Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Majority Of Threads These Days On The Board..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ion66 wrote: View Post
    I also have a business, and understand the concept of investing in new equipment. My problem with most of the rebuild talk, or tanking, is the amount that has to be sold/removed/replaced in these scenarios. Would I sell most of my good machinery, in order to finance a new machine? That's what tanking talk involves. I would then have to try and make enough money to replace those machines, in order to be in a better situation than I was before. The only way this works for me, in an equal sense, is to keep my best equipment, and add the new, better machine, thus ending up in a better situation. To get a worthwhile pick in this years tankfest, would require such a dismantling, that it could take years to rebuild around the new piece. I would go in debt to add new equipment, but I wouldn't wreck my ability to generate income, in order to get something new. That's the difference to me, between making a costly investment in the future and selling off your stuff to finance a shot at improving.
    Heh, nice thoughts, but not really the same thing.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Considering the original intent of your thread, it's kind of funny (and predictable) that it's been hijacked into another tank/rebuild/whatever discussion:

My real intent of the thread was to kind of show exactly what's happened to this thread...
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

I just read that they're remaking Roadhouse...WTF
        Without Swayze and Healey and with Elliot doing Chrysler ads and must be ancient now....I dont know if they should try.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Without Swayze and Healey and with Elliot doing Chrysler ads and must be ancient now....I dont know if they should try.
          Sam Elliot is 70 next year, I believe. And doesn't he do Dodge commercials?

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...Patrick-Swayze
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Just 70? Hmmm he looked 70 in the original

Isnt Dodge a division of Chrysler? To make matters more confusing....Chrysler is now owned by Fiat!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Just 70? Hmmm he looked 70 in the original

Isnt Dodge a division of Chrysler? To make matters more confusing....Chrysler is now owned by Fiat!
              Yes, Dodge is a division of Chrysler. My bad. But, I think he does strictly RAM commercials. lol

And yea, he's only 8 years older than Swayze. He looked 20 years older than him in Roadhouse.

Comment

How's it working for ya, if you tankers are at the same position, EVERY year? Obviously not working out for the cheap thrills dept. smh. What rubs off on me is sport CULTURE...being COMPETITIVE...WIN with a "loser" team, so the vctories help us be mor confident. THAT's what rubs off on me. Losing for losing more is absolutely ass backwards. Period.
                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                  How's it working for ya, if you tankers are at the same position, EVERY year? Obviously not working out for the cheap thrills dept. smh. What rubs off on me is sport CULTURE...being COMPETITIVE...WIN with a "loser" team, so the vctories help us be mor confident. THAT's what rubs off on me. Losing for losing more is absolutely ass backwards. Period.
                  Why did you resurrect a 1.5 month old thread just to spout off poorly written bullshit about "moral victories".

Comment

What in god are you rambling about? Worst attempt at trying to get a rise out of anybody. Nonsensical crying.

Comment

Was this supposed to be in hindsight?
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

heh.

maybe he needs ot k now that we all agree the tank is no longer in play, we accept that this is the play moving forward.

hahaha

Now we are all desperate for as many wins as possible.

Comment

This is why I don't visit these platforms much. I'm 40 yrs old and I been watching basketball and other sports, almost all my life. And I've never seen so much talk of tanking, EVERY year, like I do with this so-called fan base. It's sickening and anti-sport culture and anti-competitive. Sports isn't about tanking, it's about finding ways to win in your respective competition. Big old people talking about tanking, every frikkin year, like things are a video game. Dudes are playing waaaay too much NBA2K now. This is players' jobs, what they get paid for, eat with, provide for their families with. Tank talk is for losers, literally. That's a defeatist mentality with no ambition but a cheap thrill. To the point that commentators and GMs have to now talk about it in media scrums because that's all these immature minds wanna do, EVERY year, and plague all these websites like a virus wit tank-talking. Clowns.
                          Good post. It's supposed to be about winning. Yes I know the arguments ..........

Comment

Working...
                          X