Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If Colangelo is serious about acquiring Chandler, we should hear about a Barbosa or Calderon trade in the next 48 hrs.
    Watch out for any players not playing tonight and tomorrow
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If they trade Barbosa and sign Chandler to Barbosa's old contract 7.6 million per year. What y'all think is that good value? What's the most Nuggets are willing to spend.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        If they trade Barbosa and sign Chandler to Barbosa's old contract 7.6 million per year. What y'all think is that good value? What's the most Nuggets are willing to spend.
        Not in my view. Chandler is a complimentary player at best. His career best PER is 15.7 and his numbers tumbled when he left D'Antoni's system last year. He's a jumpshooting SF who plays good, not special, defense. Again, I think the smarter play is to wait until this offseason and see what is out there, who they draft, etc. Signing a guy like Chandler to a long-term deal at that kind of money, in the middle of a 20-win season, makes no sense to me, which is sorta why I think it has the potential to happen.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          It's like spending $100,000 to build a theatre room in your house when you still don't have a kitchen, any bathrooms and most walls upstairs are missing....
          I don't think WC even qualifies as a full theatre room. Maybe more like a big screen TV and a really nice La-Z-Boy. ;-)

But your point is well-taken, and I agree 100%.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Now is the time for the other Ed (Stefanski/Stephanski? (too lazy too check, too stupid to know)) to earn his paycheck and prevent Colangelo from overspending.

Comment

• I don't think anyone here thinks Wilson is the savior or anything, just a solid starter that won't take anything from the table while providing solid defense and offense. You NEED those players to win championships. You go to war with guys you can trust and Wilson's a guy i trust.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                I don't think anyone here thinks Wilson is the savior or anything, just a solid starter that won't take anything from the table while providing solid defense and offense. You NEED those players to win championships. You go to war with guys you can trust and Wilson's a guy i trust.
                If all he "takes from the table" is less than $8M/year and/or Barbosa, and if Toronto doesn't have a better use for that cap money in the offseason, then I'm all for the move. Otherwise, we already have "solid defense" in James Johnson, and the minimal addition of "solid offense" isn't worth the massive difference in salary/long-term commitment, IMO.
                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• So we sign Chandler and amnesty Kleiza? That would let us keep our cap space and with James Johnson likely being the back up, there would be no room for him on the roster. I don't see what else they could do. Too bad, I like Kleiza.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• FIBA letter of clearance received

Via Twitter.com:

Sam Amick ‏ @sam_amick
                    The agent for Wilson Chandler, @ChrisLuchey, tells media that FIBA has cleared him to return to NBA after playing in Chinese B-Ball Assoc.

Comment

• I think some members here really overvalue our current roster
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        I think some members here really overvalue our current roster
                        do elaborate...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Only if Chandler is committed to coming back to the NBA right now. If he waits, his options get much better.

From a Raptors perspective, these delays are the best thing that could happen as they are going to save Colangelo from himself. The last thing this team needs to do is maneouver and spend a pile of money to bring in Wilson Chandler. It's like spending $100,000 to build a theatre room in your house when you still don't have a kitchen, any bathrooms and most walls upstairs are missing....
                          Sure, waiting will increase Chandler's options but in the end, Denver can always match if Chandler is not offered a grossly overpaid contract. If I was Denver, I would proceed exactly as they are doing. Do not even consider signing him for just this season and give this wannabe Mel Gibson his freedom. Chop him down with some soft Celtic music in the background; I am all for this overly dramatic stuff.

I agree the Raptors should not spend a pile of money to bring Chandler in. I've expressed my fear Colangelo with will do another Turkalike-signing (TM) if he has too much cap space to burn on multiple occasions.
                          Last edited by Hugmenot; Tue Feb 28, 2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Why does everybody think that WC is a finished product? Everybody thinks that's James Johnson has so much potential. When WC is younger and has gotten better every single year in the league. It's hard to get two way players in this league.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• WC has played and been productive for successful/Playoff teams. We don't have a lot of thoses on this team. The fact another playoff team is going after him should say something.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Why does everybody think that WC is a finished product? Everybody thinks that's James Johnson has so much potential. When WC is younger and has gotten better every single year in the league. It's hard to get two way players in this league.
                                From a personal perspective:

Wilson Chandler's statistics are very consistent from year to year and thus he is unlikely to make a significant leap forward. He is thus close to a finished product.

I am not a believer in James Johnson having so much potential; only that he will be a useful rotation player. I would be very surprised if he ever becomes an average starter-quality small forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X