No announcement yet.

Eastern/Western Conference Win/Loss Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulls - Obviously risky. Will Rose finally be healthy for a whole year? How will Pau play? Pau looked awful defensively last season, couldn't move at all laterally.Playing with Noah will help though and he can't be any worse than Boozer on that end. I think with Pau it's been so many niggling injuries the last few years, he needs to come back in good shape.

Cavs - Think it's totally laughable to suggest they will struggle. LeBron will be super motivated and having a shit team has never stopped him from winning in the past and that will continue. If one guy can get Kyrie to get his head out of his ass and play properly, it's LeBron. Kyrie is a very talented shooter who could thrive off the ball if he embraced it, and having LeBron on your team, he surely will. Add Love and this is the best team in the east.

Wizards - Honestly I rate the raptors very slightly above them, but I'm going to randomly put the Wizards here anyway because I like being negative. If Beal and Wall come back significantly better then they will be scary, though.

Raptors - I am beginning to be very upbeat about the prospect of JV and Ross really stepping up this season, and if they do then why won't this team be top 4 with the chance to be even better? Can't see them not winning the Atlantic at worst which puts them at 4 by default right? (sorry if that is off the mark). The bench with Patman, Greivis, Williams etc looks quite strong and usually a strong bench means lots of regular season wins.

Heat- No LeBron...but still Wade, Bosh and Deng seems pretty solid to me, could even be higher. They added some decent role players as well. Do they have enough three point shooting though?

Pacers( I mean it's possible they could be top 3, but Stephenson was such a talented playmaker for them, as well as rebounder. West is another year older. Which George will show up? the one who was playing like a top 5 player for the first few months, or the one who although still very good, labored to the finish line a bit. Hibbert? Will he register a rebound all year?

Hawks ( Obviously with Horford back they look pretty solid, but strangely so does the East.)
    Hornets ( Also somewhat intriguing, especially with Lance.)
    Nets (meh)
    Knicks ( Should be awful, but we'll see. Could possibly make a playoff run. Defensively it does look appauling, though )
    Detroit ( SVG is good, but nope.)
    rest= tank and cant be bothered listing them.

1.Clippers (Not saying they'll win it all, but that they'll have a very strong regular season)
    2.Spurs (Would love to see them repeat, something they've never done. Still should win a lot of games)
    3.Thunder (With them they have the two great players to get them to win, as well as some handy role players but can they play better basketball. Scott Brooks I'm looking at you. Will the young players improve? They can definitely win it all, maybe it'll be their year.)
    4. Warriors (I'm hopeful a coaching change will help a seriously talented offensive team become something more than mediocre on that end. Jackson really was that bad.)
    5. Blazers (I really dislike them for no logical reason, so I'd be happy if they were worse)
    6 .Rockets (See above)
    7. Memphis (They're really good and Gasol is a phenomenal player. But this is the west.
    8. Phoenix (Partially because I like them so I'm a bit biased (could've put them higher ) . They need to get Bledsoe back, or else i'd put them lower. Dragic is awesome, Isaiah Thomas should be a perfect sixth man for them I think)
    9 .Dallas (Added Parsons and Chandler which looks good on paper, I mean they could make it, and i could totally see it happening...but it's the west and someone has to miss.)
    Rest- IDGAF.

Comment

1) Bulls- Rose, Rose, Rose and Rose. It all starts with him. If he can't play at last half their games this year, expect a 5th place finish.
      2) Cavs- Top 4 team by default.
      3) Wizards- That starting lineup is flat out scary. No more growing pains. This lineup is ready to win and their window starts now.
      4) Raps- It really depends on the development of Valancuinas and Ross. A healthy Lowry is a necessity.
      5) Indiana - The loss of Stephenson will hurt
      6) Heat- They'll be decent
      7) Charlotte- Could go as much as 6th. Most intruiging team in the East this year.
      8) New York - Who cares...
      Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

As for the West:
        1) Clippers
        2) Spurs
        3) OKC
        4) Houston
        5) Dallas
        6) Portland
        7) Warriors
        8) Memphis
        Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

East:

