No announcement yet.

Bargniani "we are the worst team in the NBA "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks. Credit to turbozone, their sigs are really good too.

Comment

Raptors "Bargnani is the worst PF in the NBA"

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        It is at least partly their fault. Certainly BC's. I don't think they ever had a good defensive coach (before). During all his developmental years the organisation hasn't done a good job in development. That's strictly on BC. It's also their fault because they don't need to play him. If he doesn't do enough or didn't do enough in the past they should have acted upon it; e.g. by benching or trading him.

Like I've mentioned before, even if they have the basketball talent, not all talented players have the mental talent like the great players; some develop it, but most don't. He might be interested to be great, but (in my opinion) he lacks the mental toughness to overcome adversity and play through adversity (when he's tired it shows, when results aren't there it shows). People can blame him all they want for it, but it's going way too far for me to question his character just because he lacks the mental make-up to become a great player (or even a good player). It would be the same to attack Reggie Evans for his lack of skills. It's just silly.

In agreement especially re mental toughness.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
          I feel bad for the guy. He gets so much hate (I'm usually a part of it), but he's been losing for years. Getting picked first in the draft doomed him, peoples expectations through the roof. Then it turns out he's a lazy player.When he finally tries to drive in for a dunk, he injures himself.

It sucks that we have to hate on a player to get him traded It makes the fans look bad at times, and we already have a hard time getting players to play here. But it should have been done a long time ago.

Maybe if he had worked harder on driving and dunking he would not have got injured. He is the one guy on our roster who would get more calls if he drove more....but that involves the potential physical contact and he would rather take the open 3 than drive the lane.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            I don't hate Bargnani, I hate Colangelo for believing in him.
            Rap of the day IMO!

Comment

"Hey Andrea you wanna go practice your help D?"
              "eh......I don't know...I'm just gonna maybe take a shower and go to sleep"

"Hey Andrea, you wanna practice our end of the game play"
              "You guys go ahead, I think I'm just going to listen to some Belle & Sebastian"

"Hey Andrea, we got a big nationally televised game today, do you wanna maybe shave and fix your hair a little"
              "What's the point"

Comment

This is ending badly.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/tim-s...r-14---1pm.mp3
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                    Raptors "Bargnani is the worst PF in the NBA"
                    Haha. They should say that. Also throw in that mugsy bouges was a better rebounder than Bargnani

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                      Rap of the day IMO!
                      i hate them both.

Comment

I think the rest of the raptors are sending a message to Bargs at DALLAS.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                          The self proclaimed best player on the team has too big of an ego to come off the bench, plus he wouldnt add ANYTHING more than scoring, I want my bench players to add a spark and Bargnani isnt anything more than a chucker/black-hole
                          So many quotes I could have started from, this one just stood out. Andrea Bargnani is Andrea Bargnani - a talented shooter (much better than a 'chucker/black hole) who more often than not gives minimal effort on defence, and when things aren't going his way, offence too. However, I don't once recall him ever saying in public that he should be the centrepiece of the franchise, that he would refuse to come off the bench or that he was too big for the team. He is a role player thrust into a position into which he's not suited by a GM who has now lost all credibility and by a coach who may or may not have been pressured into making Bargnani his number one option - I doubt Casey was, but that's merely my opinion.

Blaming Bargnani for the Raptors' ills has become a hobby horse, just as Jose's defence or Bosh's lack of 'toughness' was in years past. Andrea is a good role player on a bad team, expected to do more than he's capable of because he's been dressed up by higher management as the team's saviour. Give the guy a break, he is the least of our teams problems.

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
                            I dont know if it's all him, he's not the guy and never will be to have put all our chips on his shoulders is probably BC's and Casey's fault they should have known that, its their JOB. Ive always thought he would be an excellent 6th man, if you look back in his second season i think was his best year. He would come off the bench and shoot 3's and drive against the other teams much weaker bigs. He's being used wrong IMO yes he has been inconsistent but i believe he cant handle that role of being the MAN and its been proven for the last two years.
                            His second year was his worst, actually. What blame there is for this team falling short so far is Colangelo's; who's idea do you think it was to up the tempo, to make sure lowry got his shats, to make all the moves that were made, including and especially landry fields, BryCo, the big turnaround has turned into the big miscalculation and cast a shadow on all his previous, and unsuccessful moves, instead of saving him from them.

What is unfortunate, however, is it only would have taken one win plus the jazz and spurs ot games and the hand wringing wouldn't be nearly as intense, nor would their playoff chances; now, it will obviously be very difficult to stay motivated. What is more unfortunate, there will likely be just as much continuity next year as there has been the last...every year B.C. with Calderon, Kleiza, Anderson, Fields, Bargnani, Lowry, Gray and Johnson in various degrees of limbo and hopefully DeRozan is available but likely won't be going anywhere, ever, so Its TRoss, JV Ed and DD as a core that scares nobody, and instead of dealing from a position of relative strength with a playoff contending team and pieces, Bryan has to sell losers who lose and are sick and tired of losing but still lose on the trade market; the real tragedy of this season, in my opinion, is that it was about that trade for a 3 later in the year, but is getting harder and harder to see happening.

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
                              I dont know if it's all him, he's not the guy and never will be to have put all our chips on his shoulders is probably BC's and Casey's fault they should have known that, its their JOB. Ive always thought he would be an excellent 6th man, if you look back in his second season i think was his best year. He would come off the bench and shoot 3's and drive against the other teams much weaker bigs. He's being used wrong IMO yes he has been inconsistent but i believe he cant handle that role of being the MAN and its been proven for the last two years.
                              http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrea...eer_stats.html

Take a look at Bargniani's second season. It was his worst as a pro (though this year is close). I assume you mean his third season but by then he was mostly starting. Bargniani has never been a productive piece off the bench.

For some people, a bench demotion would serve as motivation, but in Bargs' case I highly doubt that. Anyways, the same flaws are there whether he starts or comes off the bench. Frankly, I don't want a guy that doesn't defend or rebound anywhere in this lineup. Bargniani is not even a potential piece here. Maybe a franchise with better player development can get some useful contribution from him down the road, but that will never happen here.

The only question now is if we can get rid of his contract without having to give another team a goody to take him on. If nobody wants him, then I think it's amnesty time this off season. Then Colangelo, Gerhardini, and Bargniani can all take a gondola ride into the sunset, and this team can finally move on from our one of the darkest periods in our brief history.

Comment

Andrea is not that bad of a player on his own.

My biggest problem with him is that he does not play as a big and makes for a lopsided roster, because you have to correct for his deficiencies. Today, Ed Davis and Amir were kicking rebounds back to the guards, if they could get their fingers on it they did. I could of sworn it happenedend at least 5 times and 3 of those times we got 2nd chance buckets.

I have to think long and hard to the time Andrea did one of those, and he is a seven footer. It's that tenacity that I want from the PF spot. I would love to use Andrea as a guard, but he is not quick enough to guard the position. So you are stuck using him as a big man, and that is what hurts the roster, because he does not always play like one.
                                Last edited by BasketballCrush; Sat Dec 15, 2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X