Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Makes sense from a financial perspective. But they still need to find minutes to keep both Chandler and Gallo happy. And I'm sure both those guys find it easier to operate with a low-post presence like Nene around to counter-balance their perimeter games.
    +1. Javale Mcgee is not a post presence, George Karl is going to have a hard time with an offense after losing a complimentary player like Nene that could most likely make a team better. Javale Mcgee is a damn bone head.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Makes sense from a financial perspective. But they still need to find minutes to keep both Chandler and Gallo happy. And I'm sure both those guys find it easier to operate with a low-post presence like Nene around to counter-balance their perimeter games.
      Chandler is a 3/2.
      Gallo is a straight 3.
      Afflalo is a 2/3.

Chandler can guard 2/3/4.
      Gallo is a straight 3.
      Afflalo can guard 2/3.

I think they will be fine. I see Afflalo being the bench guy for what it is worth.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        +1. Javale Mcgee is not a post presence, George Karl is going to have a hard time with an offense after losing a complimentary player like Nene that could most likely make a team better. Javale Mcgee is a damn bone head.
        Yeah. McGee won't be demanding a double-team anytime soon, which means a lot less open 3's for Gallo.

Comment

• A big part of the problem with the re-signing of Chandler has been the insistence the deal starts at $7M. However that means he'll get $7M for the entire year despite playing a little less than half. The Nuggets wanted to start at $5M. Saving nearly $7M this year on Nene and $60M over the next 4 certainly makes it a little easier to give Wilson his extra $2M per year.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            No doubt but Karl is a damn good coach. We'll see what happens with Javale. The odds are you are correct but a change of scenery and a different approach might be what he needs to start scratching his immense potential.

Comment

• If Chandler doesn't sign with Denver. Could we able to sign when the season ends b4 July 1st?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                If Chandler doesn't sign with Denver. Could we able to sign when the season ends b4 July 1st?
                No.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I think the Nene trade will be followed up with a signing of Chandler by Denver.

They shed significant salary and will definitely be able to sign McGee for much less than Nene, in my opinion, if they choose to.
                  As I was saying:

The Denver Nuggets are closing in on a long-term deal with restricted free agent Wilson Chandler, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Sources said the deal could be completed as early as Friday.

"It's very, very close," one source said.

Final parameters are still being discussed, sources said, but one scenario on the table is a five-year deal worth in excess of $30 million with a team option in the fifth year.

After trading away veteran center Nene earlier in the day, Denver had more financial flexibility to offer the long-term deal Chandler has been seeking since returning from a stint in China earlier this month.

Denver signed Nene to a five-year deal worth nearly $70 million in free agency in December but quietly decided to start seeking trades for the oft-injured center in recent weeks to ensure that it would have the down-the-road flexibility to bring back Chandler and retain prized point guard Ty Lawson when Lawson is eligible for an extension.

The unpredictable but talented JaVale McGee has replaced Nene as Denver's center, although it's clear that the sudden success of the unheralded Kenneth Faried also gave the Nuggets sufficient comfort to part with Nene.

When March 1 passed without Chandler receiving an offer sheet from another team, his only options for this season were to re-sign with the Nuggets or sit out the rest of the season and become a restricted free agent again in July.
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/76...ilson-chandler

5 years and $30M seems a little cheap but his entire first year salary will go to him this year despite playing less than half the season. It is almost like a signing bonus.

That really helps Denver moving forward.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    As I was saying:

5 years and $30M seems a little cheap but his entire first year salary will go to him this year despite playing less than half the season. It is almost like a signing bonus.

That really helps Denver moving forward.
                    It likely wont matter I would bet large on Raps snagging Barnes/Lamb/Gilcrest /Rivers which in the end will make the losses in this short season sting less

Denvers sitch may not be so cut and dry given....
                    NBA Trade Rumors 2012: JaVale McGee Seeking $14 Million Per Year, According To Report
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
                      it likely wont matter i would bet large on raps snagging barnes/lamb/gilcrest /rivers which in the end will make the losses in this short season sting less

denvers sitch may not be so cut and dry given....
                      nba trade rumors 2012: Javale mcgee seeking $14 million per year, according to report

beal!

Comment

• maybe two second rounders and tpe for chandler? they still have to pay mcgee probably. help us team with capspace, you're our only hope. please jack mcgees price up and make them trade chandler to keep him.

Comment

• well FU Wilson Chandler.

I hate it when athletes flirt with the Raptors only to inflate their own contracts with team they actually want to play for.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            well FU Wilson Chandler.

I hate it when athletes flirt with the Raptors only to inflate their own contracts with team they actually want to play for.

youd think we'd be used to that by now?
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• All second/third tier players try to inflate their worth, they have to try and get as much money as possible because you never know what might happen tomorrow. Get over it.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Via HoopsHype.com:

Benjamin Hochman: Masai Ujiri said Turiaf will be waived to make room for Wilson Chandler, who Masai thinks could be signed in nxt 2 days Twitter

I thought it would be done by today, but I guess they have to wait for Turiaf to clear waivers. Either way, Chandler will be a Nugget soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X