Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Raptors fans think we are better than Wizards and Hornets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Raptors fans think we are better than Wizards and Hornets?

Wizards are better than us at almost every position, except for SG. If they are healthy, I think they are 48 - 50 wins easy.

Wall > Lowry.
    Pierce & Porter (whos looking much better) > Ross & JJ
    Nene is a great big man, and if he and Humphries say healthy, than > Amir & 2Pat
    The Polish Hammer >>> JV

Their bench isn't as great as ours, but they really abuse us in these matchups.

Then there's Hornets.
    We got no answer for Big Al in the middle, and their frontcourt takes advantage of us.
    MKG can do a good job on Derozan, and they have a lot of firepower coming from Kemba, Henderson, and now Stephenson.

Do you think we are a 5th-6th seed at best?
    As time goes on and young teams develop and we lose ground, is it worth it to stay a middling, treading team?

2kfeen wrote: View Post
    Wizards are better than us at almost every position, except for SG. If they are healthy, I think they are 48 - 50 wins easy.

Wall > Lowry.
    Pierce & Porter (whos looking much better) > Ross & JJ
    Nene is a great big man, and if he and Humphries say healthy, than > Amir & 2Pat
    The Polish Hammer >>> JV

Their bench isn't as great as ours, but they really abuse us in these matchups.

Then there's Hornets.
    We got no answer for Big Al in the middle, and their frontcourt takes advantage of us.
    MKG can do a good job on Derozan, and they have a lot of firepower coming from Kemba, Henderson, and now Stephenson.

Do you think we are a 5th-6th seed at best?
    As time goes on and young teams develop and we lose ground, is it worth it to stay a middling, treading team?
    Can't see it with the Whiz

Wall > to = with Lowry...
    Beal << to Derozan.. Derozan is a carded Allstar and will make the US whatever team this is vs Beal
    Pierce >= with Ross.. one on the way down the other on the way up.. they should be equal over the mean
    Nene >= to Amir (who starts) .. but Nene is injury prone and Amir will be on the floor longer.. again likely equal over the mean
    Gortat > JV... Gortat right now is better than JV

Raps bench >>>>> Whiz bench.... and this is why we are better team... you have to sub out your guys for at least 12 to 15 minutes and we will club the whiz bench again this year.

Charlotte has a better 5 right now than we do with Big Al vs JV.. after that....
    MKG is approaching bust status.. his jump shot mechanics are brutal at best
    Kemba Walker is not the player Lowry is
    Lance Stephenson will work his team busting chemistry on this impressionable squad before too long.. He is going to want the ball more than Walker and Jefferson... kaboom about December...
    Gerald Hendeson .. yawn
    Noah Vonleh is a raw rookie.. he is in the same class as Bebe & Bruno... but has had the benefit of being an American with the hype machine behind him...
    Charlotte is better than last year's 8th place finish.. by perhaps 1 rung...
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

1) You're not the only person to make this mistake but the Raptors only need to worry about being better than 4 teams if they want to secure a top four seed in the East - the Knicks, Nets, Celtics and Sixers. Unless you think the Knicks or Nets can win the Atlantic then the Raptors won't be a 5th or 6th seed.

2) Your point about the Raptors losing ground to young + developing teams doesn't really make sense. All three of Charlotte, Washington and Toronto have key young pieces that are still on the come up and all three have key pieces that are either entering or currently in the middle of their prime. However, of those three the Wizards are the most reliant on guys who are on the downslope of their careers (Pierce, Nene, Hump).

All three teams should be pretty close in record this season.

Comment

I think most of our fans value the chemistry of the raps over teams over individual talent

Comment

Raptors were 3-1 vs Wizards and won by 10+ in the wins and lost in 3 OT because of a fluke OReb. Hornet won all 3 head to head games all close including a game when Raptors were shorthanded because of the Gay trade. Within the conference Raps will finish at least fourth and Wizards, Hornets, Heat, Atlanta will have to play each other within the division. Toronto matches up well really well against the Wiz

Comment

What about chemistry?