1) Pacers -- The best 4 teams are in the West. But East will have some 50 wins teams, and I think the Pacers are still as good as anyone.
          2) Cavaliers
          3) Wizards -- I think Beal will have a breakout year
          4) Raptors -- like the Bulls and Wizards, it's all about health, could be top 3, could be out of playoffs
          5) Bulls -- they are in the same division as the Pacers and Cavaliers, so one of them will drop out of top 4. I'll bet the Bulls because their 3 best players are injury prone. But if they are healthy and Rose is back to all star form, sure, I'd put them no.1, but I'll believe it when I see it.
          6) Hornets -- they could win that division over the Wizards and be top 4, they are talented enough.
          7) Heat -- they will limp into the playoffs and be dangerous in rd. 1
          8) Knicks

West:

1) Spurs
          2) Thunder
          3) Clippers
          4) Grizzlies -- I think this will be the best Grizzlies year. They finally have multiple shooters on the wings. Marc and Conley are in their prime.
          5) Warriors
          6) Rockets
          7) Mavericks -- too many older injury prone players, no defense, no point guard. Their offense will be something to watch, but I think they are still ~50 wins team
          8) Blazers
          Last edited by BobLoblaw; Wed Jul 23, 2014, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Cavs underperform during the first half of the season (and by that I mean float around the .500 mark). Neither Kyrie nor Love have ever played with another Alpha before. LeBron will need patience to help transform a franchise (for the 3rd time in his career). New coach. Even the LeBron/Wade/Bosh trio struggled out of the gate in Miami, and the Cavs team would be younger and even less experienced.

And we haven't even talked about defense....the kind of championship defense that Miami hung their hats on. Kyrie and Love don't scare anyone defensively. It will take a while to build that 5-man defensive chemistry.

With Love, there's enough talent in Cleveland to run away with the conference easily, but it won't happen in 2014-15.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              The heat have bosh deng and a broken down wade. They are not going to be that good...

Lowry/gv over Napier/cole
              Dd/Lou over broken down wade
              Deng over ross for now
              Bosh over Amir
              Jv over Anderson

The only clearly better position they have is bosh. Deng is not even that much better than ross. Both bring defence but terrence is is a better shooter.

Miami only scoring option is bosh and sometimes d wade. Deng is decent but everyone else kind of sucks...

Toronto is clearly better than them this year
              Deng is not better than Ross at all, Luol Deng is one of the single most overrated players in the NBA.

Deng is better than Ross at SF though because of his size.

Comment

I think it's a given that we're going to be in the top 4. I really don't see how we lose the Atlantic division. The Nets lost two extremely key starters and did nothing to replace them. Knicks are basically the same team, but I guess will be a bit better with Calderon instead of Felton. Celtics and Philly are both crap

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  I think it's a given that we're going to be in the top 4. I really don't see how we lose the Atlantic division. The Nets lost two extremely key starters and did nothing to replace them. Knicks are basically the same team, but I guess will be a bit better with Calderon instead of Felton. Celtics and Philly are both crap
                  Don't forget that injuries can happen. Nothing is a given, not even playoffs.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    Don't forget that injuries can happen. Nothing is a given, not even playoffs.
                    Celtics, Knicks, Nets and 76ers. Unless the whole team contracts plague, they're winning the divison

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      Nets with Brook Lopez back. If Jonas gets injured for an extended period of time it could be bad for us.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Nets with Brook Lopez back. If Jonas gets injured for an extended period of time it could be bad for us.
                        Lopez has missed 150+ games over the past 3 seasons. I don't think he'll ever be considered "back" knowing that the slightest misstep can end his season.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Lopez has missed 150+ games over the past 3 seasons. I don't think he'll ever be considered "back" knowing that the slightest misstep can end his season.
                          I'm just saying it COULD happen. We're not a lock for top 4. We should win but you never know.

Comment

Brook Lopez is basically bargnani, cept he plays inside not on the perimeter. Both can't rebound, and both are horrible defenders but are ok individual defenders

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              I'm just saying it COULD happen. We're not a lock for top 4. We should win but you never know.
                              I would say all predictions in this thread can be disclaimed with "barring unforeseen injuries". With that, the Raptors should end up with home court in the 1st round.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I would say all predictions in this thread can be disclaimed with "barring unforeseen injuries". With that, the Raptors should end up with home court in the 1st round.
                                Of course. Some people are ready to raise the Division Banner already though. I'm just saying to let them play the games.
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X