Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought that the early signings of carter and butler were also aimed at the deadline, especially butler. bc gave the team some vets and also gave the vets a chance to show what they have for a playoff team. imagine if butler was able to knock down the corner 3. we would get a 2nd rounder for him easy. from a playoff team looking to stop wing players.

this deadline i would like to see barbosa shipped out for a pick. one of amir/ed sent out. if amir for cap relief and if ed for another rookie scale contract for a sg(mayo) , but i think that situation will play out on draft night. if possible jose for a prospect and cap space it is too bad the lakers tpe is just slightly too small.

finally chandler. i want chandler. i have been watching a lot of portland games and batum is a good player but i was just so impressed with chandler this year i cant not want him.

Comment

I dont see how we get Chandler, but Calderon's stock is at an all time high, so if BC can turn that into a pick, or help us move up in the draft, I say pull the trigger. Barbosa is another piece to be moved - what we get back I can't say because he has been playing like crap.

Comment

I want Wilson Chandler. We need another starter on this team. Jose I love you, your a good player and an amazing teammate but, I just don't see him making it through this trade deadline. Start Bayless, give him 33 games to prove his a starter in this league.

Starting 5

Jerryd Bayless
        DeMar DeRozan
        Wilson Chandler
        Andrea Bargnani
        Aaron Gray
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Trade Bayless for a second round pick

Trade kleiza, barbosa and Ed or amir for a lottery round pick

Draft perry jones III and/or Thomas Robinson

Sign a back up point guard in free agency

Comment

From Chris Broussard at ESPN

Lots of teams are calling Toronto about Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani. The Raptors aren't likely to part with Bargnani, and if they move Calderon, they'll need to get a point guard in return. That would seem to make a trade for Calderon unlikely.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-like-beasley
            I think we could classify moving either of the above as a major change.

Comment

In the same article :

Sources say Dallas is about ready to move on from the Roddy Beaubois experiment. The Mavericks have thought for years that the talented young Frenchman could be another Tony Parker, but he has not been able to master the move from shooting guard to point guard. Nor has he been able to fill the void left by J.J. Barea. If they don't move him before this year's deadline, he could be gone over the summer.
              What do you think of the guy ? Would you consider him an improvement over JB ? Would you be ready to give him his chance if we move Jose and get Beaubois+a draft pick from a third team ?

Comment

He's not a point guard. He's just an undersized 2.

Comment

I would only trade Calderon if we got a 1st round selection (a late teens at worst) and young point guard we could move forward with - and who is a legit PG. Not these 6'4"-6'5" SG's who possibly could play the point..or a young swingman who has the potential to fill up the basket.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    I would only trade Calderon if we got a 1st round selection (a late teens at worst) and young point guard we could move forward with - and who is a legit PG. Not these 6'4"-6'5" SG's who possibly could play the point..or a young swingman who has the potential to fill up the basket.
                    Darius Morris on LAL is a 6'4" PG who I would have interest in - low risk, high reward - plus a pick, of course. However, a trade with LA would need another team.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Darius Morris on LAL is a 6'4" PG who I would have interest in - low risk, high reward - plus a pick, of course. However, a trade with LA would need another team.
                      I liked what Morris showed from his freshman to sophomore years at Michigan. He is a big PG and seems like a player that works to get better. He does not get by on athleticism and he does concern me on defence (i he quick enough), but I would be happy with him on the roster.

I say no to Beaubois!
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Morris still has a LOT to learn in terms of being a true point guard. You say low risk, high reward - Morris at best could be a solid bench/rotational player. This team needs a guy on the court who will be a calming influence to these young players. Trading Calderon for Morris and a very low 1st round selection is called selling very low.

Comment

Seems to be a consensus to look to move someone for an additional pick. I'm only in agreement with this if it's a lottery pick which is highly unlikely. With JV and our own pick (top 10 I think is safe to predict) are going to need steady minutes. Adding a third rookie who needs time sets us up for serious growing pains and delaying the "culture change" another year. With Demar, Davis and JJ all just starting to settle into their respected roles and get experience I think two rookies is enough.

I'd keep Jose around unless a deal comes up that you can't say no to. He'll be great to help the two rookies next year and hopefully be willing to sign an extension to eventually become the back up PG going forward.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            Morris still has a LOT to learn in terms of being a true point guard. You say low risk, high reward - Morris at best could be a solid bench/rotational player. This team needs a guy on the court who will be a calming influence to these young players. Trading Calderon for Morris and a very low 1st round selection is called selling very low.
                            For what it is worth, I would rather Darius Morris getting a shot to run the show rather than Jerryd Bayless to end the season. As a 21 year old rookie, I would imagine he has a lot to learn. Luckily he has a solid foundation. He was asked to do a lot at Michigan last season which resulted in forcing the issue at times.

Also, it would be very difficult to label it 'selling very low' as would depend on what happens this summer from the added flexibility of shedding Jose's contract. Also, having an extra draft pick that will likely be in 20-25 range will certainly add options. Of course, the salary cap space is for more than free agency.

Comment

For what it is worth, I would rather Darius Morris getting a shot to run the show rather than Jerryd Bayless to end the season. As a 21 year old rookie, I would imagine he has a lot to learn. Luckily he has a solid foundation. He was asked to do a lot at Michigan last season which resulted in forcing the issue at times.

Also, it would be very difficult to label it 'selling very low' as would depend on what happens this summer from the added flexibility of shedding Jose's contract. Also, having an extra draft pick that will likely be in 20-25 range will certainly add options. Of course, the salary cap space is for more than free agency.
                              Why would you rather Morris as opposed to Bayless running the point? You know what Bayless can do. Morris is still very much a mystery.

I think you're a bit more optimistic about what will occur over the summer. I don't believe that Colangelo and crew will do much. They told us last summer how they wanted to go young and not rush anything. A pick for this team in the 20-25 range basically equates to us acquiring a bench depth player. I'm not too fond of that deal.

Comment

I'm all for some Roddy Buckets
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X