No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exum has played in the US against American prep stars Parker, Harrisons, Randle, etc. in the Nike summit in Portland Oregon last spring.

Last edited by stretch; Fri Sep 27, 2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Semaj Christon
      http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Christon-7026/

Comment

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/semaj-christon

Comment

Coach Self is already calling out Wiggins about his focus.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...iggins-focused

While the rest of the basketball world debates whether Andrew Wiggins will be the top pick in the 2014 NBA draft, his college coach is waiting for him to become the best player on his team.

"He’s been marginal," Kansas coach Bill Self said last week. "Compared to what people are saying, I think he’ll have some ups and downs."
          "It’s just been harder, faster, tougher so far, but at some point I have get inside his noggin," Self said. "He’s been humbled already and that’s a good thing. I just hope the expectations don’t weigh him down too much."

Comment

Croatian point guard Dontaye Draper has been seriously impressed with Saric.

"He's ridiculously talented. After spending two months with him and practising with him, it's rare to find a 6ft 10in (2.08m) power forward who can dribble and have court vision like he does," he said.

"That's what makes him a little bit different than any other kind of power forward. What I see as a point guard and how he plays so far, he can do a lot more but with this team he is just bringing the energy. It's scary."

Draper said Saric does whatever coach Jasmin Repesa asks of him - grabbing a rebound, getting a steal, whatever.

"He's a kid who has so much passion. He doesn't care. He will do it. He's not the type of player who will get rattled and not do it," said the Baltimore-born playmaker.

Draper said Saric will certainly land in the NBA, likely within three to five years. First, he said, Saric needs to really figure out how he's going to play.

"Right now he's playing on talent. But in five years when he really knows how he'll play - small forward or power forward - then it will be really scary. He's just a kid with talent now," he explained.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...9873/arti.html
            Is Saric going to be the next Mirotic?

Is a lottery talent likely to slide because of a couple of seasons wait time - much like Pekovic?

Comment

I have to say I'm very curious as to the future of Aaron Craft.

Pros:
              Good size
              Very good lateral quickness
              Excellent on-ball defender
              Smart pass-first PG
              High Motor

Cons:
              Shooting Range

When you look at the list of pros and cons, the first name that pops into my head is Rajon Rondo, but I think Rajon is a better finisher at the rim and better athlete overall. Still, Craft is probably the best perimeter defender in NCAA, and that should translate to the NBA. He is currently mocked as a 2nd rounder, and I would be surprised to see him go in the 1st, but I think he could pan out in the NBA.

Apparently he has been guarding Kyrie Irving Full-Court at the Nike Skills Academy and was holding his own. For a 2nd rounder, getting a young hard working PG who can defend really well is definitely worth the pick to me.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aaron-Craft-6361/
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Comment

I'm a big fan of both Craft and McDermott.

I mentioned in this forum before the draft that the Raps should trade for a 1st round round pick and draft McDermott. Well, they didn't but McDermott returned to school. So they still have a shot at getting him next year

As for Craft, i think he'll be a late 1st rounder/early 2nd round pick next year. I'm a big fan of the guy. Great defensive player, high basketball IQ. I think he's going to be good.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Jabari asks, "Have you forgot about Ja?"

Comment

Randle is a 6-foot-9 power forward who has the ultra-rare ability to handle the ball like a guard despite his size and strength. He’s too quick and athletic for big men to guard, but has too much length and size for perimeter players to handle. In short, he’s the perfect mismatch. Naturally, he’s been drawing some favorable comparisons.

Today, former Virginia Tech coach and current ESPN analyst Seth Greenberg had perhaps the most interesting comparison yet:

ESPN analyst Seth Greenberg: “(Kentucky’s) Julius Randle is as impressive a freshman I’ve seen since I saw LeBron James.”

— rickbozich (@rickbozich) October 16, 2013

Oops. Yeah, LeBron never actually went to college. However, despite the mistake, his comparison does make at least a little bit of sense (even if it’s completely far-fetched at this point):

ESPN’s Seth Greenberg also on Julius Randle: “If he decides I can get any shot I want, when I want it, there’s no guarding him.”