Around the trade deadline last year, I felt like people were hyping up the Pacers to become the next great dynasty with the additions of Evan Turner and Bynum. But they absolutely imploded and, despite making it to the ECF, they failed exactly at the moment they were supposed to succeed in: beating the Heat and getting to the finals.

I love our team right now because of the characters and the selflessness that each of them display. They developed a culture, an attitude of playing with passion, and it reflected with the Raptors going 42-22 after the Rudy Gay trade.

So why not? The Hornets and Wizards are great, but honestly, they were good last year as well. The Raptors still pulled of a 3-1 series win vs. the Wizards, but always came up short vs. the Hornets. Knowing this team, I highly doubt Lowry and Derozan will go into any game vs. the Hornets without knowledge of that fact, and they will lead the team to victory.

What I truly love the most about the Raptors is the fact that they continue to grow as players, and I am expecting bigger and better things from our young guns next season.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

We got Casey bruh. Don't mess with Kentucky guys

Comment

How could u possibly say that pierce is better than Ross at this point? Pierce was effective at the 4 but was a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE at the 3!!!!! Does anyone else not remember how god awful the nets were before they moved Pierce to the 4?? And now in Washington he's playing the 3 again. Also really? Otto fcking Porter? What has he done besides a decent showing at shitty ass summer league? Give me a break.

If the wiz kept Ariza and had pierce coming off the bench they'd be close to us. But like this? Helllllll no
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

i don't see it either. two teams we were better than last year that didn't get better but somehow both supplant us?
                  chewbacca is a wookie. wookies do not live on endor.

lot's of people on this site go opposites on the issue of internal development, either we get better and no one else improves or like this thread, they get better and we don't improve.

we have just as many young players in prominent roles with potential as either of these teams. we have a top 10 player(last year lowry).

Comment

simple answer:

we were better than both teams last year.

we haven't added anyone new, and i think all the wizards' moves combined hold them about even.

lance stephenson is a wild card. i think he helps them improve, but starting zeller at PF will hurt too, and their team seriously lacks spacing.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Most discussion I've seen around here has recognized the similar trajectories of the Horncats and the Whizzards. Don't think many are assuming the Raps are ahead of these teams by much. A couple key injuries last year and the Raps could have just as easily finished 7th.

All that said, the East is gonna be fun this year. I'm glad the ECF is up for grabs.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Wall and Beal complement eachother very well, but so do Derozan and Lowry. I don't think there is a GM on the planet that would take Lowry over Wall at this stage of their careers.

The Wizards are solid. I don't value Nene or Gortat over JV and Amir that much but I think they have much more solid, experienced depth up front. Even Pierce has proven that his size can be still be a problem for a lot of 3s.

To me, the Wizards and Raptors are pretty much even. I do think the minor moves we made will improve our bench significantly but we are going to be be punished for not having a big bruising center off the bench

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          simple answer:

we were better than both teams last year.

we haven't added anyone new, and i think all the wizards' moves combined hold them about even.

lance stephenson is a wild card. i think he helps them improve, but starting zeller at PF will hurt too, and their team seriously lacks spacing.
                          PJ Hairston and Lance wing tandem will be good enough in terms of Spacing issues. Yes, PJ is rookie but be minded dude was playing in the D League last year and was tearing it apart. he is way ahead of other rookies when it comes to adjusting to the game speed and the NBA grind. But if PJ's knucklehead clashes with Lance's knucklehead, then there goes it all for the Hornets. LOL.

i think they will be a drama filled team to watch next season. much more drama than the INDIANA team from last year.

Comment

ALSO, is it just me or what? the comming season seems like the most "i cant wait till the season start" season EVER. i mean, I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START, FURRREAL!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the 2017 lockout. Constant unsubstantiated tweets on labor negotiations are cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X