Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Hitting the ground running... are we ready?... (vs IND Pacers Halloween night)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    it's weird, after the game and most of last night i was fine with the game and what transpired for the most part, yet this morning i'm enraged. in my experience, if you sleep on something and somehow hate it more, its a bad, bad thing.
    Weird. Right after the ugly ass floater by hill i was ready to nuke the entire world. Those kind of losses piss me off. But after i went to bed and got up i was not nearly as angry

Comment

• We need a Raptors Republic therapist

Comment

• we need a new GM
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Weird. Right after the ugly ass floater by hill i was ready to nuke the entire world. Those kind of losses piss me off. But after i went to bed and got up i was not nearly as angry
          Having watched Raptor's games for 17 years, I no longer feel anything when they lose games like this. It's happened so often I've hardened myself to it. You too, one day, will become dead inside. It's much easier that way....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Having watched Raptor's games for 17 years, I no longer feel anything when they lose games like this. It's happened so often I've hardened myself to it. You too, one day, will become dead inside. It's much easier that way....
            I feel like a part of me has died in the last day.

My determined optimism is gone and replaced with a disturbing dose of skepticism.

Now if JV becomes a 20/12 shot blocking C, then I'll return to my former self.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I feel like a part of me has died in the last day.

My determined optimism is gone and replaced with a disturbing dose of skepticism.
              Cheer up. The Derozan deal doesn't even break into the top 100 worst things ever to happen to this franchise. Off the top of my head, in terms of contract debacles alone, I'd put the following deals ahead of this (in no particular order):

- Yogi Stewart
              - Signing Jason Kapono at 12:01 on the first free agent day
              - The Turkoglu deal
              - Signing Nate Huffman; terminating the deal; being sued; losing
              - God telling John Salmons not to play for Toronto
              - Paying Alonzo Mourning $9 million not to play for Toronto
              - Mo Taylor agreeing to a deal then backing out and signing for less money elsewhere
              - Hakeem Olajuwon

Comment

Cheer up. The Derozan deal doesn't even break into the top 100 worst things ever to happen to this franchise. Off the top of my head, in terms of contract debacles alone, I'd put the following deals ahead of this (in no particular order):

- Yogi Stewart
                - Signing Jason Kapono at 12:01 on the first free agent day
                - The Turkoglu deal
                - Signing Nate Huffman; terminating the deal; being sued; losing
                - God telling John Salmons not to play for Toronto
                - Paying Alonzo Mourning $9 million not to play for Toronto
                - Mo Taylor agreeing to a deal then backing out and signing for less money elsewhere
                - Hakeem Olajuwon
                After reading that, thank goodness Canada does not have the right to bear arms in its constitution - my computer screen would be shot up quite good otherwise.

Comment

• I propose a new team rule: If they have the ball when the shot clock is off, in a game like that, we foul straight away, let them take free throws, and get 10-15 seconds to score ourselves. At least then we can take the last one with time, and they may even miss a free throw.
                  Does anyone else feel like teams can't miss game-winners against us? Last year we had Gay's shot at the Buzzer, vaLINtine's Day, and Luol Deng's tip-in at the end of overtime. Those losses just gut me every damn time, especially when you KNOW it's coming.
                  Still, the optimist in me says it was a good game. Kyle Lowry's a beast, not gonna lie.

Comment

• swingman wrote: View Post
                    ...Still, the optimist in me says it was a good game. Kyle Lowry's a beast, not gonna lie.
                    And they have JV. Those two acquisitions all by themselves are going to make me happy all year long. Casey last year, those two this year, and AA and Lucas off the bench (where Jose can now make a home for himself, as well as Amir and Davis) ...Things have settled down and it is still a MUCH better team than last year. Can't argue with that.

Comment

Lol yes i guess you're right. I'm still one of those hyper raptor fans that gets super pissed after ever loss. But i don't think i'll end up being "dead on the inside" because this team will only continue to get better.

Comment

• Nobody has mentioned that despite the reports of some of the people here, Fields was +6. Best on the Raptors, and behind only Hibbert's +7 for best on both teams.

In other words, the Raptors scored 6 more points than the Pacers during the time when Fields was on the floor, given that he was one of starters and played the 5th most minutes, I'd say that it's hard to argue the team suffers with him on the floor.

That's what glue guys do, make the team better in ways that don't always show up in the box score.

Not saying that he had his best game, just saying that even when his shot isn't falling, the team was +6 with him on the floor.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Lol yes i guess you're right. I'm still one of those hyper raptor fans that gets super pissed after ever loss. But i don't think i'll end up being "dead on the inside" because this team will only continue to get better.
                          I could be wrong, but I believe the dread that guys are referring to is with Colangelo and the DeMar signing and not with the loss to Indy. That signing really stings.

Comment

• I've been watching the Raptors for 17 years, and each nail biting loss stings more than the last.

Comment

• swingman wrote: View Post
                              I propose a new team rule: If they have the ball when the shot clock is off, in a game like that, we foul straight away, let them take free throws, and get 10-15 seconds to score ourselves. At least then we can take the last one with time, and they may even miss a free throw.
                              Does anyone else feel like teams can't miss game-winners against us? Last year we had Gay's shot at the Buzzer, vaLINtine's Day, and Luol Deng's tip-in at the end of overtime. Those losses just gut me every damn time, especially when you KNOW it's coming.
                              Still, the optimist in me says it was a good game. Kyle Lowry's a beast, not gonna lie.
                              Casey prides himself on his team's ability to defend. By intentionally fouling, Casey is essentially admitting to his team, the fans, and the league, that he doesn't trust his defense to get a stop.

I don't see him doing that.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I could be wrong, but I believe the dread that guys are referring to is with Colangelo and the DeMar signing and not with the loss to Indy. That signing really stings.
                                Nah i don't mind the signing at all. Its not like Joe Johnsons so it's not so bad. I've always been a DeMar supporter

Comment

Working...
                                X