not happen again,” the statement read. “We regret and apologize for this mistake.”
          http://www.hoopsworld.com/headline-l...offensive-slur

Comment

Oh my. But couldn't that have been unintended? That is after all an oft used saying and "chink" as used in armor is a valid english word. Boy, sometimes I dont know about the sensitivity meter. Come to think of it I just noticed I used "boy"...will readers of African heritage get offended by my use here because of the connotations of that term in America's historical past.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              its a stupid argument to begin with. And also there was no god shit either. He might have said like god once in one or 2 interviews but your acting like he carries a bible with him and wears a shirt that says " I LOVE GOD"
              Fwiw...Lin seems to be serious about his religion and the god connection. I read a piece yesterday with the foll. quote:

"Jeremy Lin has wrestled with this tension quite openly. In a 2010 interview with the Web site Patheos, Lin recalled, “I wanted to do well for myself and my team. How can I possibly give that up and play selflessly for God?”

"Lin says in that interview that he has learned not to obsess about stats and championships. He continues, “I’m not working hard and practicing day in and day out so that I can please other people. My audience is God. ... The right way to play is not for others and not for myself, but for God. I still don’t fully understand what that means; I struggle with these things every game, every day. I’m still learning to be selfless and submit myself to God and give up my game to Him.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/op...ef=davidbrooks

Comment

ya he's obsessed with god i take back what i said. I heard he wants to be a pastor

Comment

Lin's Turnover numbers are RIDICULOUS. People need to be talking about this more.
                  I guess if they win, it doesn't really matter, but it really is unbelievable.

Comment

Lin's Turnover numbers are RIDICULOUS. People need to be talking about this more.
                    That is the key: keep on winning.

As soon as they start to lose the turnovers will matter and he'll know what tires the bus is riding on.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      The Knicks 7 game win streak wasn't the only thing to end last night. Someone's ESPN career is sure to be stopped as well.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/headline-l...offensive-slur

And the axe swings down......

BRISTOL, Conn. — ESPN says it fired an employee responsible for an offensive headline about Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin.

The headline Friday on ESPN's mobile website was used for a story about a New York loss in which Lin had nine turnovers. The headline contained a word that is used as a slur against Chinese people.

Lin is the NBA's first American-born player of Chinese or Taiwanese descent. He has captivated fans by leading the Knicks to seven straight wins before Friday's loss.

In a statement Sunday, ESPN apologized for the headline and says it was aware of two other "offensive and inappropriate" comments. An ESPNEWS anchor who used the same phrase has been suspended for 30 days. And ESPN says a similar reference was made on ESPN Radio New York, but the commentator is not an ESPN employee.

http://www.pressherald.com/ESPN-fire...-headline.html

Comment

In Lin's defense one of the reasons is that he goes inside quite a bit while keeping the dribble alive and gets a lot of assists (and points) that way. What is surprising is how balanced his game is otherwise. If he can learn not to over dribble and actually improve it ala Nash/CP well then.....!!! He is just a rookie too.

Comment

Working...
                        X