— rickbozich (@rickbozich) October 16, 2013

Randle is going to have to work really, really hard to live up to the King’s college career — after all, James never lost a game.

http://collegespun.com/sec/kentucky-...man-in-college
                      I could see that quote interpreted the way this author interpreted but I could also see the interpretation of since there is no more high school player entering, freshmen are now the youngest crop to enter the league therefore the what he meant to say was Randle as impressive as any player entering league since LeBron. Regardless, still interesting observations.

Comment

I would love to see us take Dwight Powell in the 2nd round, I think he can be a very nice NBA player. Very mobile 4 man with nice range.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Michigan’s Vertec measures up to 12 feet, 3 inches.

Michigan needs a new Vertec.

“We’ve not had anybody inside our program get all 12 feet, 3 inches -- that was until Glenn Robinson,” Meyer said.

Robinson stands 6-feet, 6-inches tall. He has an expansive wingspan, but is not a pterodactyl. He’s always had a lengthy reach and shake-your-head leaping ability (just ask Minnesota). This latest feat, though -- reaching 12-foot-3 on the Vertec -- is a product of Robinson’s offseason work.

“His body has matured,” Meyer said. “He’s worked very, very diligently."
                          The praise mirrored that delivered last week by ESPN.com national writer Jeff Goodman. Following a preseason tour of Kansas, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Oklahoma State, Goodman called Robinson “the most impressive player of anyone I saw.”

Goodman continued ...

“The questions regarding the son of the ‘Big Dog’ were about his perimeter shot and ability to put the ball on the floor. Robinson buried deep jumper after deep jumper and appears far more comfortable at the 3-spot in John Beilein's offense. It’s still yet to be determined whether this aspect of his skill set will translate in games, but it's a good sign with Robinson more assertive on the offensive end.

“If he can gain a consistent jumper to go with his athleticism, he'll almost certainly be a lottery pick.”

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/inde...lenn_robi.html

Good Lord if he has added to this:

Comment

Draft situation?

http://www1.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

2014 second round draft pick from Sacramento
                            Sacramento's 2014 2nd round pick to Toronto
                            protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Toronto will be extinguished)

2014 second round draft pick from Oklahoma City
                            Oklahoma City's 2014 2nd round pick to Toronto (via New York)

---

2014 second round draft pick to Milwaukee
                            Toronto will convey the less favorable of its 2014 2nd round pick protected for selections 31-36 and Sacramento's 2014 2nd round pick protected for selections 56-60 to Milwaukee (via Phoenix); if only the Sacramento pick falls within its protected range, then Toronto will convey its pick to Milwaukee (via Phoenix); if the Toronto pick falls within its protected range, then Milwaukee will instead receive the more favorable of Toronto's 2015 2nd round pick and Phoenix's 2015 2nd round pick and Toronto will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Milwaukee's right to swap Phoenix for Toronto) [Sacramento-Toronto, 7/16/2012 and then Phoenix-Toronto, 2/21/2013 and then L.A. Clippers-Milwaukee-Phoenix, 7/10/2013]

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                              Draft situation?

http://www1.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

2014 second round draft pick from Sacramento
                              Sacramento's 2014 2nd round pick to Toronto
                              protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Toronto will be extinguished)

2014 second round draft pick from Oklahoma City
                              Oklahoma City's 2014 2nd round pick to Toronto (via New York)

---

2014 second round draft pick to Milwaukee
                              Toronto will convey the less favorable of its 2014 2nd round pick protected for selections 31-36 and Sacramento's 2014 2nd round pick protected for selections 56-60 to Milwaukee (via Phoenix); if only the Sacramento pick falls within its protected range, then Toronto will convey its pick to Milwaukee (via Phoenix); if the Toronto pick falls within its protected range, then Milwaukee will instead receive the more favorable of Toronto's 2015 2nd round pick and Phoenix's 2015 2nd round pick and Toronto will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Milwaukee's right to swap Phoenix for Toronto) [Sacramento-Toronto, 7/16/2012 and then Phoenix-Toronto, 2/21/2013 and then L.A. Clippers-Milwaukee-Phoenix, 7/10/2013]
                              Is this another party pooper?

Raps also have their own 1st round pick.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Good Lord if he has added to this:

I can't remember on which thread, but I posted today that the Raps should get an impact player in the 8-12 range, and Glenn Robinson was one the names I spoke of. The original Big Dog was one of my favs, and I think #3 could be even better. He'd look really good next to JV for the next decade.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X